RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS RECALL 2006-2009
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well I took my car in today to GS for the brake recall full of expectation and with a day planned to have a short test run around the Peak District and a table booked for lunch en-route with camera loaded for a RRS forum pictorial review and comparison.
On arrival I'm told I've got the usual Freelander loaner NOT the promised MY10 RRS even though it was there (I checked)so I declined their "kind" offer and instead opted to wait whilst they did the recall work which thankfully took less than an hour.
Seems I wasn't considered to be a "serious"prospect after all even though I bought my current one from them and at the moment the only questions for me is do I upgrade to the V8,stick with the new V6 or change to the new XF when my current contract expires.
Compare that with Jaguar who let me have a play with an XF and an XK for the day to evaluate!
Looks like being another new customer for CH either way Wink MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #242159 Fri Nov 06 2009 12:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Gutted!! It's a Censored trying to get service and sales depts talking to each other over something like this... Crying or Very sad 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #242173 Fri Nov 06 2009 2:14pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

shmoogle wrote:
Gutted!! It's a Censored trying to get service and sales depts talking to each other over something like this... Crying or Very sad

But shmoogle it is hardly f Censored g rocket science and even worse when they only normaly sit 5 yards from each other

Post #242178 Fri Nov 06 2009 2:40pm
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

You're quite right, but that's the key.... getting people to talk to each other is damn near impossible. I face that sort of thing every bloody week of my working life Sad 

Post #242182 Fri Nov 06 2009 3:14pm
ChrisP

But guy's that's the really annoying part,they had already talked to sales when I booked it in and after our discussions on whether I was "serious" about having another Sport they agreed for me to have the demonstrator for the day.
I only bought my existing one from them due to an unfortunate cock up at another dealers having been given the cold shoulder when I went in to see them first. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #242190 Fri Nov 06 2009 4:08pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

United Kingdom 

Figures.... Rolling Eyes

Another victory for customer service Laughing 

Post #242191 Fri Nov 06 2009 4:22pm
leedsunited

shmoogle wrote:
Figures.... Rolling Eyes

Another victory for customer service Laughing

F Censored me, customers who needs customers Whistle

Post #242200 Fri Nov 06 2009 4:57pm
ChrisP

Interesting new development,just got home and had a wonderful invitation(already accepted) from my other local dealer Gordon Lamb Chesterfield who are running an invitation only 4X4 day at the end of November to drive a whole range of all their 4X4's Renault,Nissan,Toyota,Skoda,15 to choose from including the Range Rover,Freelander,Defender and Discovery through the Peak District and with a bar and lunch thrown in Very Happy
Think I might just e-mail GS and let them know Laughing
At least somebody is showing an interest in attracting new customers Exclamation MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #242210 Fri Nov 06 2009 6:11pm
SimonH

United Kingdom 

ChrisP

Re the V6 or the V8, I,ve just been out in the new V6 Disco ( our disco hospitalised due to dealer technician error ) and on flooring the throttle, it took off like the proverbial scalded feline. No joke, massive difference over the old V6 2.7 Very Happy

Having placed my order for a RRS V6 that arrives in December I was having the same dilemma over engine choice, but no more, I definitely think the V6 will be enough for me.

As mentioned, we have both an 06 disco and an 08 RRS and no sniff of a letter anywhere. Who needs brakes anyway!

Post #242213 Fri Nov 06 2009 7:04pm
ChrisP

Simon,
I didn't get a letter either,they rang me to tell me my car was due for a service even though I had recently had it done.I asked them about the recall and they agreed to do it for me.
Also forgot to mention GS have agreed to replace the split drivers door seal under warranty that GL had said was wear and tear due to me rubbing it (with my fat ass presumably) getting in and out so not covered. MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #242219 Fri Nov 06 2009 7:50pm
SimonH

United Kingdom 

ChrisP

Re the door seal, do you have side steps?

I think the seals are a tad easy to damage ( also having a fat ass....) on entry and exit and the side steps do offer a bit more flexibility when doing so.

If you already have side steps this observation is useless and may point to you having an even fatter ass than mine Laughing

Were my engine comments of any use?

Post #242257 Sat Nov 07 2009 1:04pm
ChrisP

Hi Simon,
No side steps but really can't see how it could be me rubbing it,never happened before and most of my cars in the past when I have bought them have done 150,000+ miles without a similar problem so not good that it has gone in less than 40k miles.
I take your coments on board about the new V6 being much faster than my current car,just wonder if the mpg isn't much better if I would prefer the V8 for the soundtrack but just wanted to drive both for comparison,not an unreasonable request to a dealer I would have thought? MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.

Post #242268 Sat Nov 07 2009 3:15pm
dannyRR

Re: RRS RECALL 2006-2009

NickM wrote:
Guys I got a letter today advising of a Recall relating to

P008 High Pressure Fuel Pump Front Bearing Failure - 2007-2008 Model year and

P017 Brake Vacuum Assistance System - 2006 - 2009 Model years

Anyone else get this letter today???

just put mine in for some warranty issues and they told me it has to have these recalls done

Post #242613 Thu Nov 12 2009 12:50pm
Lateral5

Australia 
Re: RRS RECALL 2006-2009

NickM wrote:
Guys I got a letter today advising of a Recall relating to

P008 High Pressure Fuel Pump Front Bearing Failure - 2007-2008 Model year and

P017 Brake Vacuum Assistance System - 2006 - 2009 Model years

Anyone else get this letter today???

I think this recall was based on my car burning through two brand new fuel pumps....ironically, there was nothing wrong with the original. Dealer through they'd replace it as they thought it was the source of a rattle (it wasn't). Three fuel pumps later (four if you include the original) and car has been ok for a few months now

Honestly guys, don't hesitate to get this done, for two reasons;

1) It's bloody dangerous - my car lost all power at 110km/h on a freeway with cars up my clacker. Just managed to pull off without getting cleaned up

2) It costs LR about $A5000 / car - ouch, what a shame Laughing RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #243439 Mon Nov 23 2009 1:02pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Just took mine in today.....and guess the loan car.......wait for it...

X Type Diesel Estate...manual!!!!!

Post #243467 Mon Nov 23 2009 7:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>