RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > How does this appear as a deal??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 6 <123456>

Biggles

England 

If you go off roading I think there will be no turning back from the sport, it is a great pleasure to see what the sport can do off road.
Go do it if only once Arrow Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #10574 Mon Jan 16 2006 7:13pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

You're right guys, i am persuading myself to keep the RRS for the time being..
Still love it and am finding it hard to think of any car really that will fill the gap so nicely. Am sure the RS4 wil suffice, so guess tommorow i will find out.

That manager didn't respond to my email, and i resisted calling to nudge him. Will surely get a call from the salesman tommorow who might be loosing an easy multiple sale here and i will try the water and see if he still wants to let me have the RS4 if i give him a deposit right there and then.

So i guess tommorow is decision day, have a nice drive down to watford tommorow to pick up my aunt who is over from Oz, so guess i get another chance to beat my 32.4 MPG record..

Post #10621 Tue Jan 17 2006 1:12am
kam100

United Kingdom 

spoke to the sales guy yesterday, and despite my emails, no decision had been made yet, and they didn't think they could find an extra £1500 from anywhere, i told him to try and he said will get back to you..

Left a message on my answering machine last night saying, off home now, will speak to you tommorow, (just ****king tell me on the message!!!! hate it when people don't get to the point..) now been playing voicemail hockey with him all day!!!!!!! i know he is going to say no to my request. although i want the RS4 for June, so am eager to speak with him..

Post #10713 Wed Jan 18 2006 12:59pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

kam100,
Is it possible that deep down inside you, you actually want an RRS Supercharged? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #10748 Thu Jan 19 2006 2:17am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well yeah.. that would be nice..!!
Just that they are on the wrong side of £50k for me right now..
Ive decided after hearing back from Audi yesterday.
They have basically offered me £32.5k for the S4 come June time for the RS4 exchange, so i asked whether i could just take the RS4 in June and keep my RRS now.. they said that would be fine, so am waiting to place a deposit down on the RS4 today when he calls me.. should be a good change. would have been nice to warm up to the Rs4 with the S4 being a good stop gap, but it was too expensive a stop gap for me right now as its shedding a lot of value month on month, which thankfully the RRs isn't.

S4 = 340ish Bhp
RS4 = 420 Bhp, so going from a RRS TDV6 with 190Bhp standard, will be quite a difference!!

Post #10765 Thu Jan 19 2006 1:24pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Kam,

you can now order a supercharged from select automaotive for £51625 brand new with 16 - 20 weeks del time.

http://www.select-automotive.com/search_index.php

I see the advertise on autitrader so you may have seen this? Also noticed several used supercharged sports for sale at around £51k - maybe when you talk to them ( trade in ) poss come in at under £50k then - who knows ?

As for the RS4 - all I can say from experience is whatch out for these......

" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #10766 Thu Jan 19 2006 1:40pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Think you've done the right thing, Kam. Any details on the spec yet? Colour/trim etc? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #10828 Thu Jan 19 2006 6:55pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well, its speccable..
Build date is April, so i can choose what i want..
Never really specc'd a proper car, the only cars i've bought brand new are a couple of renault clios and a ford fiesta.. not much to spec on them really.

This Audi dealer is unbelievable, he rang me earlier to take a deposit for the RS4 which he still didn't take (said don't worry for now), and he said, come on Kam, where do we need to be for a deal on the S4 and the RS4, i said well give me £34k come buy back time on the S4 then we will talk more about it. He said i will get the sales manager to call you tommorow..

Makes me think maybe i did in fact make them sweat a bit when i didn't call back that day.. and appears im not actually that bothered!
Lets see what he says tommorow. Already got £42k for the RRS, full tank fuel and 12 months tax on the S4 and my plate transfer and tracker account transfer fee built in to the price.
Just need them to pay for my £600 hike in insurance and some more of the depreciation.. might ask him for a fuel card!!
Either way im happy, RRS or S4... for the spring/early summer.

Well excited about specing the RS4 though, not sure about that Blue colour of just to stick to more normal Black/Silver colour.. need to get a full range brochure i think and have some late night reading to get me in the mood properly! The S4 and my RRS are black, so im thinking something different may be in order. Bright Yellow may be too brash though??

