RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > EU Referendum
Should the UK remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?
Remain a member of the EU
21%
 21%  [18]
Leave the EU
78%
 78%  [67]
Total Votes: 85

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Didn't need to be a citizen to get it (although after full exit I'm sure you will), unlike us you have to contribute for a long time to German Social Security to get any sort of benefit from it. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499380 Fri Jun 24 2016 9:48am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

So they just found a way to get out of paying then - like the small print on insurance or as they've been doing for years..... Blaming the EU Rolling Eyes

Looks like they're going to have to start making up some new excuses Confused Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #499381 Fri Jun 24 2016 9:56am
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

ilard wrote:
2040s, TheWojtek, 2040's. (Or 2039). Unbelievable atrocities by many European nations back in 1939 era and 1839 era. But we've come a long way since then. And we will go a long way forward from now, just got a few wrinkles to iron out.

Well, it's not me who is reaching as far back as 1939, is it? I didn't do this picture, I just try to fit into the narration.
Nevertheless - it's by far the beginning of an end. Scotland referendum in 30 months, NI outraged with the results, vast majority of young and/or educated voters for 'remain', market reacted accordingly to Brexit, Merkel opting for disconnecting the UK from EU as quick as possible in her commentary after the results... seems you'll just get what you asked for. What a waste.

Tyrefitter wrote:
Lets get the Great back in Great Britain again.

Hmm. I am not exactly convinced with this "great" adjective Laughing

And to sum it up (I won't comment on this sad thread anymore), today's FT:

Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #499382 Fri Jun 24 2016 10:07am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I did vote Leave, more so after Cameron's campaign of threats and fear, but after reading many articles, politicians comments, history and what I know is best for me and my family still voted Out, as did most of Wales, and England come to that. Smile

I felt quite confident of the Leave vote after discussing with many friends and work colleagues and how they intended to vote, and that the immediate response would be a drop in the money markets, so gambled by changing a few thousand into Dollars and the same for Euros and when it was at its highest levels. It worked, and already seen a increase in my savings because of this. I'm not like the stock exchange members obviously, but many have made thousands of pounds by investing on Leave, and knowing if Remain vote did come through, then they would be better off.

As the amount of Postal Votes had surged to the highest ever level, this meant that all the discussions, threats etc, made no difference to many who had returned their votes up to three weeks ago, like our family. Not sure if this is the way to go, it does guarantee the people vote regardless of weather, distance or holidays etc, but as the Labour leaflets only arrived Tuesday this week, it wasted much money, printing and sending out. The Parties haven't caught on how many have now registered to vote by Post. The internet being used will help in coming years. What do others think? It does make much of the campaign a waste of time. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #499388 Fri Jun 24 2016 11:25am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

tanloverluke wrote:

you mean article 50.
do you really think that interest rates will go up? :

Yes, finger trouble on the phone keyboard

It's not interest rates I'm worried about: it's having a job to be able to pay the repayments. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #499389 Fri Jun 24 2016 11:28am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

The biggest reason stated for leaving the EU by voters, was Imigration first, and EU making laws against what the UK wanted (we have all seen hundreds of examples, so I won't waste time putting them up) was second reason for leaving EU.
As Airbus Industries stated, France will still want the engines and wings from the UK do a leave vote won't damage them or many other industries.
Now we can also stop cheap imports of Chinese Steel, by high traffics, as they sell for less than production costs, which we weren't allowed to under EU.
I think that not having any EU accounts written off, just proves they are thieves, liars, a law unto themselves and that they can't be trusted. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Fri Jun 24 2016 11:43am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #499391 Fri Jun 24 2016 11:32am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Wrong. Steel import tariffs were vetoed by the UK Government. The EU wanted to do it but we wouldn't let them. This is just one example of people voting on things without understanding the facts. Too late now though.

The UK Government is more worried about keeping Chinese investors happy than it is about UK jobs. China will be investing in HS2, for example, along with Hinkley. We'll be paying them back for decades of course. One set of foreign masters gone, a new set takes over. We don't get a vote in China though... 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #499392 Fri Jun 24 2016 11:38am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Shocking news - Richard Branson is leading a Leave-backlash consortium, underwritten by Deutsche Bank and Société Générale, to buy as many homes as possible in the Shires, and then offering them with 10 year subsidised rents to all families who want to relocate to Britain from Europe (while they still can) and to refugees. The susidised rents mean they can accept lower wages, although they may just claim benefits. Each family gets a free king size sheet-sized flag for the country of their origin to hang outside their new home, a free goat or lama (their democratic choice), and construction of one new place of worship per 10,000 people (Church of England has been selling off land). Gove predicts an influx of 2,500,000 people in the next 24 months, primarily into Leave boroughs.

Rolling with laughter

In other news, London is holding a referendum for independence from England. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #499394 Fri Jun 24 2016 11:49am
LG8340

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black
Referrendum

The outcome is surely proof that it is wise to be 'careful what we wish for'.
Now that we have it, many are shocked and asking themselves what have we done?

How for example will we guard a border with Scotland when they vote in a second Referrendum to remain in the EU.

For Scotland it won't be straight-forward either. They can't simply remain in; they will have to apply to join.

Neither will they be able to join on the same terms as the UK. They will have to adopt the Euro and be in the Shengen area!

