RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Do you want the good news or the bad!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 13 <123 ... 789 ... 111213>

jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Come on Land Rover.........I'm sure that some one at Head Office checks out the various forums to see what folk are saying about your product.........lets have some action with regards to the problems stated here.

OVER 5000 views of the thread, each one a potential customer who may go elsewhere due to lack of Land Rover care to their customers.

It simply doesn't make sense? Rolling Eyes

Jim

Post #351226 Fri Jul 20 2012 1:36pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Steuart64 - sorry to hear you are in the same boat Sad

Do you have any contact details as I also need to escalate this Bow down Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #351227 Fri Jul 20 2012 1:42pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ady 555 wrote:
^^^+1, i have no complaints with my MY12 either,

+1 more - the vehicle it should have been on day 1 Thumbs Up

Post #351229 Fri Jul 20 2012 1:58pm
jim4244

Hi All

See below the reply from Land Rover to my earlier e mail to them -

Thank you for your email, I can understand your reasons for contacting Land Rover requesting reassurance.

As you quite rightly state, I am unable to discuss individual cases, however, as I am sure you will agree, accidents can and do happen, and I am sure that the personnel within the dealership concerned are unreservedly apologetic that this has happened and have reassured the owner involved that it is an isolated incident. As I understand it from looking at the forum, the dealership have taken ownership of the situation and are doing everything they can to bring about a satisfactory resolution.

Your comments regarding Land Rover Customer Care have been noted. We pride ourselves on giving excellent customer service and I would like to assure you that your comments have been taken seriously and passed on to our management team for their review.

It is very disappointing to learn that you may leave the Land Rover brand because of this incident, I sincerely hope that this will not be the case and should you require any further reassurance please do not hesitate to contact me - I will endeavour to assist where possible.

Yours sincerely

Sue Beesley
Senior Customer Relations Executive
Land Rover UK

Post #351245 Fri Jul 20 2012 3:53pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Thanks Jim Bow down

Looks as though they are taking notice if Nick joining the forum is anything to go off Thumbs Up

I was writing emails to which and whatcar when I got the new post notification and will wait to see if this is a serious offer or a token gesture to appease the forum before I send them Rolling Eyes

I hardly think the dealer is "doing everything they can to bring about a satisfactory resolution" by returning a car that doesn't work with shoddy repairs after 4 weeks in the workshop and not returning calls/emails promptly because they are busy or out of the office Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #351246 Fri Jul 20 2012 4:04pm
Kimmea

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

Steuart64 wrote:
LR need to look at their responses.
As some on here will know, i am ongoing with an issue where my RRS has been in for 32 days since January. LRCS offered me £250 in vouchers to buy LR branded goods!!!
Needless to say I declined that offer and now I'm in discussion with the executive management team courtesy of the MD of JLR UK, Mr Hicks.
Will keep the forum posted!

Town & Censored I presume ...???

Post #351278 Fri Jul 20 2012 7:18pm
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Kimmea you are right but I have to emphasise that my issue is not a dealer issue. T&C have been fantastic but they haven't been supported, so far, by JLR.
How can a dealer rectify a fault if the design house, the manufacturer and the JLR sales teams don't support them? Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #351279 Fri Jul 20 2012 7:22pm
Kimmea

Steuart64 wrote:
Kimmea you are right but I have to emphasise that my issue is not a dealer issue. T&C have been fantastic but they haven't been supported, so far, by JLR.
How can a dealer rectify a fault if the design house, the manufacturer and the JLR sales teams don't support them?

Seriously Did you just say T&C & fantastic in the same sentence ..?
Omg I need to lie down and catch my breath Confused

Post #351280 Fri Jul 20 2012 7:34pm
Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

I did. They tried everything LR asked them to, looked after me (courtesy cars etc) but if they aren't helped they can't fix.
They may not be perfect but they certainly haven't been the reason for let down of the brand. Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #351281 Fri Jul 20 2012 7:39pm
Kimmea

Steuart64 wrote:
I did. They tried everything LR asked them to, looked after me (courtesy cars etc) but if they aren't helped they can't fix.
They may not be perfect but they certainly haven't been the reason for let down of the brand.

