RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > EU Referendum
Should the UK remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?
Remain a member of the EU
21%
 21%  [18]
Leave the EU
78%
 78%  [67]
Total Votes: 85

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 9 123456789>

Lost for Words

United Kingdom 
EU Referendum

Well, this seems to be the only forum that hasn't had a poll, so here it is. Thumbs Up

It's a heated topic, so I suggest NO REPLIES, just vote. Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #498119 Tue Jun 07 2016 3:32pm
Camelrock

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Tangiers Orange

Don't really care either way in fact I think we binned the papers still on a low wage getting hammered for tax and since we don't have kids etc carn't claim for anything....... Rant over, have a nice day Thumbs Up 2008 G4 RRSport TDV8 current
2009 TDCi 90 current
2018 Discovery 5 HSE lux current
1994 Dakar current

Post #498135 Tue Jun 07 2016 5:41pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

We and most of the rest of our street use Postal Votes and returned them today.
Of those that were willing to say 20 out of 26, 18 want to leave and 2 want to stay, from a fair age group and various jobs etc.
Very small sample but with ours and others many 'SAY' they want to leave. Irrelevant really until day after vote and any government fiddles committed. Censored Rolling with laughter John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #498146 Tue Jun 07 2016 8:18pm
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Bump. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #498214 Wed Jun 08 2016 5:06pm
Stuart

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

People should remember Brexit isnt a vote for the status quo, it is a vote for full speed ahead and "you voted for it".

More economic unity, destruction of our borders, even less democracy and an ever expanding EU that will swallow up Georgia, Ukraine and Turkey (or allow them visa free access which is the same outcome). Add to that, EU wide tax levels, centralised taxes, destruction of the NHS, pension reductions and taxation, EU military (they wish to take control of the UK's nukes), EU foreign policy which is over and above individual members own (which means that if the Argies went after the Falklands again, the UK would not be able to respond without the approval of all EU member countries), and eventually Euro acceptance...

This is an hour long but well worth showing any floating voters:

Get a 2005-2009 RRS (FAH500210) sat nav/dash mat here - the one that wasn't there when you bought the car.

Spiffing wheel centre caps available

Post #498227 Wed Jun 08 2016 7:25pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

You obviously missed 2008 - 2015, when the idea of EU federalization has faded.
Regarding nukes - France, an EU founding nation, already has some, actually more than is needed to wipe the entire humanity out of the planet, so I don't think the EU needs to make sure this can happen twice and so desperately wants to grab the UK ones.
Regarding the Falklands - as you might probably be aware of, UK is a member of NATO, which (article 5., collective defence) has exactly the same set of rules. Why not exit NATO right away, the UK has already been cheated upon when no US soldiers came to liberate the Falklands and UK has been eentually granted an exepmtion from the NATO rules. And the Americans, aren't they after your nukes? They might just want to erase the whole population not 10, but 11 times.
And the UK pound and euro acceptance... When was the last time a bored mogul was able to shake the UK financial system, because he fancied? And how much expensive everything will get in the UK? What are the estimated loses of the UK exporters? What is exactly the strategy to protect the UK from the results of the recession? Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Last edited by TheWojtek on Wed Jun 08 2016 8:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #498230 Wed Jun 08 2016 8:07pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

That's why voting OUT is the best reason to vote, to take back control of our borders, and repeal EU enforced laws, and make our own decisions for what is best for this Country.
We didn't fight two wars just to hand over Britain to Germany and Co, France will do what they always have, very little.
They export far more here than we do there, so they are going to stop that? Get real.
We've had recesions before, and plenty more Countries to trade with, we stayed out of the Euro which was the only good decision made, many Europeans would like to ditch the Euro including Germans. Wink
The U.K. Cannot afford to take in any more immigrants, if the Law was followed as it should be, no one should arrive here as they are meant to stay in first friendly Country and they come through several to get here. No room, no jobs, no housing simple. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #498231 Wed Jun 08 2016 8:09pm
TheWojtek

Last time I checked the UK borders were controlled by UK personnel, however they might have been illegal Argentinian immigrants.
And how exactly do you see "handing Britain over to" anyone?
Germany, France, everyone will keep exporting to the UK. The only problem will be, after Brexit everything will be more expensive - in the UK.
UK automotive industry (90% export, I believe?) will be eradicated.
You had recessions, sure. I believe the UK was already in the EU for a long time, when Mrs. Thatcher was at the helm. Quite well fit within the EU budget as well.
Euro is the only reason those Germans can flood your market with their products. It simply makes the rich exporters richer. Quite contrary all the UK exporters wake up every morning to check the UK pound vs Euro rate, because a small variation means loss or profit. Sure, the UK can benefit from a large trade network established hundreds of years ago, I just worry that these countries - NOT in the EU - are not able to absorb any more than they already do. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---

Post #498234 Wed Jun 08 2016 8:25pm
Welshian

Wales 

At my local pub we do a poll every Friday over a pint or two, could it be litres shortly, farmers, OAP's, businessmen, under 18's Rolling Eyes result 98% out.

Post #498250 Wed Jun 08 2016 10:40pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Johnski wrote:

We didn't fight two wars just to hand over Britain to Germany and Co,

It makes my blood boil to see this crap trotted out. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #498253 Wed Jun 08 2016 11:01pm
URX

Scotland 

I think the average view per country varies relative to money in vs money out.
Poland seems to be very pro EU....wonder who gets bags of cash.... RRS1 2009 - 2012
RRS1.5 2012 - 2016
RRS2 ...you are kidding right?

Post #498255 Wed Jun 08 2016 11:07pm
TheWojtek

Yes, mostly because Poland knows first-hand how does it look like WITHOUT EU.
And just to explain the "bags of cash" story - between 2004 and 2015 the balance of the EU funds vs EU costs for Poland was roughly at -300 million euro. We got the cash, yes, and we've given it back, quickly and with interest - in an amount that would allow all UK scientific programs to run for next three years. We're happy to fund British universities and NHS. Oh, both will end with Brexit, seems Dr Wollaston has found it out as well. Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---

Post #498265 Thu Jun 09 2016 6:10am
fdhadi

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If things don't change they'll stay as they are!

Time to go.

Germany would love to leave but they're in far to deep.

If we leave, others WILL Follow.

I'm only worried that Germany will refuse to sell us BMW's. Yeah right

The EU need us far more than we need them.

Wake up and smell the coffee and vote out

Out out out Bow down Bow down Bow down

Post #498271 Thu Jun 09 2016 7:54am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

One thing to also take into account.................. If there is an Out vote on the 23rd then the UK will be broken up. The ruling party up here has kept it's mouth very firmly shut, doesn't comment much and only the party leader ever says much. They are praying for a leave decision as that immediately gives them the reason that they want to dissolve the Union with another Independence (and remember it was a political "once in a generation" vote up here 2 years ago!) referendum. Be very careful what you wish for whichever way you vote, the knock on could have much more serous implications for the UK as a whole. Before you all leap on me I only live here, I am an expat but this is something that many Scots are very very conscious about but the UK as a whole is totally ignorant about. Can England really survive on it's own in the big wide world because sure as eggs is eggs if Scotland gets Independence Wales will be after it as well, then Cornwall....... The Referendum on the 23rd is a vote to leave or remain BUT there are other consequences likely to follow on if there is a Leave vote. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #498277 Thu Jun 09 2016 8:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

Not according to a recent TNS poll suggesting 48% vs 38% would vote against independence if the UK votes to leave the EU but Scotland to remain. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK

Post #498280 Thu Jun 09 2016 9:18am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 9 123456789>