RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Fake Wheels from Dealership...You might want to check yours.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

IT Lad

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Zermatt Silver
Fake Wheels from Dealership...You might want to check yours.

Hi guys,

It’s been a while, but I thought I would share this with you...

I bought my RRS new 16 months ago on a 2 year lease (From a Big main dealer in Portsmouth)...Among other things; I ordered factory fitted 20” Land Rover Wheels...

As my parking is not the best, the wheels became a bit knackered and I took it to Wicked Wheels in surrey... (They are excellent by the way). Yep you guessed it; my car was not only fitted with fake wheels but second hand refurbished fake wheels from China... TUT TUT. This has also been verified by Guy Salmon in Thames Ditton.
I have been in touch with the finance company and the dealer ship and after threatening legal action and much more they have offered me New Wheels, £500, bottle of champagne, £350 to charity and a valet... I asked for a few other bits (like sending flowers as an apology) but they declined.

I am also going to decline there offer too as they have messed me around for the last time.

I have had to fight really hard just to get this out of them; both the finance company and the dealership don’t really know what customer care is all about. I feel really let down now with the experience of owning my dream car. It’s just a fake. For 16 months I have been ripped off. I am not happy... If only they were more responsive in their customer care.

Basically, this is fraudulent behaviour and what worries me; is it happening to other people who have paid top price for their cars too. If you too bought your car from the Portsmouth area, you might want to pop in to your local dealer. Make sure they take the wheels off; there will be Landrover serial no’s on the back or side if they are real.

I am going to take legal action now, along with informing Trading Standards, health and safety executive, the Police, watchdog, LandRover HQ, and Landrover Marketing .

These wheels have probably not even been safety tested for the RRS either...

I just thought t some of you might be interested in the above... Range Rover Sport S Silver (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Colour coded door handles, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Rubber and Carpet Mats

(Factory Options) Electric folding door mirrors, Micatallic paint, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Leather trim, 20" 10 spoke alloy wheels. Colour Silver.

Coming Soon: Colour coded front grill, Fogs, Sat Nav, Sound System with full IPOD control and hands free Bluetooth thingy…

Post #229097 Fri Jun 26 2009 12:43pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Thanks for sharing - shocking - Shocked

Out of interest what do you want out of it, what is it that would appease you ?

Was it the lack of flowers that caused you to turn down their offer Laughing

Post #229099 Fri Jun 26 2009 12:49pm
Asim

IT Lad,

Firstly, sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience...

secondly, I totally agree with you for taking the action your taking..... Thumbs Up ..they had no intention of letting you know you were not getting what you paid for. £500, and a bottle of bubbly to stop you getting them into trouble...they can stuff that...you go and sue the p4nts off them. I hope once found guilty, you are able to name and shame them on this site.

Hate things like this, really winds me up. Evil or Very Mad

Asim RRS Supercharged!!!!

Post #229102 Fri Jun 26 2009 12:51pm
IT Lad

Maw, silly I know but yes, it was the flowers that sent me over the edge Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Funny thing is, they have just responded with an offer with everything apart from the flowers...the dealer guy may not be in touch with his feminine side... Rolling Eyes

Don't know what to do now, do I want to spend heaps on legal advice or do I just take the offer.

What I would really like is all my money back as it was not the car I ordered.. Whistle

Confused... Range Rover Sport S Silver (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Colour coded door handles, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Rubber and Carpet Mats

(Factory Options) Electric folding door mirrors, Micatallic paint, Privacy glass (to rear of B post), Leather trim, 20" 10 spoke alloy wheels. Colour Silver.

Coming Soon: Colour coded front grill, Fogs, Sat Nav, Sound System with full IPOD control and hands free Bluetooth thingy…

Post #229104 Fri Jun 26 2009 1:03pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Hmm... it's legal advice you need. A much worse (but similar) situation happened with a friend's FFRR. He'd bought that from a main dealer as an approved used and found out a couple of years into ownership that it was a cut&shut job. The finance company weren't originally interested, but then the police took an interest and eventually the finance company refunded him all of his payments and the finance agreement was determined to be voided.

Out of interest, did you spec the car for yourself or did it come out of dealer stock? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #229110 Fri Jun 26 2009 1:53pm
IT Lad

Hi shmoogle, I specified the wheels in the quote, and then the sales invoice stated 20" Factory fitted wheels also.

I have all the paperwork to hand. I reckon they have been doing this allot, the finance company and the dealership seem to be acting together... Surely the finance company should be pushing it further for me, but they are not. I am doing all the work. The wheels are only worth £300 as I was told.

grrr... Range Rover Sport S Silver (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Colour coded door handles, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Rubber and Carpet Mats

Post #229111 Fri Jun 26 2009 2:11pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Maybe contacting the local paper they might do an article which will bring in other peple in the same boat

then club together on the legal fee to sue the Censored 'ers

Post #229112 Fri Jun 26 2009 2:16pm
MAW

Are you running on 'new' wheels whilst this goes on or on the fakes still Confused

Post #229115 Fri Jun 26 2009 2:37pm
IT Lad

I'm Still running on fakes Maw as I have not yet agreed to there goodwill gesture....

I wonder if that is why my steering wheel shudders when doing over 50...

Also, are they safe to use... I wonder if they have been tested on the RRS...

Thanks for your input Range Rover Sport S Silver (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Colour coded door handles, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Rubber and Carpet Mats

Post #229117 Fri Jun 26 2009 2:49pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Can't really answer that - there are plenty of quite acceptable replicas out there that have been load tested but without you knowing where they came from it's going to be difficult to say. Is there any indication on the rims as to the manufacturer? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #229119 Fri Jun 26 2009 3:06pm
IT Lad

They say "not OEM" with a couple of numbers...I can find out and do a google... Range Rover Sport S Silver (Dealer Options) Front & Rear Mud Flaps, Side Steps, Chrome Fender Vents, Painted Door Mirrors, Colour coded door handles, Rubber Boot Mat (with RR Logo), Rubber and Carpet Mats

Post #229120 Fri Jun 26 2009 3:16pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

And they wonder why people call 'em "stealers".................. IS it much wonder with the likes of this going on?? Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #229130 Fri Jun 26 2009 5:05pm
MAW

Not all bad in their defence - i know a good one Whistle Laughing

Post #229137 Fri Jun 26 2009 6:24pm
Lookers Park Royal

Did someone say stealer? Laughing

Sorry to hear your news IT Lad, hope you manage to get it sorted out.

James Thumbs Up

Post #229150 Sat Jun 27 2009 10:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

Sorry to hear this but you really need some proper legal advice. For instance the type of lease will be important, the sales invoice you refer to presumably is the lease company's invoice not yours, you may not have any direct contract with the dealer. The dealer has tried to make amends. You seem willing to continue to drive the car even with suspect/dangerous wheels etc etc

Most civil legal action aims to get your situation rectified (which the dealer seems to have offered), no-one is "guilty" of anything in civil cases - that occurs in criminal cases. Not sure what further redress a court is going to give you, it will though make at least two lawyers more wealthy than they are today. Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #229155 Sat Jun 27 2009 2:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>