RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > How does this appear as a deal??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

PaulB

England 

kam100 wrote:
If you choose any colour but black, you loose the RS4 seats and the Air bolster things.

That can't be right, surely ? Confused

What bearing does the body colour have on the type of seats you have. Also, all the road tests I have seen have been on red cars and they have all had the "special" seats. Doesn't make sense.

Sorry, my mistake, it makes Audi sense Confused Confused

Customer service has never been an Audi strong point, unfortunately.

Paul RRS TDV8 - Stornoway Grey, Irory Leather with Dark Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Tow Pack.
1967 Cobra 427 S/C
1951 Vincent Comet
2001 Harley Davidson Fat Boy

Post #11855 Tue Jan 31 2006 7:24pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

No sorry Paul, i meant if you choose any colour but black for the interior leather colour you can't have the RS4 bucket seats.
They appear to have only made the seats for the RS4 in either black valcona leather or black and red cloth trim. Not the worst it could have been, but still be good to get a contrasting interior trim to the xterior. If you choose any other colour, silver silk nappa for example you get bumped down to the standard S4 recaro seats. Not bad in themselves but loosing them air bolsters would surely make a dent on the residuals come sale time.

Post #11873 Wed Feb 01 2006 2:30am
MDP

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
i am running out of time my order can be changed, and i have a feeling Audi might tell me to stick it up my arse when the car comes and i demand the alloy mirrors. How much did they cost to replace MDP again on your old S4? £600 was it!?

Yes thats right Kam the replacement alluminium wing mirrors( having been nicked) cost me £600

Although the mirrors on the new RS4 are completely different , they have the 2 arms and look as though they are a complete unit as opposed to the S4 ones which come as an aluminium cover & will fit all A4's Crying or Very sad

I would check with Audi re this as if it was me I would def want the full monty ie. aluminium race style ( again like old M3 mirrors ) wing mirrors.

So it may be that these style are more difficult to remove ( rip off ) from the car ? But the aluminium ones are always a thieves target - but they do look better Very Happy

cheers

Martin 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #11890 Wed Feb 01 2006 11:13am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Got a phonecall earlier this morning from both Audi customer services and my salesman, and they confirmed that the new optics pack on the RS4 comes as stated and the mirrors all come chrome as standard. If you want body coloured ones they would charge me even more money for them!

Thats a good thing then, emergency over, salesman also confirmed via email copying in his manager, so they will be at complete fault if the car comes and this isn't the case.

Renewed my insurance today for the RRS, £680 for the year, and direct line who wouldn't quote me on the RS4 online, i asked the lad on the phone to get me a quote for June and see what their underwriters said. Yes being under 25 they first refused, then he went away asked his underwriters and he came back and said, yeah mate give us another £380 in June and we'll cover you so long as you have at least a tracker monitor. Result.. Cheapest quote i had got was £1200 from Tesco, so is even better then first thought.

Post #11930 Wed Feb 01 2006 5:02pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

All in all ---- looking good then KAM, just need the car now, so its back to that waiting game Sad 

Post #11932 Wed Feb 01 2006 5:05pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

yep.. now i know what it was like for you guys and what it is like for some of the guys still waiting for the RRS..
Although now all the 'issues' are sorted, i just want to forget about it till i get that phonecall that it is being built.

RS4's apparently finished RHD manufacture yesterday for the 2006 run, but their are so many rumours and no one knows the truth. Avant release date is another farce, some dealers say july 2006, but most are saying not till 2007. They don't even know when their demos are arriving, my dealer had actually made a gap for it in their showroom on friday expecting it to appear, and it didn't. They then got told on monday that Audi UK have halted all demos and show pieces till a uniform strict date of March 1st. Noone will get to touch one before then. Ones being driven around the country now are LHD or RHD Audi uk cars being taken round for training sessions for the salesmen/ladies around the UK. All in all what a load of Censored .. is a car launch really that hard? guess when you have loads of people involved you get this kind of thing happening. Chinese whispers and all that.

Post #11936 Wed Feb 01 2006 5:16pm
kam100

United Kingdom 
Cars are starting to roll in..

This is killing me already, never had to wait longer then two weeks for a car before, the banter is really starting to kick up on rs246.com about these, and it seems the books are now full for 2006 allocation, so residuals should remain strong for a bit.. check out these pics, looking like an amazing car...

Rumour has it, limiter doesn't kick in when in 5th gear, therefore top speed has already been recorded at 178mph! looks like trip to nurburing and german autobahns are in order!

