RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 36 of 41 <123 ... 353637 ... 394041>

RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

But the 5 years service plan is only 5 years if you do less than average mileage. If you do 16k miles per year, for example, your service plan will give you 3 services, not 5. It also doesn't cover wear and tear - effectively it's a few litres of oil and a couple of filters.

Oh, and using the plan means you have to let LR dealer "technicians" near your vehicle. That's a big worry straight away. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #531569 Sat Jul 29 2017 8:12am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Point taken, but it still saves you money compared to having to pay their normal rip-off prices. They must use liquid gold not oil to justify what they charge! Shocked I only do 6,000 miles per annum, so will get the full benefit and will need some form of approved service to keep an extended warranty going anyway.

However, I too have an aversion against taking my car to a garage (I feel the same way about doctors or hospitals!). The minute you've been, something else goes wrong, apart from the state some garages leave your car in with scufts and oily finger marks. I once drove home from the garage with a large spanner on top of the engine - a bit like leaving a scalpel inside you after an operation! Crying or Very sad

Post #531572 Sat Jul 29 2017 8:42am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

That fine with me. I don't do a great deal of miles. My Merc is just turning 11 months old and has covered 8k. So Landrover service plan will work fine for me SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #531600 Sat Jul 29 2017 1:24pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I know someone who has managed 14% off an MY17 RRS when you take in to consideration the finance deposit contribution and the free service plan. There are good deals to be had on these at the moment.

Post #531603 Sat Jul 29 2017 2:50pm
syl

United Kingdom 

There seem to be some great lease deals around at the moment too.

Post #531605 Sat Jul 29 2017 3:06pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
I know someone who has managed 14% off an MY17 RRS when you take in to consideration the finance deposit contribution and the free service plan. There are good deals to be had on these at the moment.

RRS man, if you don't mind me asking who did your friend use for that deal? I would consider a stock 2017 AB at that kind of discount as long as they can deliver in September & give me reasonable money for mine, also willing to travel for the right deal.

Post #531689 Sun Jul 30 2017 6:44pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Harwoods Croydon

Post #531828 Tue Aug 01 2017 10:40am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Have now done 200 odd miles in the Velar and it is by far the best SUV I have owned. Really glad I went with the First Edition as the interior fit and finish is bloody plush! A friend with a full fat AB sat in mine and admitted my car felt more "expensive" than his. Yes the lower part of the doors are in grainy plastic but then when the doors are shut and you are cocooned in all that leather you can't really look down to see the plastic. I think the extended leather pack option is a must have and this covers the entire upper areas with leather.

The drive in comfort mode is pretty similar to a RRS - very comfortable and it wafts a long nicely. In Dynamic mode it is an absolute beast of a car and sticks to the road very well. You can configure the car as you want - Dynamic but with comfort steering, suspension, gearchange and engine response etc and vice versa.

The dual touch screens are very quick and so far no issues to report and they work a treat. The same with the touch control steering wheel which is a magnificent touch to the car. My car has the top of the range sound system and I have franky never heard anything so clear in my life - it really is an amazing sound system.

The parking gizmos - self park etc work very well and I am using it a lot more than I thought I would - the way the car parks is very accurate and bang in between lines - impressive!

The camera's all round are great too - HD images however I don't like the surround view much as the image is too small - if needs to be bigger to full the screen a bit more.

HUD is fantastic and you can now have song names etc also displayed in the HUD however I am having issues with this as apparently the Media details function is not compatible with an iPhone 7 Plus - dealer is looking in to this for me.

The car is getting a lot of attention and mostly from RRS and FFRR owners who I can see point and show their kids or wifes lol when parked up people go up to it and look and touch the handles and look inside etc.

I even had a FFRR drive give me the Censored sign which I thought was pretty funny as I did not do anything he was at the lights and I was driving past Rolling with laughter

There is ample interior space for my two kids ages 15 (5 ft 9" tall) and 10 (5ft 6" tall) and our au pair too who sits fine in the middle. They think the car is only slightly smaller than our old RRS.

Is the Velar better than the RRS - not sure - different cars for different people. I would say the Velar is a smaller more agile version of the RRS. Personally I prefer it over a RRS and the MY18 will need to be much improved for me to be getting back in to one. The ride height is fine it is not as high as a RRS of course but with 22' wheels and the suspension on normal setting the car does not look or feel like an estate but very much like an SUV.

All in all a fantastic car that I am really enjoying driving Thumbs Up

The hand over experience from the chaps at Lookers West London was first rate and they have been great throughout the process from the premier night to the delivery date!

Post #531829 Tue Aug 01 2017 11:00am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Great review RRSman . Your car looks superb and i love the plate, glad you are enjoying it! Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #531833 Tue Aug 01 2017 11:51am
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Looks stunning RRSman. Glad you're enjoying it. Having a first edition and a great reg plate you might get snapped by the paparazzi Thumbs Up

Post #531849 Tue Aug 01 2017 2:15pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

RRS man thought you were quiet for the last few days, car does look great, enjoy!

Post #531856 Tue Aug 01 2017 3:33pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks all! Been quiet as super active in the Velar forums Laughing

Post #531885 Tue Aug 01 2017 10:38pm
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

I went to look at the Velar at my local dealer yesterday and it looks pretty good to me "in the metal".

What I want is an electric version (like Tesla model X but much better looking). Get on with it LR! Regards

Malcolm

Post #531892 Wed Aug 02 2017 7:33am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

There will be a P300 hybrid version but only after the MY18 RRS comes out with one - they won't want to ruin the party as the RRS PhEV is going to be their big news.

Post #531898 Wed Aug 02 2017 9:41am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

malcolmw wrote:
.What I want is an electric version (like Tesla model X but much better looking). Get on with it LR!

Quite agree with you, why bother with a hybrid just go directly to an electric one, we know JRL has the technology they just don't want to poop on Jaguar's party for the iPace.

RRSman, it looks beautiful - how are you going to keep the cream steering wheel from getting dirty quite quickly? Oriental taxi driver style - driving while wearing white cotton gloves? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #531916 Wed Aug 02 2017 11:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 36 of 41 <123 ... 353637 ... 394041>