RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [FAQ] WARNING - DOES YOUR FRONT SUSPENSION KNOCK?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 32 <123 ... 567 ... 303132>

chris

Germany 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Nutty Nige,

tks. a lot for your detailled explanation. I will speak again with the dealer if they could try to replace the DR system. May be on the new system the tolerance will be less. so the noise will be hopefully less.....
Because noww it is getting more warm and I thin the noise is getting more.

I tried already everything. Taken out the fuse etc. Then the noise is gone. Tks. for the tip.

On the other hand i think LR will do nothing at the moment because they haven't received enough complains. So no need to develop a new DR system. Big Cry

Keep me updated if you have some more new.

Chris ---------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 MY 08.05 java black / alpaca

Post #166102 Fri Apr 18 2008 9:55pm
NIM

Canada 

COULD YOU GUYS GET YOUR DEALERS TO REPLACE THE BUSHINGS ON THE ARC UNIT THEY ARE JUST LIKE THE SWAY BAR BUSHINGS , I HAVE HAD A LOT OF RR SPORT WITH THIS FAULT, AND ALSO LET THEM REPLACE THE NUTS ON THE SWAY BAR LINKS AND MAKE SURE THEY ARE TORQUE TO 75 FT LBS, I HAVE HEARD THE NOISE AND THIS SEEMS TO FIX IT THANKS NIM. HELLO EVERYONE,I HAVE BEEN WITH LAND ROVER FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS AND HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BRAND, IF ANYONE NEED ME TO ANSWER A QUESTION OR 2 DO NOT HESITATE TO
CONTACT ME .THANKS NIM

Post #169810 Thu May 15 2008 8:19pm
chris

Germany 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Nim,

tks. for your info and explanation.
Does that mean the Dynamic response "waterpump knocking" is then gone ?

That would be a big step in the right direction.

tks.
Chris ---------------------------------------------------------
RRS TDV8 MY 08.05 java black / alpaca

Post #169812 Thu May 15 2008 8:54pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

chris wrote:
Hi Josh,

and how about the dynamic response knocking...is it also gone.

Mine is still there Evil or Very Mad

Chris

I haven't had the DR knocking on this one nor the last one thankfully. Removal of fuse made no difference to the rattle. It was definately the AR bushes and lower ball joint causing the problems.

I also had the rear AR bushes replaced 2 weeks ago as well.

So now that it's nearly 10 months old the silence is finally bliss Thumbs Up

Idea I think LR needs to produce a new bush that doesn't rattle. Idea TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #169841 Fri May 16 2008 11:48am
NIM

Canada 

Hi guys, another fault is that i saw a mechanic work on a vehicle for 2 weeks and when i got the rr sport i figured that the line was not spaced in the mounts properly, and it was causing the noise, if your dealer activate the arc system it will make the noise in the shop and they will be able to better diag the problem.Thanks Nim. HELLO EVERYONE,I HAVE BEEN WITH LAND ROVER FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS AND HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BRAND, IF ANYONE NEED ME TO ANSWER A QUESTION OR 2 DO NOT HESITATE TO
CONTACT ME .THANKS NIM

Post #170086 Mon May 19 2008 3:35pm
weim71

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Guys,
I just bought a 08.5 TDV8 last monday. It was back in the garage on Tuesday morning.

The car had 2 miles on it when i picked it up, and 20 minutes after driving away from the garage i heard this knocking coming from the front. Lucky for me i was staying in the area that night, but i live 400 miles away from the dealer i bought it from. So anyway i called them first thing Tuesday morning and then took the car back to them.

So they took it for a drive and then told me that everything was ok and not to worry. They told me that because of the ARC system thats on it, that it does knock and its normal. Everything is tight and the car is fine they told me. But they then went on to tell me that sometimes they replace bushes, that can sometimes be really hard, and can make the knocking a bit louder.
So they said give it a couple of weeks and if its still quite loud, they will replace the bushes for me. That will fix it!

After reading all these posts from you guys, im not so sure. As we all know these cars are expensive and i dont want to regret buying it.

