RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My Bonatti Grey RRS Project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>

kav1187

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Damn you Rolling with laughter

Thanks...will give it a try when the weather warms up some as I don't have spares. Im liking what you've done so far...all to my tastes and more or less as id do it myself if I wasn't working on my VW. Keep up the good work Thumbs Up

Post #367702 Thu Dec 27 2012 1:28am
RRS_Drew

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

So christmas eve mornings, i got the phone call, the bumpers where ready!

So instead of starting my xmas shopping in true man style, i decided to fit the front bumper as i couldnt wait! must to the dismay of the wife! ha.

After two painfull hours later thanks to some rusted solid screws, the front was on!...

before...

Click image to enlarge

after...
Click image to enlarge

Happy was an understatement, totally transformed the car! plus really happy with the colour choices, bonnati grey with matt black inserts and silver towing eye cover.

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #367703 Thu Dec 27 2012 1:34am
RRS_Drew

The wife made me spend all day with her and the kids xmas day!...selfish on her part i know! ha, so 1st thing boxing day out i went to fit the rear plus exhaust tips, ha....

before....

Click image to enlarge

after...
Click image to enlarge

Once again, simply over the moon with the look and complete transformation.

All it need know was a wash and some more pics!...

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #367704 Thu Dec 27 2012 1:38am
RRS_Drew

One good wash later and as it stands today, really really pleased with it.....

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

What you all think so far? hope you like.

Mods to come...

HST roof spoiler
2010 rear lights???
2012 rear badges
Colour coded door slabs
HST kick plates
Possibly painting front grill inner matt black

Drew

Post #367705 Thu Dec 27 2012 1:43am
RRS_Drew

kav1187 wrote:
I love those wheels! They look great colour matched! Did you tint the rear lights yourself?

What are the side repeaters, Smoked or tinted?

Side repeaters are smoked.

Drew

Post #367706 Thu Dec 27 2012 1:55am
Bandit8

England 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

That look fantastic now Thumbs Up . I realy liked wheel option 2 in the same colour as the car. That would of been my choice.
The transformation has made it a new car so far and think you have done well over the 2 months of having the car. Not too sure about the ride height with a set of 22 on.... must be a harder ride then before .???

Cant understand why the wife wanted you wih the kids on Christmas Day........ Rolling Eyes

Anyway. Realy really nice updates and keep them coming on the forum. Thumbs Up It is what it is and I am what I am....

Post #367708 Thu Dec 27 2012 8:45am
BKHK

Australia 

I think you took a perfectly respectable 55 plate RRS and ruined the look of it.

It has gone from a genuinely "classy" nice car to a drug dealer's pimp-mobile. The ride must be horrendous on those 22s with lowered suspension, it must feel like there is no suspension at all.

I think you have over capitalised on a 55 plate car. I would have spent the money more wisely, maybe a larger house as the ones in your pictures look like shoe boxes.

Last edited by BKHK on Fri Dec 28 2012 6:28am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #367709 Thu Dec 27 2012 9:03am
RRS_Drew

Bandit8 wrote:
That look fantastic now Thumbs Up . I realy liked wheel option 2 in the same colour as the car. That would of been my choice.
The transformation has made it a new car so far and think you have done well over the 2 months of having the car. Not too sure about the ride height with a set of 22 on.... must be a harder ride then before .???

Cant understand why the wife wanted you wih the kids on Christmas Day........ Rolling Eyes

Anyway. Realy really nice updates and keep them coming on the forum. Thumbs Up

Thank you, to be honest I was unsure about the lowering but the company who did it assured I could test it untill I was completely happy, if anything the ride is improved now, much less wobble and roll and is not harsh at all. It's only been done by 20-25mm, but wouldn't recommend going any Lower as the ride does got harsh after the 30mm level.

My wife uses the car everyday as I have my own company car, put it this way she couldnt even tell it had been done.
Drew

Post #367711 Thu Dec 27 2012 9:44am
Bandit8

England 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

BKHK wrote:
I think you took a perfectly respectable 55 plate RRS and ruined the look of it.

