RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Meet the new Range Rover VELAR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 35 of 41 <123 ... 343536 ... 394041>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Interesting, thanks. (I'll have to be more careful/discerning with what I read into auto-journalist reports!)

Post #531072 Sun Jul 23 2017 10:49pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Some of thr reviews are simply stupid! The what car review ended in the guy saying he prefers an Audi Q7!! Urm hello different categories Question Exclamation

Post #531074 Sun Jul 23 2017 11:03pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Ever since i ordered my sport i was always curious as to if i should have bought a Velar. So on my day off today i popped to Matford LR in Exeter to have a look as i had never seen one in the flesh.

They had 4 in total 2 in the show room and 2 outside. 1 in grey, 1 in gold ish colour, 1 in red and 1 in white. everything from basic to R Dynamic, Now don't get me wrong they where lovely, modern,eye catching especially the R Dynamic trim, and the touch screens where slick with no lag at all, high res a massive step up, a much better finish to the rear end than the Sport, i really liked the grill and pop out handles, But that's where is stops for me. Getting in and out of the car and the seating height just felt the same as my Mercedes GLC, Then the Velar sloping roof and pointy rear end (marmite love it of hate it) it really felt no bigger than the GLC even though it is.

I was really hoping i was going to love it and change my order but the RRS wins hands down for me, cementing my decision, It really is all down to personal preference. I am a bit biased when it come to the RRS as i have always aspired to own one for a very long time. Think iv'e done it at the right time as i dread to think how much the list price is going to be on the my18 if they add a lot features from the Velar. SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #531309 Wed Jul 26 2017 5:10pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Enjoy the RRS Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #531429 Thu Jul 27 2017 10:38am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

For me as above, The RRS as a complete package can't be beaten IMO.
I think you have picked right, just enjoy. Thumbs Up John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531443 Thu Jul 27 2017 12:48pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I disagree - it will be beaten with the numerous changes in the MY18 RRS Smile

That is what I am waiting for before I get myself back in to one as the changes will be substantial Thumbs Up

Post #531444 Thu Jul 27 2017 1:02pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

I have to say i agree with RRSman. I've no doubt that the MY18 changes will be a huge step up from the current one, but i am guessing so will the price,

I know i've taken a gamble with a MY17 but did not want to get priced out of the market, it has taken long enough for me to justify spending this much on a car, My Merc was £44k and i though that was too much, so spending another £27k on top has me thinking ohh Censored what have i done lol. Probably my own fault too as i don't buy used cars.

Whats the worst that can happen? i cancel my current sale and order the MY18, or the MY18 is out of my price range in i stick with the MY17,

I got a good discount on the MY17 and i know i would loose that on the updated model, plus any price increase could push my current cost up a further £10k SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Post #531459 Thu Jul 27 2017 4:03pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
Probably my own fault too as i don't buy used cars.

Those of us who don't buy new cars are grateful to those of you who do. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #531503 Fri Jul 28 2017 9:35am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

markymarkf wrote:
I have to say i agree with RRSman. I've no doubt that the MY18 changes will be a huge step up from the current one, but i am guessing so will the price,

I know i've taken a gamble with a MY17 but did not want to get priced out of the market, it has taken long enough for me to justify spending this much on a car, My Merc was £44k and i though that was too much, so spending another £27k on top has me thinking ohh Censored what have i done lol. Probably my own fault too as i don't buy used cars.

Whats the worst that can happen? i cancel my current sale and order the MY18, or the MY18 is out of my price range in i stick with the MY17,

I got a good discount on the MY17 and i know i would loose that on the updated model, plus any price increase could push my current cost up a further £10k

May I ask what level of discount you were given on the MY17

Post #531511 Fri Jul 28 2017 10:57am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I got 6%, but I've seen 10% claimed on here! Shocked

Post #531519 Fri Jul 28 2017 1:36pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Yeah I managed £7500 off a £77500 unreg`d MY16 stock car, in October 2016. Just before the MY17 cars came out. Dealer told me they couldn`t have done that on a MY17 though

Post #531521 Fri Jul 28 2017 2:28pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that information, but the person whom I'm referring to specifically was someone who was purchasing a MY17. The reason I recall it so well is that he was claiming to have received the 10% (far better discount than me) at a similar time as my purchase, which was in March this year. To be fair, however, your situation parallels the current position of a MY17 just as MY18 comes in, so maybe 10% will be available again now(?)

Post #531526 Fri Jul 28 2017 2:49pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

Towards the back end of MY change I believe LR builds cars for stock so then to sell these LR must offer bigger levels of discount to dealer in turn to punter. My dealer came to me with about 10 cars he could call over from factory. However some allocated to other dealers. So my car was swapped internally from one dealer to another and my dealer was then able to call it from factory to him

Post #531529 Fri Jul 28 2017 3:08pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

[/quote]

May I ask what level of discount you were given on the MY17[/quote]

I finally got 7% plus the £1,000 deposit contribution in total came to around £6,000 but i did change spec from a HSE to Dynamic got them to throw in 5 years servicing along with wheel & Tyre protection SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

Post #531541 Fri Jul 28 2017 7:01pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

5 year's servicing is worth £699, so it all tots up.

Post #531542 Fri Jul 28 2017 7:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 35 of 41 <123 ... 343536 ... 394041>