RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Using the Snow/Ice setting on the jog dial?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

LP, as far as I know there are no programs in TR that will automatically engage Low box, what they wil do is flash the mountain symbol on the dash and the drivers info screen will recommend engaging low box. You don't have to be in low range for any of the TR settings, but for some it helps!
Watching the D3 videos here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic13059.html AndrewS was able to pull away much more smoothly in the rock crawl mode than in Grass Gravel and Snow mode, the ECU remap that happens when you change programmes must do something with the torque or start the car off in 3rd whereas Snow uses 2nd and permits more torque. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #210333 Sat Feb 07 2009 11:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Red1903

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black

Have to take my hat of to the Range Rover after todays drive. After the heavy snow and near blizzards at times eased of at noon, myself in the RRS and a mate in his defender decided to head for a road known as the suie in Aberdeenshire. To start with its around 450 feet ASL but as you begin to climb this starts to increase until your around the 1200 feet ASL mark. I have been up this road in summer when conditions were perfect but today was incredible. With the RRS in Snow/ice setting from the word go we started along the road and it became clear early on that 2 wheel drives would be useless in these conditions. As we started to hit the hill section that leads to to the summit, the amount of snow at the road started to really pile up until at the highest point we had 4-5 foot drifts either side of the car. During the ascent the RRS never put a foot wrong despite treacherous conditions.

When we finally got to the top, we stopped the cars to get out and have a look, within minutes the stunning view over towards Huntly etc was gone, replaced with white out conditions that reduced visability to 20 meters at the most. We then had to negotiate the descent down the other side of the hill which was a nightmare in comparison to the ascent. In addition to the Snow/Ice setting I had to engage the HDC program to safely get the car down into the valley below. At no point did the RRS step out of line, all you had to do was keep both feet off the gas and brake pedals and just let the car deal with the situation..... Thumbs Up

After about 30 mins we decided to double back the way we came, it was only during the climb back up the hill that the RRS for the first time in the day started to struggle, the Defender wasnt fairing much better out in front but eventualy both cars reached the top and the slow gradual descent into the vale of Alford began.

Never driven in conditions like those today and still cant believe the way the RRS dealt with the hill climb in horrendous weather. Thumbs Up

Post #210404 Sat Feb 07 2009 10:11pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Red,

Glad you mastered the snow/ice program etc and got back in one piece Thumbs Up RRS is pretty damm good over all.

Any pics Question

I had a day at work in a Defender last night with offroad tyres. It was as expected very good in the snow/Ice, but I missed the techy bits from the RRS. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #210407 Sat Feb 07 2009 11:14pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim:

Yep your right Embarassed

Was out today and had a play with all settings after post, was going to edit post before some smart alec saw my gaff Rolling with laughter

however I could swear blind when I put it in snow mode the other day it did it automatically, and being surprised at the time, must of had to much caffine for breakfast

Post #210414 Sat Feb 07 2009 11:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12