I think you have over capitalised on a 55 plate car. I would have spent the money more wisely, maybe a larger house ans the ones in your pictures look like shoe boxes.

I disagree there BKHK. I think he has done a fantastic job in transforming a plain cat into his own identity. Obviously NOT a pimp mobile as there are many RRS out there that have had it pimped to the max. This is just enough to make it different.

The houses we have over here are bloody expensive for what we get. Yes sometimes they are small, but it look likes everyone wants to live in the UK and land is precious, therefore they build more houses on small plots. But they are built using bricks and mortar and not just wood... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes It is what it is and I am what I am....

Post #367713 Thu Dec 27 2012 10:09am
RRS_Drew

BKHK wrote:

It has gone from a genuinely "classy" nice car to a drug dealer's pimp-mobile. The ride must be horrendous on those 22s with lowered suspension, it must feel like there is no suspension at all.

I think you have over capitalised on a 55 plate car. I would have spent the money more wisely, maybe a larger house ans the ones in your pictures look like shoe boxes.

Wow BKHK, that's a nice welcome to the forum!?...thanks.

If we all liked the same thing the world would be a very boring place so appreciate your opinion but as its my car I couldn't disagree more.

As for your comment around money I have spent on it, you do not know how much I paid for the car nor the parts that have been fitted, but what I can tell you is if I wanted to sell this car I could for a healthy profit even taking the upgrades into consideration. So, please keep any non factual comments to yourself.

As for the lowering, has your car been lowered? Have you been in one that has? I think the answer will be no! So again please refrain from non factual opinions as untill you have tried and tested these things yourself you are not adding value with comments of that nature.

Shoe box house???, firstly my house is not in those pictures so yet again another non factual and non value comment!, secondly even if it was how do comments like that add value to this forum? I am sorry if me and my small house and drug dealer car have offended you so badly. I only joined this forum last night as I thought it was for like minded people, obviously not in your case.

So, thanks for the car related comments, those I welcome good or bad. But as for your others!....well I will not lower myself to your level!

Drew

Post #367714 Thu Dec 27 2012 10:10am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

BKHK wrote:

Agreed. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #367715 Thu Dec 27 2012 10:28am
DaveRRS

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Looks great chap, big fan of the HST kit.

Where did you pick up the HST grille from? 2007 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R

Post #367723 Thu Dec 27 2012 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sparky8181

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

BKHK,

Commenting on the size of someone's house, bit harsh don't you think?

Has someone got the post Christmas blues after not getting what they wanted off the big man in red Rolling with laughter

RRS_Drew,

For the record I like it and think it looks a nice job, and the onyx wheels are the nicest by far Thumbs Up if it was mine I think I would stop now though as it looks nice without being ott MY07 TDV6 HSE Stornaway & Ivory

Mods So Far: Side steps - Smoked Side Repeaters - OEM Style Signature LED Front Lights - LED Side Lights - LED Interior Lighting - 2012 Autobigraphy Style Front Grill & Side Vents - 2012 Rear LED Lights

Planned Mods: Paint My Brembo's - Colour Code Mirrors - Rear Interior Light Mod - GVIF

Post #367726 Thu Dec 27 2012 11:08am
RRS_Drew

DaveRRS wrote:
Looks great chap, big fan of the HST kit.

Where did you pick up the HST grille from?

Cheers! Glad you like it. Got the grill from fleabay, bargain too only £60, seller didn't advertise it as HST!

Drew

Post #367728 Thu Dec 27 2012 11:16am
RRS_Drew

sparky8181 wrote:
BKHK,

Commenting on the size of someone's house, bit harsh don't you think?

Has someone got the post Christmas blues after not getting what they wanted off the big man in red Rolling with laughter

RRS_Drew,

For the record I like it and think it looks a nice job, and the onyx wheels are the nicest by far Thumbs Up if it was mine I think I would stop now though as it looks nice without being ott

Many thanks, glad you like it.

Agreed, it's nearly done now, probably just end up colour coding the door slabs and call it a day.

Drew

Post #367729 Thu Dec 27 2012 11:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>