RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > New MY10
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Lookers Park Royal

All the manufacturer advertising relates to 'end of Sept 2009' and the dealer should have reinforced this with you when you ordered the vehicle. If you look at the D3 forum (relating to D4) you will notice that they are all rushing around trying to find stock 'unsold' cars for Sept registration to qualify for the offer.

It may continue in Oct (only LR themselves know), however I would keep in VERY close contact with your dealer regarding this as I would suspect that a subsidy to 0% would not be commercially viable for them. Perhaps ask them to locate a similar vehicle for you before the end of the month or confirm in writing from the Sales Manager or General Manager that they will provide you with interest free funding after the end of the month.

As always, if you need a steer on this then pm or email me.

James Thumbs Up

Post #237265 Fri Sep 18 2009 12:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

I will see how this goes next week, to be fair the dealer did tell me that I would miss the offer, but the finance guy caught me as I was leaving to see if he could do anything for me.

Thanks for the offer James, however I have been trying to find a similar car all week as you know without success. Sad Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #237268 Fri Sep 18 2009 12:49pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

James you may be able to clarify the "contrast stitching" option.

I have ordered Ebony Premium leather with contrast stitching, most dealers I saw seemed to think it automatically came with the premium leather, if so why is it a separate option?

I assume I will get ivory stitching with ebony, just wondering what it will look like as I saw so many different cars have forgotten which had what, my wife said she saw the ebony with ivory stitching and it looked really nice, I can't remember it and have taken her word for it. Embarassed Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #237291 Fri Sep 18 2009 2:18pm
Lookers Park Royal

Richard,

No, unfortunately contrast stitching is not standard on premium leather.

For the 2010my Land Rover have removed Premium Leather as a standard feature and have replaced it with non-premium leather with alcantara inserts. Customers can upgrade to premium leather (very worthwhile in my opinion) for £245. It is standard on Supercharged though. We've not ordered a single vehicle with the standard leather so far.

You can order contrast stitching with either the standard or premium leather for £98. Again, it is available on Supercharged as standard. Personally I like it, but you need to make sure that you don't get the stitching dirty.

Not sure if you need any advice on wood, however Anigre seems to be slightly more popular than walnut, however there's not much in it.

Anything else, give me a shout!

James Thumbs Up

Post #237311 Fri Sep 18 2009 3:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that James, hopefully the Fortron Shield may help to protect the stitching?

Seems to help keep my Ivory leather cleaner with my existing RRS, or so I like to think after spending about £300 on it Shocked Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #237321 Fri Sep 18 2009 4:36pm
SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have been offered the 3 year deal o%,think it's amazing,part ex mine nothing to pay for three years,
Its a no brainer Thumbs Up
I have asked for the tint and they have someone they use at the garage i have ordered midnight for the rear and light smoke for the front. Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #237351 Fri Sep 18 2009 10:39pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

SALMON FISHER wrote:
I have been offered the 3 year deal o%,think it's amazing,part ex mine nothing to pay for three years,
Its a no brainer Thumbs Up
I have asked for the tint and they have someone they use at the garage i have ordered midnight for the rear and light smoke for the front.

Just to forewarn you in case you are not aware.......aftermarket tints really make the heated rear screen elements and the side window elements stand out in a big way Exclamation You may be disappointed with the look. Appologies if you already know this. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #237416 Sat Sep 19 2009 5:57pm
SALMON FISHER

Thanks Josh
This company is Landrover approved so fingers crossed. Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #237437 Sun Sep 20 2009 1:38pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Does anyone know if Tasmod's sills fit the 2010 model, I would guess so as don't think the main body shape has changed...soo do I try and remove them from my existing car and refit on the new one (not sure how easy it is to remove them) or buy new ones...can you still get them even? Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #237442 Sun Sep 20 2009 4:45pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

SALMON FISHER wrote:
Thanks Josh
This company is Landrover approved so fingers crossed.

With the best will in the world, it's not the ability of the fitter that makes the aerial stand out.... it just does, I posted some comparison pics at the back end of last week when someone else was asking. Josh is right, might be worth checking these out. Personally, it'd steer me away from having an aftermarket tint done Very Happy 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #237456 Mon Sep 21 2009 7:49am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Richchad wrote:
Does anyone know if Tasmod's sills fit the 2010 model, I would guess so as don't think the main body shape has changed...soo do I try and remove them from my existing car and refit on the new one (not sure how easy it is to remove them) or buy new ones...can you still get them even?

Good question and one to which I don't know the answer.... I suppose if your cars going, there's no harm in trying to see if they fit. A lot of the body panels have changed so it's possible they wouldn't fit as they did. 

Post #237457 Mon Sep 21 2009 7:53am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Just been and cancelled the contrast Ivory stitching option and gone for Ebony with Lunar stitching instead after looking at the Lunar stitching in my local dealers demo RRS.

Thought the Ebony/Ivory stitching contrast might be too much in your face not having seen one for real and only in catalogue pictures. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #237473 Mon Sep 21 2009 10:48am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

No "living together in perfect harmoneeee" for you then Wink 

Post #237477 Mon Sep 21 2009 10:52am
wo ping

Scotland 

Salmon fisher,

did the same deal here in Edinburgh and its worked out great. who did you use for the tints ?

I put the real lamp guards on and they look great. slightly less halfordsish than the normal look.

wo.

Post #238402 Tue Sep 29 2009 8:48am
Gazzer

Talking if contrast stitching. Just picked up my new Sport with Ebony Premium leather, hadn't ordered the contrast stitch, but to my delight the ebony leather has a light grey stitch which in my book looks fab. The dedicated ivory stitch is more prominent, but I love the grey just as much. 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #238403 Tue Sep 29 2009 9:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>