RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Do you want the good news or the bad!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 13 <123 ... 10 111213>

muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Nearly 23k views across the forums Shocked

Some of the guys on Fullfat are saying no longer going to buy the new model L405 Embarassed

Unfortunately with 80% exports and 34% increase in profits I don't think they care anymore - already talk of production abroad for the international market and expect they will move it all to save money later Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #352095 Sat Jul 28 2012 7:43am
crookedm

I'm betting the ones made abroad will be put through more rigorous quality assurance than here.
English factory workers don't seem to give a dam, then when the whole operation is moved off shore there's uproar. Sad but true. We need to start caring and safe guarding our jobs by doing what we are paid to do.

Post #352097 Sat Jul 28 2012 8:11am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I got an official looking letter on Saturday with a Land Rover logo and thought great an apology or a voucher - turned out to be a request to complete an online survey rating my experience of LRCS last week Rolling with laughter Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #352246 Mon Jul 30 2012 9:32am
Beancounter_74

England 

muddywheels wrote:

Some of the guys on Fullfat are saying no longer going to buy the new model L405 Embarassed

I struggle with this, unfortunatley, you are one case in a lot of car sales, if this has influenced them, then I don't think they were going to buy one anyway Wink

Have fun completing your survey, I guess there won't be many 'excellent' boxes ticked Laughing ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #352248 Mon Jul 30 2012 9:41am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sorry I misread the letter it is LR Assistance questionnaire Embarassed

I am cracking up Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #352271 Mon Jul 30 2012 2:28pm
jim4244

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

MW - I think that it is really time to take the gloves off now, this has dragged on for way too long!

If I were you today I would:

1. Contact by phone and e mail every UK car magazine with details of your story.
2. Contact the Daily Mail who love running stories like this.
3. Contact BBC's "Watch Dog" and ask them to run your story in their new series.
4. Serve a County Court Summons on the Dealership and the CEO of Land Rover.

Land Rover and its dealers need to be sent a clear message that the manner in which you have been treated in unacceptable.

Jim

Post #352392 Tue Jul 31 2012 4:41am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

MW - Unfortunately it really looks like you are running out of options. In the past I have just walked away from something like this and taken a big hit. Sometimes the financial cost comes second to your sanity if you can bear it. But TBH I have some sympathy with Jims suggestions. It must be worth a try to get some intestest from the media and it might just kick start some interest and proper cooperation from the dealership. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #352394 Tue Jul 31 2012 8:15am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I would like to thank all the members who have posted support especially those who have contacted LRCS to express their feelings on my problems. I would have given up before now without you Bow down

I would like to apologise if I have spoiled anyone's enjoyment of the forum - this was not my intention in 2007 when I joined as an enthuisiast - as seen in my posts prior to June 2012 Embarassed

I think it is time I stopped posting as I appear to have lost my objectivity Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #352396 Tue Jul 31 2012 8:19am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

MW
Unless it's started to make you unwell I wouldn't give up there is support for you and as long as you keep it restricted to this thread it seems Martin is chilled.
I think there may come a time like some of us have done when you know that without involving lawyers that it is time to draw a line under it as I did and give up fighting and just take the hit and move on but if you're not there yet I think widening the net by posting links on other sites would be good unless the increased traffic becomes a problem for Martin.

My Plan B when you think all else has failed would be to get the best deal you can at LPR against a 2 nd hand FFRR and take the hit in the knowledge that you won't have any more hassle.
Cheers
Chris MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Last edited by ChrisP on Tue Jul 31 2012 8:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #352398 Tue Jul 31 2012 8:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRS_PAT

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hey Muddy,

Please stick around and let us know how you get on. You're going through a bad experience at the mo and I'm sure most of us understand Thumbs Up Having read the threads I'd like to know that finally it all got sorted to some degree and you're back driving and enjoying your RRS.

It will all get sorted soon I'm sure and then in a couple of months will just be a bad memory, and you can put it behind you and move on.