MDP it looks like the whole mirror are one piece chrome, not just caps, so shouldn't be as much of a problem, however am sure if they got nicked would still cost an arm and a leg. Apparently they don't fold, if you hit them they are designed to fall off and come away! great design feature.. NOT..

Post #12649 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:22pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Sorry Kam - not for me, it looks like every other Audi - sorry! Sad 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12650 Thu Feb 09 2006 4:25pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Kam, pay no attention to VA, he is wrong and doesn't have a clue Wink I think it looks great and I'm now quite jealous. Very nice... I quite fancy a blast in one. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #12660 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:00pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Nice one Kam - which dealer did you visit to get these pics ?

Also - you will need one of these to go with the new car Wink

Available on ebay through stafford audi

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-RS4-soft-shell-...dZViewItem 

Post #12661 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:02pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Looks a bit chavvy, that... Shocked 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #12663 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:04pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You'll blend in nicely with the carpet in that gear! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #12665 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:07pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
Kam, pay no attention to VA, he is wrong and doesn't have a clue Wink I think it looks great and I'm now quite jealous. Very nice... I quite fancy a blast in one.

Hehe.. well everyone is entitled to their own opinion..
RS4 looks like a normal Audi, thats some of the attraction of the car, it is a monster in disguise, stealth.. but mine being in deytona grey with the black'd out grill and other bling bits will hopefully look different from the rest, 4.2 V8 with 420bhp, it will certainly not sound like a notmal 1.8T SLine anyway... Will definitely need that keyring.. not sure about the jacket though mind.. chavvy look in my opinion too.. but thanks for posting the pics..

I didn't actually visit a dealer to get these pics, these are various pics from around the country off the RS246 forum, the smaller pics (anyone know why some come out like that!?) are from cardiff audi and we have a few actual dealers on the rs246 forum and the other car is one guy taking snaps of their demo. My dealer is still awaiting theirs, seems to be no logic in delivery timetable, i.e. completely random from what it looks like.

Post #12676 Thu Feb 09 2006 5:48pm
ST

Kam,

Just been reading this thread. On the subject of the GSM phone (don't we love talking about phones on here!)

I had the dash mounted phone in my S4 (pics of the car in my gallery, will post interior pics including phone tonight) I absolutely hated it. It ruins the line of the dash and you had to dial / recieve etc off the handset - the look is personal preference however dialing is another matter all together - it gets mounted on the opposite side of the centre console making it almost impossible to search for a number and dial safely. I would check out the spec for the RS i.e. does the dash mounted phone run through the SatNav screen. I imagine that the armrest mounted phone would run through the SatNav for obvious reasons.......

I understand why you don't want to loose the standard steering wheel however the wheel you could live and will get used to v quickly where as if the phone is the same set up as the S4 you will be seriously cheesed off with it.

You have picked the right colour - mine was Dolphin Grey.....loved it to bits. The only car I prefered the look of was the Silver Avant with privacy glass.

I have had a string of fast Audi's, the S4 being my favourite - not as on the edge as the others but very easy to live with day to day. If as reported the handling now matches / better the M3 then this will be the car to have come the summer.

My fast Audi days are however over Wink big, cool and comfy is 'so' next year Laughing Laughing Laughing Currently: Carbon Black 535d
RIP: RRSTDV6 HSE & DISCO3 HSE

Post #12754 Fri Feb 10 2006 3:23pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yes this was a very big dillema when ordering, at one stage i was going to do this, but then with the prospect of loosing the S function off the steering wheel (blows up air in the front seat, makes the engine note louder and increases the throttle response speed etc) the steering wheel is a definate must have as well as the RS4 seats.

Im keeping the RS4 until mayish 2007 when the E90 M3 is expected to arrive, it is for this reason my spec list has been dictated to a degree in keeping the car as 'normal' as possible and have all the right toys etc that someone buying an RS4 will 'HAVE TO' have on a used example.
Hence i chose the colour which was the nicest but not as loud and brash as say the Red/Sprint Blue. Also added the optics pack hoping that my car will be differentiated against other used examples come resale time.

I don't like where the phone is going to be situated and think Audi are a bit behind on the bluetooth in car technology to say Bmw who have had it functioning for ages, but this is something i will have to live with. Im not sure if the phone will work through the sat nav screen, but bloody hope so!

I tend to work my phone now, via dialing off the keypad as i haven't bothered to get a cradle for the RRS, so this will be the same for me in the RS4 and suppose i will have to get used to the setup. Won't be for that long though until the M3 arrives and there i hope the bluetooth will be even better then it was in the E46's.

Post #12760 Fri Feb 10 2006 4:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>