RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY10 pricing policy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
MY10 pricing policy

Anyone got an inkling on the pricing policy for the MY10 vehicles.

At the moment, anyone walking in to a LR dealership and talking new cars will be greated with open arms and a whopping discount.

Will all of that change with the face-lifted model? Maybe this is a question for the dealers on here mostly?

Will dealers expect to achieve list price or near as dammit list price given that it will be a novelty ... or are they terrified of launching a new premium car with no buyers around .... and will hence continue the discounts. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #223766 Wed Apr 29 2009 11:08am
Lookers Park Royal

Interesting point, and one that dealers need to balance carefully. Judging by the numbers (I ordered my launch stock yesterday and have been told how many customer slots I have), there is unlikely to be enough stock around initially to require discounts. After time I'd guess this may change, however Land Rover are being very sensible about building just enough product and not too much.

We'll see what happens.

James Thumbs Up

Post #223776 Wed Apr 29 2009 12:41pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bex

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
Land Rover are being very sensible about building just enough product and not too much.

We'll see what happens.

James Thumbs Up

You mean Land Rover, like all the other car munfacturers, will continue as they have always done to 'artificially' control the market and keep prices up to detriment of the consumer Shocked

I'm alright Jack, pull up the ladder Rolling with laughter

Post #223867 Thu Apr 30 2009 8:48am
Lookers Park Royal

I think it's called 'supply and demand' or alternatively 'making hay as the sun shines'. Laughing

Post #223873 Thu Apr 30 2009 9:00am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cherokee1111

United Kingdom 

I think it's called 'supply and demand' or alternatively 'making hay as the sun shines'. Laughing

making hay WHILE the sun shines, however, its Censored down right now in the economy so they need to get real, do they want some money or no money, happy they make a profit but they need to get inline with Europe and the states Clones are people two

Post #223888 Thu Apr 30 2009 10:46am
Lookers Park Royal

Cherokee, all three of the new products are fabulous and I think you'll be impressed. Wait until you see them in the flesh.

James Thumbs Up

Post #223892 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:02am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Guys, it's the economics of business plain and simple.

If you have a new product that people want, would you do yourself out of selling it for top dollar?

I suspect not... Rolling Eyes Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #223895 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:22am
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Everything looks nicer with a 95% discount Whistle Whistle. WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #223897 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:26am
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

btw james any news when they 'official' spec list and prices will be available? WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #223901 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:40am
Another SW

United Kingdom 

cherokee1111 wrote:

making hay WHILE the sun shines, however, its Censored down right now in the economy so they need to get real, do they want some money or no money, happy they make a profit but they need to get inline with Europe and the states

Tell you what, why don't Land Rover announce grossly inflated new prices for the 10MY products and then the dealers can give you a whopping discount for buying a new car in the current economic climate? Whistle

Or, alternatively, why not be sensible with the pricing and sell them at the asking price, so that the dealers get to stay in business for a while and be around to service your car and do some warranty work if required? Thumbs Up

It really p****es me off that everyone thinks car dealers are fair game for abuse and accusations of 'stealing' when they operate on some of the lowest ROS margins in any retail business in any market sector!

10MY cars are massively improved on current vehicles - in almost every area - yet the prices have not changed proportionately (e.g. RRS 5.0l S/C is less than 5% more expensive than a 4.2, yet has over 25% more power, better interior, adaptive suspension, and some new and updated toys - bargain!)

Post #223903 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:46am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

But obtain these increases has the basic cost to manufacture gone up? 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #223905 Thu Apr 30 2009 11:48am
bex

Another SW wrote:
cherokee1111 wrote:

making hay WHILE the sun shines, however, its Censored down right now in the economy so they need to get real, do they want some money or no money, happy they make a profit but they need to get inline with Europe and the states

It really p****es me off that everyone thinks car dealers are fair game for abuse and accusations of 'stealing' when they operate on some of the lowest ROS margins in any retail business in any market sector!

10MY cars are massively improved on current vehicles - in almost every area - yet the prices have not changed proportionately (e.g. RRS 5.0l S/C is less than 5% more expensive than a 4.2, yet has over 25% more power, better interior, adaptive suspension, and some new and updated toys - bargain!)

Hold on a moment....I 'm in the retail market and I havent increased retail prices for 24 months now even though my customers have benefitted from both improved product quality and support.

So what makes car manufacturers any different?

Oh I forgot; they got a massive injection of cash from the 'public purse' and now they want to keep fleecing us as they have always done.

Or maybe they're fleecing their retail agents who in turn feel obliged to fleece us as well Whistle

As for margins, well that all depends on the price of the product, doesnt it??

I'd happily take 4% of 60,000 any day or maybe 'Jo Dealer' would prefer 12% Laughing

I didnt see the MD of LR taking a pay cut Rolling with laughter

Post #223908 Thu Apr 30 2009 12:04pm
Another SW

United Kingdom 

bex wrote:

So what makes car manufacturers any different?

Oh I forgot; they got a massive injection of cash from the 'public purse' and now they want to keep fleecing us as they have always done.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

So the stories of GM, Chrysler, Ford, et al verging on bankruptcy and NEEDING Government support is all media hype then is it?

As for dealer margins - As you are in retail, would you be happy with a Net ROS of less than 3% being amongst the sector Top Performers for the last year or more?

If you feel 'fleeced', why don't you switch to car retailing and start selling us all massively discounted cars - in the interests of public morality and ethics? I believe there are several Land Rover 'open points' available at the moment, as a result of a number of these modern-day highway-men going broke or having to contract their businesses. Whistle

Post #223920 Thu Apr 30 2009 12:48pm
bex

If the car industry as a whole has not had the foresight to 'stash' some of it's profits for bad times then quite frankly it should fail like any other business in the same circumstances!

I appreciate the industry employs 100,000s people directly and indirectly but I havent seen the shareholders coming forward to re-invest their dividends from the good times.

The government would have been better place giving all tax payers £5000 to go and 'spend as we wish' and then the whole economy would have benefitted and not just the luxury car market.

A friend of mine in the business is happy to consider any offer on the price of a vehicle above cost just to stay afloat and the cars he sells havent had a penny given to them by HM Government

I suppose if the PM's car was a FORD and not a Jag the situation might be different Rolling Eyes

Post #223927 Thu Apr 30 2009 1:18pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hey, when I started this topic, I didn't intend to be critical of dealers or Land Rover in any way. Some posters here seem to be getting a little hot under the collar.

It appears that a lot of people on this site seem to be greeting the MY10 with glee. I suspect dealers also need a bit of relief - and the new model will be a welcome boost to them. I suspect that the launch of this updated model might not be all good news.

You have been able to get a new RRS HSE TDV6 for not a lot more than £40K of late. I know that for certain as I bought a new MY09. But that's still a lot of money whichever way you cut it. The new model's predicted price tag of just over £50K will be interesting. Only the brave (and maybe foolish) will pay that. With this economic climate set to last for a good while, the £50K level won't last - unless LR produce them in such small quantities that they don't sell many anyway.

The new model will also have an effect on the residual value of MY09 and below.

Messing about with the prices like this could actuall spell the end for Land Rover.

Keep the price where it is LR and actually let them go for about £44.5 K and you still may have a business in 24 months time. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #223928 Thu Apr 30 2009 1:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>