In the words of that great song:-

"Always look on the bright side of life" Whistle 2011 Autobiography Santorini Black

Post #352399 Tue Jul 31 2012 8:32am
pjb

ChrisP wrote:
MW
Unless it's started to make you unwell I wouldn't give up there is support for you and as long as you keep it restricted to this thread it seems Martin is chilled.
I think there may come a time like some of us have done when you know that without involving lawyers that it is time to draw a line under it as I did and give up fighting and just take the hit and move on but if you're not there yet I think widening the net by posting links on other sites would be good unless the increased traffic becomes a problem for Martin.

My Plan B when you think all else has failed would be to get the best deal you can at LPR against a 2 nd hand FFRR and take the hit in the knowledge that you won't have any more hassle.
Cheers
Chris

Have to agree with Chris there does come a time that the only one that suffers is you, speak to James at LPR do the best deal you can & start enjoying your life again - I really empathise with you & like the majority of the forum can only hope that you reach a satisfactory conclusion Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Paul

L405 Loire Blue
Swift Conqueror 645
Abarth 500c

Post #352410 Tue Jul 31 2012 10:12am
Gibbsy1966

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

MW

I really do sympathise with your situation and wish you all the best...I must say you've shown extraordinary patience and have been far more of a gentleman than I would have been Bow down

My comments only reflected my enthusiasm for the forum and the fact that newbies like me were in danger of getting a very one sided view of the the marque

Best of luck and screw the b Censored ards to the wall Whistle BMW 530D 2011 still here
Porsche Boxster S gone - RRS Supercharged bought to transport 2 Tibetan Terriers!!

Post #352411 Tue Jul 31 2012 10:20am
ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Gibbsy,
I think the main message we are all trying to get over is that we love our Sports and the JLR brand in general most of us are repeat "offenders",its just that when something does go drastically wrong like in this case and as another example what happened to Foxy last year a rogue dealer needs naming and shaming so that others don't have the same problems going forward.
It can be done just look at LPR they get the odd problem but I've never seen one that wasn't quickly resolved and a happy customer. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Last edited by ChrisP on Tue Jul 31 2012 11:42am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #352415 Tue Jul 31 2012 10:52am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Mw's issues must of put many newbies off getting a RRS which i think is sad really because if you get a good one, which ive been lucky enough to have had two good sports so far, they really are a good all round motor, when they are running right, the guys on the other 4x4 sites must be laughing their socks off with all the problems posted on this site lately Whistle but as we all know, they suffer many problems too. I really hope your dealer pulls all the stops out Mw to get a satisfactory resolution for you. To be honest i would make an appointment to see the dealer principle and see what he is offering as a solution and take it from there. Face to face is far better than any emails or phone calls. Thumbs Up

Post #352417 Tue Jul 31 2012 11:06am
Beancounter_74

England 

^^^ Too true Ady, book an appointment MW, go in and see them and don't leave until you've reached a resolution or a clear path of how things are to be resolved - at least you can put the issue to bed for your own sanity.

Letting things drift longer and longer only damages your corner IMHO, if you meet up with the principle dealer you will easily be able to tell if you are going to get anywhere or not.

As a first point, you want your RRS back in perfect working order, so any warranty issues sorted, no Christmas tree lights on the dashboard and the repair work to your chassis/suspension completed and demonstrated its in perfect working order (4 wheel alignment print uot verification or similar Wink ) Take the car on a test drive with the dealer too so they can experience any problems you have first hand. If they believe the work they have done is worthy, they'll have no problem agreeing to this Thumbs Up

Only then can you start to think about moving on to another car, trying to sort a deal before getting your original problem sorted will not reap the result your looking for I feel. By doing things this way, at least you have a servicable car back (allowing you to tow the van etc) and then decide what your next step should be.

Good luck Thumbs Up ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #352419 Tue Jul 31 2012 11:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 13 <123 ... 10 111213>