RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS RECALL 2006-2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Is this just a UK/Europe problem or should I be raising it with my "trusty" Australian dealer?

Cheers, 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #243512 Mon Nov 23 2009 11:57pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

640 - I believe the brake booster one was issued in Australia, before UK and Europe:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic14969.html

Based on your recent issues you may like to add your vote to this poll which is related:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic14995.html

you'll probably find the fuel pump issue is VIN specific, so you can ask your dealer to search for you, or try and find the valid VIN range yourself and check against your car. You may need to find the TSB, or recall notice for this..

Post #243518 Tue Nov 24 2009 1:00am
Lateral5

Australia 

640Newton wrote:
Is this just a UK/Europe problem or should I be raising it with my "trusty" Australian dealer?

Cheers,

Yep, sure is - I went through two pumps - both shot bearings. Sure makes a mess of the belt and the cover.

Mine is a Oct 2005 RRS TDV6.

Alto in Sydney know the procedure really well Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243541 Tue Nov 24 2009 10:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
2nd Rower

Do you have a TSB number or a copy of the TSB for the recall Lateral?

Post #243543 Tue Nov 24 2009 11:08am
Lateral5

Australia 

2nd Rower wrote:
Do you have a TSB number or a copy of the TSB for the recall Lateral?

I don't Rower, I actually think mine helped kick off the recall. I took my car in to get the persistent transmission rasp noise attended too about 4-5 months back. They thought it was the high pressure fuel pump, so they replaced it and there started my problems. It blew through two replacement pumps and the guys at Alto showed me the unit - totally seized up bearing which stripped the belt and melted the belt cover - real mess. When I picked it up the third time, I was speaking with GAry at Alto and that's when he told me LR had started a recall - he had about 4500 cars to do!

Ironically, there was nothing wrong with my original pump.... Big Cry and the transmission noise is still there. LR have now said that is....."normal"....ie it is too expensive to fix or they don't know how. Rolling Eyes RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243546 Tue Nov 24 2009 11:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lateral5

Australia 

Are you in Melb? If so, take it to Gary or Pete at MLR - they will know about it. If they don't ask them to call Gary at Alto Syd.....Gary to call Gary Laughing RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243547 Tue Nov 24 2009 11:23am
2nd Rower

You obviously haven't seen my thread in the dealership feedback section Lateral.. I don't intend to return to Melbourne City Land Rover (MLR) Evil or Very Mad

I'll see if Lance Dixon know about it!

Post #243548 Tue Nov 24 2009 11:35am
2nd Rower

Lateral5 wrote:
: and the transmission noise is still there. LR have now said that is....."normal"....ie it is too expensive to fix or they don't know how. Rolling Eyes

This continued over use of "it's normal" or "its characteristic" or "they all do that" as excuses by Land Rover Australia is ridiculous!

Post #243549 Tue Nov 24 2009 11:39am
2nd Rower

I have had Lance Dixon check my VIN, and my car doesn't require the fuel pump recall.

If you go here:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952880

You can see all of the recalls for Land Rover, and that the fuel pump recall was issued on 6th August 2009.

Post #243997 Mon Nov 30 2009 12:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123