RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > How does this appear as a deal??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456

ST

Best phone kit I have had in a car was in the 3.0 Z4. This kit has now found it's way into the 5 and the 7 (not sure about the 3). Full bluetooth with download of the phonebook and then full functionality through the SatNav. It is the same set up that is in the RR........as you say, many manufacturers seem to be way behind BM on the phone technology front. You would think in this day and age it would be the norm - especialy as BM have been doing it for nigh on 3 years.

And after all, they can not claim high development costs, it is just software that has already been written!!! Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #12792 Fri Feb 10 2006 9:22pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Phone systems are certainly very good in the Bmw models.
My last two 3 series had bluetooth phone intergration which worked similar to what we are used to in the RRS, but the phone book uploaded into the sat nav, quite a useful function to dial numbers and recall last callers etc, plus it had the damn time in the corner and on the dash which as mentioned many times on here is annoying when on the phone and wanting to discuss times etc.

My dads 7 series as photo'd in that gatso speed camera thread, is a 2002 735 Se and came with a GSM phone as standard, annoying thing is, you have to actually insert a sim car into the car to make it work, uploads everything onto the i-drive but still is annoying seeing as though most mobile companies won't send out duplicate sims for contracts, therefore we have seperate number/line operating in that car, or use phone diverts etc to make it operational to get hold of my pops when he's on the road. Good thing about it is there is the function to take the cordless phone off the bracket which is in a drawer in the dashboard and hand it to the passengers etc to keep conversations private. This has come in useful now and again.. i hate it when i have someone on speaker and have like my mum or someone in the car listening to everything we are saying..
I think in the newer versions they have bluetooth connection from your phone and the cordless phone system built in which makes the best of both worlds, and the best thing is on the 7's SE models and sport models this is standard kit.. better then Merc where you have to pay for near damn everything on the s class.

Post #12794 Fri Feb 10 2006 10:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456