RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2016.5 MY Changes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

rigiver

Scotland 
In Control Touch Pro

Can someone enlighten me as to what "In Control Touch Pro" brings or does. I have in control on my hose but not the apps.

Cheers

Ian

Post #486841 Sun Feb 07 2016 2:52pm
Autobiography

It is the all-new infotainment system with vastly improved processing power and integration with the TFT instrument cluster. It is currently on the Jaguar XJ.

Post #486842 Sun Feb 07 2016 2:57pm
Netsters

England 

Click image to enlarge

Dealer in Battersea had the new convertible Evoque in on Friday. It has the new wider display screen. Wish they would stop giving the Evoque the new bits and pieces first!

I notice that the price of the spec MY16 Autobiography I got in November has now gone up, and they have changed the wheels you get with the stealth pack from the 22 inch 508's to another set, and you have toy add another £1500 to the get the 508's

Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #486944 Mon Feb 08 2016 6:50pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

They let the Evoque customers find most of the bugs before RRS gets new kit, that's why. I had one of the very first cars to have InControl Anything................... it didn't work on delivery, nada, zippo, zilch. I had an app on my phone that couldn't speak to the car (it was an Evoque Big Cry ) but after a very disparaging post on a forum LR sent a tech from Warwick all the way to the sticks in Scotland for a 10 minute fix............. It turned out not to be anything on the car or my phone, it was at the monitoring centre in Warwick, then they discontinued that version 3 weeks later and cars with the original setup couldn't be upgraded to the second attempt! Think yourself lucky that another car in the range gets the serious issues a year bfore before RRS and FFRR gets the same kit without most of the bugs. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #486945 Mon Feb 08 2016 7:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Autobiography

Funny thing is that the Evoque you've photographed is having a 'demo' played (hence the American location).

There are rumoured to be some serious implementations with InControl Touch Po.

Post #486949 Mon Feb 08 2016 8:19pm
Mark_N

United Kingdom 

You have to wonder at this new "Nerve Centre" intended to address issues found in the new infotainment system. It sounds like a tacit admission there will be lots of bugs reported and the hit team is there to stamp them out as quickly as possible. They might have thought to test the software properly first.

After all, the flight control system of an Airbus is not put into the field waiting for dead passengers to complain. True, this is not a life-critical system, aside perhaps from raising the blood pressure of the frustrated users, but it does seem strange to use the customers so overtly as a beta test team.

That new display in the Evoque is certainly large and a strange aspect ratio. It's going to be quite a stretch to read and reach the touch screen on the far side from the driver. Mark

SVR in Estoril Blue Thumbs Up

Post #486970 Tue Feb 09 2016 7:58am
malcolmw

United Kingdom 

The more that computer engineers are employed in the automotive industry, the more prevalent will become the "let's release the product now and fix it later with updates" mentality. This is inconvenient with IT equipment but potentially lethal with vehicles.

For cars, it is essential to test software like the aerospace industry does to ensure it actually works but this attitude does not seem to extend to consumer products.

IMO they need to keep the driving interface simple and ditch some of the so called advanced features. Then they might be able to test them properly. For example, are automatically dipping headlights really necessary? Regards

Malcolm

Post #486977 Tue Feb 09 2016 10:30am
Autobiography

There are no changes of significance for 16.5MY. Had it confirmed. Just a price increase and very minor spec changes.

Post #487130 Thu Feb 11 2016 6:24am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Any idea what spec changes? 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #487140 Thu Feb 11 2016 8:27am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Netsters wrote:
Click image to enlarge

Dealer in Battersea had the new convertible Evoque in on Friday. It has the new wider display screen. Wish they would stop giving the Evoque the new bits and pieces first!

I notice that the price of the spec MY16 Autobiography I got in November has now gone up, and they have changed the wheels you get with the stealth pack from the 22 inch 508's to another set, and you have toy add another £1500 to the get the 508's

Liking the look of the new wider screen. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #487141 Thu Feb 11 2016 8:29am
Autobiography

Something to do with Pimento and Tan colourway changes.

Post #487142 Thu Feb 11 2016 8:34am
pw1

England 

I now have a build date of 12/4/2016, although the dealer claims the date may well come forward. What have other people with MY2016.5 been told?

I also have been told very little changes, except the price increase - just glad I got in before!! Just arrived: Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, black contrast panoramic roof, red brembos.
Gone but not forgotten:
Land Rover Discovery 4 XS 2011
Land Rover Discovery 3 XS 2008
Land Rover Discovery 3 XS 2006
Land Rover Defender X-Tech 2004

Post #487185 Thu Feb 11 2016 7:17pm
Cantona

United Kingdom 

5weeks Cool

Post #487189 Thu Feb 11 2016 7:41pm
pw1

England 

Very jealous you don't have long to wait Cantona, when did you order your 16.5MY?

Cant wait to get my hands on the new vehicle, I think a road trip could be coming!!!! Just arrived: Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic, black contrast panoramic roof, red brembos.
Gone but not forgotten:
Land Rover Discovery 4 XS 2011
Land Rover Discovery 3 XS 2008
Land Rover Discovery 3 XS 2006
Land Rover Defender X-Tech 2004

Post #487193 Thu Feb 11 2016 8:16pm
MAC

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I am getting confused about MY16.5. I am about to order an Autobiography and gave my dealer the go ahead on 1st Feb. After a few days he came back and said it was not possible to place an order for MY16.5 until Feb 8th and would confirm then. I am still waiting to get confirmation. Is this a ruse to get me to pay the increased price??

Any thoughts?

Post #487226 Fri Feb 12 2016 8:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>