RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Can't decide, RRS or Disco 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Concept

Can't decide, RRS or Disco 4

Looking for a replacement for our Q7 which sold a few weeks back, and keep coming back to these.

Budget of up to £20k, so just in to Disco 4 HSE and facelift RRS.

We have a 2 & 4 year old, but love the bigger cars with room to ferry us about in comfort.

My brother thinks the Disco is the ultimate family car, but I struggle with its looks.

Not having seen them side by side, is there a huge difference inside space wise?

Post #505746 Sun Sep 18 2016 11:00am
Lost for Words

United Kingdom 

D4 every time, but then I'm biased. Wink

The Disco is built as a functional, practical vehicle with no-nonsense looks to match and I love that. There is a big space difference with the RRS which is not really built to be roomy. Thumbs Up Visiting from DISCO3.CO.UK
2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto HSE Zambezi Silver

Post #505752 Sun Sep 18 2016 11:29am
J2D

United Kingdom 

This is a no-brainer in my eyes!!! Owning a 2011 plate RRS, and having a 16 plate disco as a courtesy vehicle (which on its own says enough! 😆😆) the disco doesn't get near the RRS for comfort, looks and all round presence! There wasn't one thing I preferred about the disco other than the 7 seats opinion

Post #505787 Sun Sep 18 2016 7:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

And basically the L320 RRS1 and Disco4 are the same car under the bodywork.................. But the D4 has the volume of a Pickfords truck and 7 seats 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #505788 Sun Sep 18 2016 8:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

I thought the RRS1 and D3 were the same car.

Disco is longer with bigger boot.
RRS has a nicer dash

If you like the RRS then get one.

or view them both

Post #505792 Sun Sep 18 2016 8:51pm
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

The Disco is like driving a cave on wheels. Brilliant for loading up the kids (I had 4) plus you can chuck in everything else including the kitchen sink. When the kids have flown the nest you are then able to "downsize" to a RRS!

Big family=Disco, small family or no kids=RRS. Simple decision.

Post #505795 Sun Sep 18 2016 9:33pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you want/need the best flexibility and family oriented vehicle, the D4 is the only choice. The RRS is a slightly more selfish choice as it focuses more on the driver than the D4. D4 is an excellent drive, no doubt, but the RRS is probably a bit more driver oriented. D4 knocks the RRS in to the weeds for room inside.

I'm thinking D4 when my RRS finally goes. I want the flexibility and the ease of being able to get off road bits for it. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #505796 Sun Sep 18 2016 9:39pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I have and prefer the RRS, tried the RRS, FFRR and Disco before purchasing, the Sport has everything you need (depending on model and extras packs) but for me it is the nicest looking and most comfortable.
Each will have their own preferences, do try them all, but remember what you will be using it god and foes it have all you need. Wink
Depending on budget if RRS get the 2011-13 model. The leather is far superior, finish generally.
If you have the money for the latest version from 2013 ensure everything is right and working. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #505808 Mon Sep 19 2016 2:12am
SRE

Spain 

RR Sport every time Bow down Thumbs Up

Disco 4
Good if your into tarmacking drives
Like the Transit van looks
Enjoy wallowing around bends
Does not handle anything like the Sport. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #505821 Mon Sep 19 2016 8:57am
HS66

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

That's a hard decision really, for me it would be the RRS but if you've got kids or need the space the D4 is going to be better.
Have you considered a FFRR?, more room inside than the RRS, although less than the Disco and a nicer interior than either, not to mention (you'd probably have to stretch your budget to £22k ish for a good one) that lovely 4.4 TDV8 and 8 speed gearbox.

Post #505870 Mon Sep 19 2016 9:06pm
Thehos

United Kingdom 

Almost the same boat for me, I looked at the discos, but the rrs is what I'm after, but probably a little short of £££ for a facelift, so a tdv8 is what I'm after

Post #505876 Mon Sep 19 2016 10:16pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 
Re: Can't decide, RRS or Disco 4

Concept wrote:
We have a 2 & 4 year old, but love the bigger cars with room to ferry us about in comfort.

Both RRS & Disco meet the comfort requirement.

Concept wrote:
My brother thinks the Disco is the ultimate family car, but I struggle with its looks.

Your brother is right. If family is all you're considering and can live with the wallowy ride, go for Disco. If you want driving enjoyment as well and (like me) are willing to compromise some practicality for it, get an RRS. Liking or disliking the looks is a personal thing so no one can help you there. I also much prefer the looks of RRS over Disco by the way.

Concept wrote:
Not having seen them side by side, is there a huge difference inside space wise?

Yes. Particularly the boot space difference is quite substantial. Even with the 3rd row seats up, there is still some room left, more than Q7 or X5 if I remember correctly from my test drives of both. Also, the 3rd row seats are proper adult seats, comfortable for long journeys.

As others have said, they are the same car underneath. You just need to weigh up the pros and cons based on your circumstances and priorities. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #505881 Mon Sep 19 2016 10:47pm
alpaca

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Zambezi Silver

Yes - rrs looks, well , a bit less
Boxy and sporting - but performance and economy wise there is not much difference. Disco is easier to modify for off road if you plan to do that - and had more room. I went for
Rrs - but know plenty of happy disco owners ...

Post #505892 Tue Sep 20 2016 4:48am
Stecla

England 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have 3 kids and the rrs is more than enough for our needs. Boot good for a 2 week holiday for all of us too. Both are good cars though, so is more of a choice on looks and what you think you need.

If your budget is 20k Ish, make sure you have an extra couple of quid tucked away for repairs or invest a couple of grand in a decent waranty for a couple of years. I have a similar age car to which you'll be looking at and they do start to need some work done (esp if they have led an active life previously). 2010 TDV8

Post #505894 Tue Sep 20 2016 7:07am
J2D

United Kingdom 

SRE wrote:
RR Sport every time Bow down Thumbs Up

Disco 4
Good if your into tarmacking drives
Like the Transit van looks
Enjoy wallowing around bends
Does not handle anything like the Sport.

Laughing so true!

Post #505947 Tue Sep 20 2016 7:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>