RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 37 of 41 <123 ... 363738 394041>

RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim only the inner bezel is cream - the outer is black. I have had the car treated with Gtechniq inside and out so the leather is protected from dirt etc - a simple clean with a leather wipe should do the trick. The Gtechniq stuff also protects from Jean stains Smile

Post #531917 Wed Aug 02 2017 11:42am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Did you see RRSman that Romans had a first edition only to be sold before it was advertised.

SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Last edited by SVR575 on Fri Aug 04 2017 2:47pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532028 Fri Aug 04 2017 2:44pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I did indeed! These are in a LOT of demand Smile

Post #532029 Fri Aug 04 2017 2:45pm
kmpowell

Currently sat in my local Land Rover dealer, waiting as my RRS is serviced. Got chatting to the salesman about Velar waiting times/prices etc. He said I could have a P380 Velar for October delivery. I said was that the same for all models, he checked the system/screens in front of me and it showed Oct/Nov for all models apart from the P300 which had no date.

He said demand is certainly slowing for these, and they have actually increased RRS sales due to the close prices once a Velar is specced up. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #532066 Sat Aug 05 2017 9:59am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Well that is complete opposite from what Londons biggest JLR dealer told me...they are not being able to shift RRS's since the Velar demos have arrived on site. Everyone eants the new toy or is waiting for the update. One can easily get over 12% of a RRS if they want one now.

It's not rocket science for one to know that the tech on the Velar will be introduced on the RRS soon.

You are right about waiting times which are currently 3-4 months depending on the model.

Post #532067 Sat Aug 05 2017 10:17am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

3-4 months waiting time so early in a new model's lifetime doesn't sound much to me TBH. So "overwhelmed with demand" might just be the usual marketing BS these dealers so generously hand out to get people to sign up for the "newest, hottest thing" to artificially create demand as a result.

I had to wait 5-6 months for my RRS when the model was already 2 years mature. And unlike Velar, it wasn't even a completely new thing in the lineup as RRS1 was already there. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #532078 Sat Aug 05 2017 12:17pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Have just returned from my local LR dealership, where the salesman there told me that both the Velar and the new Disco are not selling as well as expected. He seemed to think that a lot of this was down to the governments anti diesel stance along with the pricing compared to other models in the LR range.

Jim

Post #532087 Sat Aug 05 2017 2:17pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The "Rich Bastard" Luxury car tax on cars over £40,000 cannot be helping. Also LR's rather indulgent pricing for both D5 and Velar won't be helping. I also know 2 dealers who have not taken a single order for a Velar so far........... one is a rural based dealer and the other in a country town. That must be very disappointing for dealers who otherwise shift plenty of RRS and FFRR's. There was a lot of interest when it was revealed but once the actual car was shown I think the high price and odd rear quarter design has turned a lot of buyers off and what were potential orders got withdrawn. I haven't driven a Velar and look forward to when I get home, but the prices put it out of my league unless in the New Year there are some juicey discounts coming due to flagging sales! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #532089 Sat Aug 05 2017 2:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Rolling with laughter I love the Velar bashing on here. Expected though as it's a RRS forum Very Happy

Whether they sell or don't sell, whether they are expensive or not expensive IMHO it is a phenominal car. Now done 500 miles in mine and have enjoyed every single mile way better than I did in my old RRS. The car is brilliant.

I actually met somone very senior at JLR(based in India) recently and what he told me made a lot of sense. The Velar was actually meant to be a RRS coupe and hence the pricing. The entry price of £44k was never meant to happen it was supposed to start from £65k but after some market feasibility study they realised that if they launch the Velar as a RRS road going coupe there would be way to much technological difference between the cars and it would seriously stagnate RRS sales and upset RRD punters so they had to start with a cheaper model and call it a model that sits below the sport but anyone who has driven one can quickly realise that the Velar is way more a RRS type of car than an Evoque type of car.

The shorter build times are due to much lower demand for the RRS so they are building these thick and fast. I think it's great for JLR to be selling as many as they can rather than be a Porsche and create fake waiting lists like they did for the Macan.

If they are not selling great - I'll get to have a rare car rather than the now very common RRS Thumbs Up

Post #532090 Sat Aug 05 2017 3:25pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Double post

Post #532091 Sat Aug 05 2017 3:25pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
The "Rich Bastard" Luxury car tax on cars over £40,000 cannot be helping. Also LR's rather indulgent pricing for both D5 and Velar won't be helping. I also know 2 dealers who have not taken a single order for a Velar so far........... one is a rural based dealer and the other in a country town. That must be very disappointing for dealers who otherwise shift plenty of RRS and FFRR's. There was a lot of interest when it was revealed but once the actual car was shown I think the high price and odd rear quarter design has turned a lot of buyers off and what were potential orders got withdrawn. I haven't driven a Velar and look forward to when I get home, but the prices put it out of my league unless in the New Year there are some juicey discounts coming due to flagging sales!

Tim oh Tim! I think the Velar rear end is a work of art when compared to the very fussy rear of the RRS which I never liked. The SVR finally got that one right.

How is this ugly Shocked

Click image to enlarge

Post #532092 Sat Aug 05 2017 3:28pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Sorry to say that I agree with Tim, indeed I said so when I first saw pictures of the car, it's the worst view by far in my opinion.

Post #532094 Sat Aug 05 2017 4:10pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
The Velar was actually meant to be a RRS coupe and hence the pricing.

I never realised that they shared the same underpinnings. Confused

Post #532095 Sat Aug 05 2017 4:12pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

It's not they did not want to use an aged chassis so used the F Pace which is more road focussed as that is what they wanted to achieve with the Velar. They already had the RRS with a low transfer box as the offroad expert.

Last edited by RRSman on Sat Aug 05 2017 4:46pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #532096 Sat Aug 05 2017 4:39pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Sorry to say that I agree with Tim, indeed I said so when I first saw pictures of the car, it's the worst view by far in my opinion.

And I guess you think this looks better too? Lol Shocked

Post #532097 Sat Aug 05 2017 4:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 37 of 41 <123 ... 363738 394041>