RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > How does this appear as a deal??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

MDP

United Kingdom 

In the words of BALDRICK - You Lucky Lucky ......................... Wink

Sounds great Kam - I just dare not go anywhere near an Audi dealership ( esp Listers ) in fear of temptation and my wife is itching to go in and order herself the new TT - but when we do go over I will make sure it's in the RRS - simply to show why I left the marque.

Idea maybe I can persuade my wife to order the RS4 Shocked but then I'll never get her out of those seats that hug & grip you firmly when cornering Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #11821 Tue Jan 31 2006 3:26pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

New TT, whens that out then, u got any spy pics?

My brother in law has also ordered the RS4 for the same delivery time, and has just placed an order for the M3 as well for next year. We reckon we will be looking for M5's after that, but im thinking more along the lines of an RRS s'charged or the DV8 by then hopefully. Don't go into a dealership anytime soon mate.. apparently Audi are knocking out dealer show pieces for the RS4 right now and they are set to be arriving soon, so you will definitely be more then tempted when you see it im guessing.

Post #11823 Tue Jan 31 2006 3:35pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I think this is it. I had a TT before the RRS - a bit dated now so a new model is long overdue. I doubt I'll buy one though with my ever expanding family.

2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #11824 Tue Jan 31 2006 3:38pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Congrats Kam - looks a blinder mate! I take it the Daytona Grey you've ordered is one of the cars in that line up in the rs6.com video? I'd have to wait for the Avant personally, but the saloon looks a hoot and sounds amazing!! Cool 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #11825 Tue Jan 31 2006 3:44pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Wow that TT looks good.. better then that hathback thingy the press were exclaiming to be the next TT!!

Thanks Schmoogle, yeah im 90% sure its that colour in the lineup of the first clip, went off the blue from that clip, and red although it looks great especially on the RS/S audi cars, is too loud for me (and where i work!! its a proper hood!) . It has to be that Grey because they are only doing the one grey. Plus i think the black trim for the grill and chrome work will look best on that grey.

Post #11827 Tue Jan 31 2006 3:53pm
MDP

United Kingdom 
NEW TT PICS

[img]http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/3060000000056648.JPG?0.563889474792356[/img]

Cant find a pic I saw recently of the new instument binacle that had a great sat-nav screen between speedo/rev counter - it was in 3D and had a pic of mini TT on the road Cool 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #11830 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:05pm
PaulB

England 

Nice one Kam.
I had an RS6 in Daytona Grey, but I went for the Silver Grey interior. Looked stunning.
I also had an RS4 in black with Silver Grey leather and that also had the Balck Optic Pack....very stealth Twisted Evil
I think you might lose the alloy mirrors if you have the Optic Pack, I certainly did on my RS4. They were body coloured i.e. Black.
I hope you've got a clean licence, you're going to need it Wink You can clock up points very, very quickly.
Cheers,
Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #11831 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:14pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

They obviously haven't messed with it too much. The new Audi front grille and a smoother roofline by the looks of things... that front-quarter shot makes it look like a Merc CL... 

Post #11832 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:14pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

PaulB wrote:
Nice one Kam.
I had an RS6 in Daytona Grey, but I went for the Silver Grey interior. Looked stunning.
I also had an RS4 in black with Silver Grey leather and that also had the Balck Optic Pack....very stealth Twisted Evil
I think you might lose the alloy mirrors if you have the Optic Pack, I certainly did on my RS4. They were body coloured i.e. Black.
I hope you've got a clean licence, you're going to need it Wink You can clock up points very, very quickly.
Cheers,
Paul

I bloody hope it doesn't loose the silver wing mirrors, will not be impressed if it does.. Will reject the car, yes will really get that upset by it, and will kick up an almighty fuss.

Black optic pack only refers to front grill surround, side window surrounds and rear boot lid trim, me and the sales guy went through every brochure we had of the RS4 in their differing details etc, and all said the same about the optic pack, we both agreed the mirrors being in body colour was not worth the cost option of loosing the chrome side mirrors.

I have three points, which nowadays is considered clean right?
Will need to buy a road angel and find a private air strip to use! (if anyone has either of these going spare, get in touch!)

My brother in law had 12 points, and went to court but was granted use of his license as he is a GP, but still has 9 now so his insurance is a joke on his so he's working on alternatives right now..

Post #11834 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:23pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

oh and the other thing which is crap for the RS4 is, if you want to keep the racing RS4 bucket seats with the electric air side bolsters, the choice is black valcona leather or cloth. No other colour combos, if you choose another colour, silver nappa for example, the seats are downgraded to the normal S4 seats, which are nice don't get me wrong but you lose the air bolsters which is a unique feature to the Rs4 (and M5 where they have ripped the idea off from).

Last edited by kam100 on Tue Jan 31 2006 4:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11835 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:26pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
My brother in law had 12 points, and went to court but was granted use of his license as he is a GP, but still has 9 now so his insurance is a joke on his so he's working on alternatives right now..

Looks like he needs a smart car. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #11836 Tue Jan 31 2006 4:26pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

PaulB wrote:

Too right, especially if you're going to go from the RS4 to the new M3! My M3 got me from 0 to 6 points in a very short time! Embarassed That's one of the reasons why the RRS is good for me - it's not going to get me disqualified any time soon (well, unless I get snapped on major A roads or motorways when it's difficult to keep to 70). If I keep it for a couple of years, my license will nearly be clean again. Then I can go and buy an M5 (or maybe the RS4 Avant, who knows?) and build up another set Wink 

Post #11840 Tue Jan 31 2006 5:02pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Paul B, you've got me worried now..
Ive emailed Audi customer services demanding an answer, have told my salesman that he better be careful what he is saying and to make sure and have posted on rs246.com as well to make sure..
Buying an S /RS car and paying all that dough for the privilege in my opinion, and getting a car without the hallmark trim will be as it it has come without the engine! i will really go mad and am getting quite heated thinking about it now..

Post #11845 Tue Jan 31 2006 5:06pm
PaulB

England 

Sorry Kam, didn't mean to get you heated.
I initally felt the same as you and I didn't notice until a little while later that the morrors weren't alloy. But once I'd got used to it, I actually preferred them in black. When I saw other RS4's, I felt they looks just a little bit tacky.
But you need to satisfy yourself that you'll still have them with the Optic Pack.

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #11850 Tue Jan 31 2006 6:30pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

am getting a little annoyed with the audi salesman and audi in general as the speccing brochure is so stupid for the RS4, so many things are there to catch you out.

Just some examples:
If you have GSM car kit in armrest, u loose the lambo steering wheel.
If you choose any colour but black, you loose the RS4 seats and the Air bolster things.
If you choose Optics pack, you loose mirrors???

although all changes are noted in the brochure, it doesn't say anything about loosing mirrors in any literature. Even Audi themselves don't seem to know.. come on how hard is it!? either they are or they aren't.. i am running out of time my order can be changed, and i have a feeling Audi might tell me to stick it up my arse when the car comes and i demand the alloy mirrors. How much did they cost to replace MDP again on your old S4? £600 was it!?

Post #11851 Tue Jan 31 2006 6:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>