RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > EU Referendum
Should the UK remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?
Remain a member of the EU
21%
 21%  [18]
Leave the EU
78%
 78%  [67]
Total Votes: 85

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>

fkarim

United Kingdom 

Not once did I say free movement was the ONLY reason to vote Remain but sure, cook it up as it suits you. This is what got the Leave campaign their desired result anyway Rolling with laughter

Thanks for your suggestion about me moving elsewhere. I am not into knee-jerk reactions but can't say the thought hasn't croseed my mind. Or other people's. Or businesses. Pushing the country towards a brain drain will achieve another BREXIT objective - no competition! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #499405 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:12pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

tanloverluke wrote:
My vote is for MY particular circumstances that are right for me with zero regard (i.e. with COMPLETE DISREGARD) for your personal circumstances. Your vote is for your circumstances without regard for mine.

S'funny, I voted Remain because I thought it was the best thing for the country as a whole. I didn't vote for me, I voted for us.

Perhaps I was mistaken in looking at the bigger picture. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #499406 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:30pm
tanloverluke

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

As for Morgan Stanley, a bank I know well, 1) they pay near zero corporation tax to the HMRC despite making a lot of money here; and 2) they've paid billions in fines for their part in the financial crisis and I have very little sympathy for US banks, sorry. Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.
TO DO: color code sills and pillars.

Post #499407 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:34pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I see Farage is now claiming the Ł350million/week thing had nothing to do with him. True colours being shown already.

Hopefully UKIP and Farage will now disappear from the UK political scene. A single issue party/politician with no issue to campaign on now. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #499408 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:34pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

tanloverluke wrote:
I have very little sympathy for US banks, sorry.

Erm what about the thousands upon thousands of PEOPLE working (and paying their taxes to HMRC) for the US banks or any other firms that will be contemplating moving out? I didn't think I would have to explain something as simple as this one but my bad, I overestimated. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #499410 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:38pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:

S'funny, I voted Remain because I thought it was the best thing for the country as a whole. I didn't vote for me, I voted for us.

Perhaps I was mistaken in looking at the bigger picture.

^^ This Thumbs Up I think I have already said on this thread earlier that I (as an individual and family) am more likely to gain from BREXIT overall. But that doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #499411 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:44pm
tanloverluke

RRSTDV8 wrote:
tanloverluke wrote:
My vote is for MY particular circumstances that are right for me with zero regard (i.e. with COMPLETE DISREGARD) for your personal circumstances. Your vote is for your circumstances without regard for mine.

next time I vote in the election I'll give you a call for advice Mr. Green Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.
DONE: Meduza front bumper, AB rear bumper, AB tailpipes, calipers repainted, rear upper tailgate upgrade, side steps, AB front grille, AB side vents, rear LED lights, clear side repeaters, integrated daytime running lights, LED headlights.

Post #499412 Fri Jun 24 2016 2:47pm
tanloverluke

fkarim wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:

^^ This Thumbs Up I think I have already said on this thread earlier that I (as an individual and family) am more likely to gain from BREXIT overall. But that doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

I'll be straight, two years ago I developed a tumour and the only people around my bedside were very, very good friends and family. My attitude since then has been to care for them and ONLY them. Life, for me anyway, is far too short to be trapped by dogma Sheep So when you say that you voted for the sake of others with disregard for yourself, good on you and that's not necessarily wrong, but for me that's just never going to happen.
Thumbs Up Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #499413 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Sorry to hear about the tumour. Hope all good now. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #499414 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you voted remain and still feel that you would like to be in the EU then you can still emigrate to mainland Europe for the next couple of years, or if the wicked witch of the north and her hoard of helpers doesn't scare you too much you could move up here - we could do with a boost to property values! At least you would be with like minded folks - and we could export all the Leave voters down to England where they would be happy with their friends down south ................... Edinburgh would make a great Financial Captial of Europe, it's much nicer than Frankfurt. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #499415 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Agreed. Love Edinburgh! Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #499416 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:32pm
tanloverluke

fkarim wrote:
Sorry to hear about the tumour. Hope all good now.

cheers buddy, these things leave horrible mental scars but also teach you invaluable lessons.
Now, I'm off to France in August and I can tell you one thing, I really want the pound to strengthen. So you can laugh at the fact that my holiday will probably cost me more Mr. Green Recently bought a 2007 RRS HSE TDV6 for a Pimp-My-Ride-Project.

Post #499417 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:33pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up
I'm in the same boat. Austria, France, Germany and Switzerland in August ( if they let us enter Laughing ) and dreading the EUR and CHF rates. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #499418 Fri Jun 24 2016 3:39pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

tanloverluke wrote:
The Wojtek has departed us and makes fun of Great Britain (clearly not his native country). Hopefully he'll be on an easyjet flight shortly to that utopian land he speaks of. France? Finland? Italy? Greece? Spain? Be my guest.

Hey, don't thow me out of the window so fast. What utopian country did I ever spoke of? Can't recall, really.
No, I don't make fun of UK. I seriously pity the UK right now. You will in 5-7 years. However, it's highly amusing (as in Schadenfreude to see this:
http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/24/man-who-vote...d-5964450/

Seems there were quite a lot of those tricked into leaving.

tanloverluke wrote:
The FT comment that he posted was just a comment, from a guy working in the finance industry, the very same industry that created the financial crisis of 2007/08 and that caused awful hardship for the working class families that he so very cares for at this convenient point in time. I work in finance and it's NOT a noble industry!

Make sure you find his Illuminati ties fast enough. And chemtrails, never forget chemtrails.
Yes, it's not a noble industry. Yes, they can crush you in moments. Yes, the poor working class who voted "leave" will feel the consequences first.

tanloverluke wrote:
And as for Merkel, she today commented that the EU should maintain "close future relations"with the UK. German businesses are in fact more pro-UK than they are pro-EU (in fact let's have a referendum to prove it, with their 1 million immigrants and billions in loans to Greece Thumbs Up ). Let's also have a referendum in Sweden and see what they think, that should be fun.

The fact that these countries have urged UK to remain a part of EU might give you something to think about. Or just read the polls, German is not that hard to understand, neither is Swedish. Slight hint: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/eu...87466.html Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #499421 Fri Jun 24 2016 4:21pm
johnunleashed

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

Quote:
TheWojtek I won't comment on this sad thread anymore
 2007 SUPERCHARGED HST

Post #499423 Fri Jun 24 2016 4:49pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top