Post #170110 Mon May 19 2008 9:43pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Definitely not normal, as the countless posts on here will confirm. The fact that it's "normal" seems to be a LR party line. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #170152 Tue May 20 2008 11:25am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Unbelievably, my stealer is on his 4th attempt at rectification (slightly dirty word Whistle ).

They have replaced bushes (another one Whistle ) galour and tightened things up like things have never been tightened befiore...alas, I still get the knocking. I actually start to dread going home and down my rather rough driveway {track}....as soon as I get near the end, the knockety knock gets quite severe and it sounds as if the whole suspension is going to come through the floorpan.

Mine is going back in on Friday for the 5th attempt.....lest us see what happens. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #170163 Tue May 20 2008 12:32pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Car got recovered yesterday on LR assistance advice.......suspension was making a hell of a noise. It sounded like something had worked loose on top of the normal knockety knock noise!!! Big Cry Big Cry

Car now sitting in driveway awaiting a Monday morning conversation with the dealer - AGAIN.

This for me is the last straw. I am now refusing the cars return until it is fixed, period. I feel 5 attempts at this is more than generous and for a £60k motor, totally unacceptable.

The sheer embarrassment of seeing my pride and joy on the back of a low loader - LR should be Censored embarassed too!! For Censored sake.

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #171202 Sun Jun 01 2008 12:52pm
weim71

Oh jesus thats awful!
My one was in the garage on Tuesday for the knocking. They replaced the bushes, and checked everything was tight, but its still knocking. So they want it back in to do other stuff now.
I really cant understand why they cant work out why they are all knocking like this!?

Post #171222 Sun Jun 01 2008 8:22pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

I think that's the issue........LR don't seem concerned or are loathed to get involved in any of the situations. The dealers seem to be the ones trying to find the resolution, but there is no definitive......it is absolutely crazy and pitiful to think that as much as we are now celebrating the RRS 3rd birthday - this Censored crap is STILL going on.......... Big Cry Big Cry

It's just not cricket. Christ, any sane person would have dumped the LR brand and gone elsewhere........I on the other hand am totally bonkers and do not want to change to another manufacturer (sitting here with pencils up my nose and my underpants on my head)................ Whistle Whistle

They (LR) have played the patriotic card once too often for me - with the competition now as it is, they cannot afford to undo all the good that has been built up since those dreadful years - in today's climate, you do not get a 3rd chance, period. Crying or Very sad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #171225 Sun Jun 01 2008 9:10pm
plum

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lugano Teal

weim71 wrote:
Oh jesus thats awful!
My one was in the garage on Tuesday for the knocking. They replaced the bushes, and checked everything was tight, but its still knocking. So they want it back in to do other stuff now.
I really cant understand why they cant work out why they are all knocking like this!?

Just for the record, mine is too, been back 6 times to 3 different dealers. Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #171238 Mon Jun 02 2008 7:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

Censored They should just do away with the DR system if they can't get it to work. I don't understand why they keep supplying brand new cars that they know are going to have problems. If I worked for LR, I'd be well embarassed.

Censored

Post #171295 Mon Jun 02 2008 1:52pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Car returned and all is well again. Apparently the 75Nm torque setting as discussed here previously, worked itself loose Shocked Shocked Shocked

Let's see how long before knockety knock, clackety clack or tappety tap reappear Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

Post #171507 Wed Jun 04 2008 1:48am
weim71

Well, i hope that has fixed it and there's no more knocking. This sort of thing Censored me off. You spend 60k on a car that ends up spending more time in the workshop than it does on your drive!
I had a Defender that was in the workshop about 7 times in one year for a water leak! Then i bought a disco 3, which i really liked and to be honest nothing ever went wrong with it. (probably should have kept it) Then i buy the sport, and after 20 mins of driving it, this knocking starts! Jesus, the more you spend the more problems you get! Mad

If LR dont sort this out, it's the last one i will buy.

Post #171518 Wed Jun 04 2008 8:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 32 <123 ... 567 ... 303132>