The Irish border too will have to be policed along its entire length! That has historic trouble all over it.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive" RRS (MY13) Santorini Black SDV6 HSE luxuary
Gone: Evoque, Freelander 2, Mercedes 320 CLK, Porsche 911's

Post #499397 Fri Jun 24 2016 12:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The Wojtek has departed us and makes fun of Great Britain (clearly not his native country). Hopefully he'll be on an easyjet flight shortly to that utopian land he speaks of. France? Finland? Italy? Greece? Spain? Be my guest.

The FT comment that he posted was just a comment, from a guy working in the finance industry, the very same industry that created the financial crisis of 2007/08 and that caused awful hardship for the working class families that he so very cares for at this convenient point in time. I work in finance and it's NOT a noble industry!

And as for Merkel, she today commented that the EU should maintain "close future relations"with the UK. German businesses are in fact more pro-UK than they are pro-EU (in fact let's have a referendum to prove it, with their 1 million immigrants and billions in loans to Greece Thumbs Up ). Let's also have a referendum in Sweden and see what they think, that should be fun.

RRSTDV8 I can't promise you that you'll keep your job. Didn't Deutsche Bank just announce it was shutting 188 German branches and cutting cut 3000 staff? Damn, in the #StrongerIn Europe? Whistle Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #499398 Fri Jun 24 2016 12:42pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

tanloverluke, do you think this may trigger something of a collapse of the EU? (Given opinion polls in Germany, France, Denmark etc). If so how long would that collapse take?

And then what we could do, to offset the loss of Scotland, is invite countries like the Netherlands and Italy to join our kingdom, united together, all using the pound. That would be quite funny! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #499399 Fri Jun 24 2016 1:06pm
johnunleashed

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Good one for Wojtek

2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #499400 Fri Jun 24 2016 1:07pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

I've had discussions with so many of my colleagues over the last few days and especially today on this subject. I have not found a single Leave voter (or may be they were too ashamed to admit). None of them cited financial or selfish reasons for Remain but only logical, principled, humanitarian and for a better future for generations to come. To say that the mood around here is gloomy would be an understatement.

Sure, EU has inefficiencies but those could have been fixed over time. Look at the scale ... an oil tanker takes a long time to change course but it IS capable of heading in the right direction. You don't jump into a rubber boat and wander into the unknown on your own.

This point about the right to live and work in 27 countries is a privilege I am going to miss a lot. The UK passport was NOT the most powerful in the world because we could merely VISIT most of the world visa free or could obtain visa on arrival. US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. all have that too - no big deal. Its strength was in the fact that we could LIVE/WORK/STUDY in many different countries without fuss. Where else in the world would you find that sort of freedom and flexibility at such a massive scale? Why on earth would anyone want to give that up? Anyone underestimating the importance of this privilege needs their brains checked Rolling Eyes Thanks for significantly devaluing our passports Evil or Very Mad Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #499401 Fri Jun 24 2016 1:09pm
tanloverluke

ilard wrote:
tanloverluke, do you think this may trigger something of a collapse of the EU? (Given opinion polls in Germany, France, Denmark etc). If so how long would that collapse take?

And then what we could do, to offset the loss of Scotland, is invite countries like the Netherlands and Italy to join our kingdom, united together, all using the pound. That would be quite funny!

That would be INCREDIBLY amusing Rolling with laughter

Let's see what Spain decides. They're a proud nation and this may push them over the edge. They should have adopted a loose monetary stance like the UK/USA did but they didn't have their own central bank. Anyway that's history. The ECB may start making promises now to inject an extra-ordinary amount of liquidity into the system, maybe even helicopter money. In which case I think we can have a good outcome. I'm already buying the periphery. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #499402 Fri Jun 24 2016 1:15pm
tanloverluke

fkarim wrote:

This point about the right to live and work in 27 countries is a privilege I am going to miss a lot. The UK passport was NOT the most powerful in the world because we could merely VISIT most of the world visa free or could obtain visa on arrival. US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. all have that too - no big deal. Its strength was in the fact that we could LIVE/WORK/STUDY in many different countries without fuss. Where else in the world would you find that sort of freedom and flexibility at such a massive scale? Why on earth would anyone want to give that up? Anyone underestimating the importance of this privilege needs their brains checked Rolling Eyes Thanks for significantly devaluing our passports Evil or Very Mad

It is so wrong of YOU to belittle my decision based upon YOUR circumstances. You want to live and work in 27 other EU nations so you vote to remain. I don't want to abide by EU rules and so I vote leave. My vote is for MY particular circumstances that are right for me with zero regard (i.e. with COMPLETE DISREGARD) for your personal circumstances. Your vote is for your circumstances without regard for mine. All I know is that I will still have to exchange foreign currency to travel to the Euro zone (no change there) and I will still have to show my passport at the terminal (no change there) and talk of a visa being a requirement cannot be proven. EU regulations in fact cost me a business and prevented me from starting another.

I used to live in Sweden and I found myself moaning about the system, the police, tax, prices. What did I do? I didn't call them brain damaged. I very promptly moved house and family to the UK. Maybe you should consider the alternatives (TheWojtek already has). If you stay and keep on moaning then maybe it's you that needs the brain check (just throwing it back at you) PS It is VERY easy to learn a foreign language. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #499404 Fri Jun 24 2016 1:53pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 7 of 9 <123456789>