RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Can't decide, RRS or Disco 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The Disco's getting a fair bit of unjustified stick by the sounds of it. If you've got 3 kids or more then the Disco makes more sense. You have a people carrier, 4x4 and luxury vehicle rolled into one. You can spread the kids out so they don't get under each others skin and turning the vehicle into a madhouse during a trip. The handling and wallowing is irrelevant as you're hardly likely to welly it down country roads with the tribe on board. (By the way it's nowhere near as bad as some on here are making out to be).

I've had both; whilst the family was growing the Disco was unrivalled. I drive a RRS now that circumstances allow it.

It's all about opinions I guess!

Post #505950 Tue Sep 20 2016 7:54pm
CornishRob

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

For me, with two adult sized children, the RRS is easily big enough. But the deciding factor was that the RRS didn't wallow around the bends when loaded like the D3/4 did, so I didn't get the kids feeling sick as soon as we left the motorway. Thumbs Up

Post #506670 Thu Sep 29 2016 1:13pm
foxtrotzulu

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I think some here are a little unfair on the Disco. My wife has a D3 and I have a RRS. Apart from the RRs being a bit more luxurious they are basically the same car. The Disco looks a bit more rugged while the RRs looks a lot more chavvy. Take your pick. I'd say the Disco is more at home in the country while the RRS is definitely more urban.

IMO there is one very good reason to go for the Disco. It has a drop down tailgate and hence a picnic table. Perfect for lunch/drinks at the races or point to point, fun for the kids to ride on (slowly across the fields).

Post #506672 Thu Sep 29 2016 1:42pm
Farmer Chalk

In the very lucky position to have both..... in your position there is no contest...the D4 is far more practical as a family car than the RRS... ignore what others are saying on here... it is supremely comfortable, very long legged and brilliantly designed machine...
I had a D4 from new and did 60,000 fault free miles in two years... then upgraded to a new RRS which is brilliant for me and the wife to go away for the weekend in but pretty useless to take the family anywhere in...

The sloping tailback compromises the load space significantly, the seating is nowhere as practical etc etc...

If we travel as a family anywhere for a weekend then we get out the trusty G4 D3... swallows everything up brilliantly.... travelled to France last year with six adults and their luggage and it was a superb and confortable journey!

I also predict it will hold its money better over the duration of ownership.... try and stretch to an 8 speed D4 as it is an infinitely better car...

Post #506743 Fri Sep 30 2016 7:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12