Oh and another thing, was checking on tesco site whether they will in fact insure me on the RS4 come June time, and the only car i could think of was the RS6 to compare it with, and get this, its the same to be insured on the S4 and the RS6.. how the hell does that work? Both £1300 with NCB protection and guaranteed hire car!

Post #10870 Fri Jan 20 2006 12:25am
MDP

United Kingdom 

So its looking good then KAM , I would go for a Misano Red RS4. Have you downloaded a full brochure/spec off the Audi website yet?

http://www.audi.co.uk/downloads/RS_4_Price_List.pdf

My spec would be

Misano Red RS4 £49,980.00
Technology Pack ( dvd based sat-nav + 6xcd+adaptve lights) £2,295.00
GSM Mobile ( in armrest ) £540.00
Heated seats £200.00
Rear side air bags £300.00

GRAND TOTAL COST £53,315.00  

Post #10887 Fri Jan 20 2006 10:49am
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

That red does look the best on RS cars. However, red cars do attract bored plods playing snooker. Many moons ago, I had a red 5 series and ran into the same cop on a weekly basis who seemed to think it was fun to stop someone in their early 20s driving a decent car. My brother says this still goes on amongst the beat cops - the traffic division think they are a cut above them though Wink 

Post #10892 Fri Jan 20 2006 11:15am
kam100

United Kingdom 
RS4 Ordered!

Finnally did it, took the plunge and told this Audi garage im not interested in their deal, after making some more enquiries this morning, i found out that a relatively local Audi garage could also get me an RS4 for around the same time, so decided to order through them.

Went in with my brother in law, and to my amazement he turned round and said sod it, i'll order one too! he has an A4 3.0 Quattro and V64motion Golf right now. So when the salesman received the go ahead to order 2 RS4's he thought it was christmas all over again. He said he will do all he can to bump us up the allocation line, and will underwrite the Partex's now for the Delivery date. Have stuck down £500 deposit down now, and they need another for when we put down full spec.

Have been like a little kid going through the brochure and spec lists, although the RS4 has quite a good spec, but being £50k i think it should have Sat nav at least!? But its the performance im buying into, not the technology...

Am thinking..
RS4 Manual 6 Sp : £49980
Sprint Blue
Black Leather with Piano Black trim
Tech Pack, (DVD Sat Nav, 6CD, Adaptive Xenons) : £2295.00
Front Centre Armrest : £0.00
Auto Boot Opener : £30.00
Tracker Retrieve : £299.00
GSM Phone on dash (not in armrest as u loose the Lambo style steering wheel then, as u need multifunctional wheel) : £400.00

Total: £53004.00

Only thing im not sure about is the colour, my brother in law is having Phantom black, and said i should have the same, but i don't want the same spec as him also.

Plus going to have to find a fantastic finance broker to get me this car for not much more a month then i pay now.

Post #11015 Sat Jan 21 2006 11:38pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Nice one Kam - just let me know when you get it , I would love to see it & think the spec sounds great. Still prefer the Misano red - have they told you when the Audi website will be updated to incorporate - "build your RS4" ? 

Post #11055 Sun Jan 22 2006 11:03pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Kam - looks like I won't be breaking your legs in the near future! or getting any new grills. Confused Confused 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #11061 Sun Jan 22 2006 11:41pm
kam100

United Kingdom 
Haha..

Thanks guys..
haha.. VA.. funnily enough when we were sitting there in the showroom grinning like cheshire cats waiting for the salesman to return.. it actually crossed my mind that i was letting you down a bit on the grills!!

If you can wait till June they are still yours, i made sure i didn't mention them when i was giving him my part ex spec, told him it was standard HSE with the usual bits plus my extras.. no mention of any grills etc.
Plus if i did give the RRS to them wearing the SC grills, what the hell would i do with my standard HSE grills in the garage, i know they would end up in the skip in about 5 years down the line!

Post #11129 Mon Jan 23 2006 4:36pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 
Re: RS4 Ordered!

kam100 wrote:
GSM Phone on dash (not in armrest as u loose the Lambo style steering wheel then, as u need multifunctional wheel) :

Very nice, Kam Cool So what's the deal with the "lambo style steering wheel"? Or am I just being lazy by not looking on the Audi site? 

Post #11134 Mon Jan 23 2006 4:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 6 <123456>