I'll take that on board as its been 5 years and 265k spent in the group and never darkened their doors since my issue but I'll certainly re-consider using Pentland Edinburgh ....but their service is impeccable and customer service 1st class Very Happy

Post #351284 Fri Jul 20 2012 7:58pm
crookedm

I think when you love something you make exceptions as you want it to be the same in reality in your heart.

In this instance enough is enough I would write to major car publications and copy your letters to land rover head office. Maybe if you know of a Chinese forum for land rovers write about it there. Publish it in as many places. Also go on twitter and tweet to @rangerover they do pick complaints up there I know asi used it when the staff in Chester LR where beyond rude.

Post #351288 Fri Jul 20 2012 9:03pm
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

jim4244 wrote:
Nope MW......they are not exactly pushing the boat out for your are they?

I would have thought that a good will gesture would have have STARTED with 5K off the price of a new car???

Just my thoughts.
Jim

Jim, thats the starting discount off a new sport Whistle anyone who asks should get that, i got 7k off with rock solid bartering. Thumbs Up

Post #351294 Fri Jul 20 2012 9:42pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jim4244

Yeap Ady, I haggled just under the 6K mark off my HSE, which is why the offer of 2K is insulting. Especially when you look at the very poor level of customer care MW has received from both the dealership and Land Rover Customer Service.

I think that it shows that Land Rover is out of touch with its core customer base..............

Jim

Post #351327 Sat Jul 21 2012 4:35am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Hess wrote:
How do you know this Nick is actually working for Land Rover?

I don't see any direct contact details, phone numbers, email addresses
or anything else mentioned.

I could call myself Hess@LandRover and post the exact same things, couldn't I ?

I find it rather peculiar that someone from the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre
would start involving themselves on a public forum with customer complaints, issues, questions and
other posts.

First thing he/she wants to know when you contact is your:
- Full name
- E-mail address
- Vehicle registration and VIN/Chassis number.

I don't think it is wise to start sharing your Reg and Vin numbers
with someone claiming to be from Land Rover.

Car cloning anyone?

I'd be careful, not saying Nick is doing anything bad or illegal, but it would
be good to see some official details.

Never crossed my mind and already sent my details Shocked Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #351341 Sat Jul 21 2012 12:02pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

On reflection and comments received I have amended my post Embarassed

In 2000 I bought my first Lr after 2 years bad experience with a new Toyota landcruiser that was supposedly bomb proof compared to LR's Evil or Very Mad

Between 2000 and 2010 I owned 6 brilliant LR's and a mediocre Jag - all new or nearly new as my sig shows and kept max 2 years. I saw myself driving LR's until the day I died or bought an electric scooter - hopefully another 30+ years Laughing

In 2007 I found these forums and started sharing my experiences of Lr and reading other members posts Bow down

In 2010 I came into some money and bought a nearly new RRS - to me the holy grail of LR's Very Happy

It had missing wiring, defective paintwork, lit up like a Xmas tree regularly and kept losing power in dangerous situations like junctions and roundabouts but I put up with it because I had waited years for this car Sad

This year I decided thanks to the reliability of my wife's 5 year old FL1 I would keep my RRS until the new Model came out instead of changing like normal and treated my wife to a new mini Mr. Green

6 weeks ago I had to call out Lr assist to a power loss/multi warning light that nearly ended in a rta on a roundabout - 2 days later it happened again Rolling Eyes

On the 15th of June 2012 during a routine service stratstone Pickering lifted my RRS with the wrong equipment and it fell sideways against the pillars causing bodywork damage Shocked

I was assured it would be as good as new once repaired but I did not want a damage repaired vehicle and asked for a replacement Crying or Very sad

I spent 4 weeks stressed waiting for a deal/vehicle to be agreed culminating in the break down of the 2012 vogue courtesy car and return of my RRS temporarily while they sorted a deal/vehicle Confused

My vehicle was not repaired as good as new and broke down first night returned Evil or Very Mad

Lr assist came out and fixed it for second time in 5 weeks and it broke down again the day after Rolling Eyes

During the last 6 weeks I have had assurances from LRCS, service manager, dealer principal and Lr assist but so far seen none fulfilled Yawn

I have been put in a position where I need to sell my wife's new mini at a loss to free funds to replace my vehicle damaged by the dealer and poorly built by Lr at a loss Thud Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Last edited by muddywheels on Sun Jul 22 2012 1:43am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #351347 Sat Jul 21 2012 1:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 13 <123 ... 789 ... 111213>