RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 18" RIMS ON S/C (Long Awaited!!)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

andrewjakovac

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Ok, I'm still waiting back on the offset information from www.fourbys.com.au as they are waiting on Advanti for the info themselves (or the people who machined the blanks for them)..

In the meantime, do you guys want me to ask the guys here at Fourbys whether they could organise some kind of shipment to the US or abroad? Maybe they have contacts who could recieve them on your behalf without them having to travel all the way to Australia..

Let me know..

here's another vid, had the 20"s on though... Sand wasn't that soft, so I got away with the 20"s fully pumped up.. Unfortunately no sound for most of the vid though..

Post #110029 Tue May 22 2007 9:37am
Pelyma

England 

Speak to AndrewS on the otherside he is selling MTRs at the moment and never seems to have a problem. Wouldn't it be cheaper to import them from the UK?

Post #110076 Tue May 22 2007 12:42pm
drevs

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Who is AndrewS and where is the "otherside"? Smile
I'd be interested in the MTRs if they were available... if nothing else, because there is no guesswork. The MTRs seem legendary for their unavailability.

AndrewJ - I'm looking into the LR3 wheels right now, wondering if there is one of those that will clear the calipers. I suppose if there was an easy way to get the Advanti wheels shipped here, it would also be an option. What supplier did the foubys place use to get the wheels? If you know that info, I could point my wheel shop in the right direction.

Post #110106 Tue May 22 2007 2:28pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

drevs, FYI I caught a post on discoweb that may be of your interest. An indepedent shop in Philly, PA, claims they have an incoming container from Europe containing several sets of 19" MTRs. I would have posted this on rr.net, but since we seem to have gone back in time on that forum today I want to make sure you get this... Good luck pursuing this lead, as you can see I tried getting more info from the original poster w/o luck. http://www.discoweb.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35859 

Post #110125 Tue May 22 2007 4:49pm
drevs

Cool, thanks for the heads up. The longer this info ISN'T posted on RR.net, the better my chances! Wink

Post #110180 Tue May 22 2007 8:37pm
Pelyma

England 

AndrewS is on www.disco3.co.uk He is currently selling MTRs plus wheels for £200 each I think. HTH

Post #110352 Wed May 23 2007 9:37am
umbertob

The guy in Pennsylvania says they should cost about $405 by the time they clear Customs and get to his warehouse, so that would be competitive with £200 from the UK once you figure the pityful exchange rate of the Dollar. At least they are here and shipping to US customers won't be as expensive as it would be from the UK. But by the time you get 5 of them delivered and find four used 19" rims to fit them on, I figure you'll be out a good $3,000... I am so glad my car did NOT come with Brembos now! Wink 

Post #110857 Thu May 24 2007 4:41pm
drevs

Jesus... gimme a break - $400 EACH?
I suppose I'll keep searching for an 18" wheel that I can adapt to fit my truck. I've been looking into LR3 wheels, but finding one to test fit has proven difficult. Those new Cooper LTZ tires are about $175 each and will offer much better ground clearance than the MTRs.

Post #111008 Fri May 25 2007 12:20am
Pelyma

England 

£200 included wheels I think.

Post #112118 Thu May 31 2007 10:03am
drevs

Andrew-
So did you get the Dune Grapplers yet? Any word on the offset specs for the wheels?

Umberto-
I missed your earlier post... yeah, not much mud out here, but lots of rocks!

Post #114349 Fri Jun 08 2007 11:51pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

drevs wrote:
Jesus... gimme a break - $400 EACH?
I suppose I'll keep searching for an 18" wheel that I can adapt to fit my truck. I've been looking into LR3 wheels, but finding one to test fit has proven difficult.

Drevs I have D3/LR3 18" 10 spoke alloys on my RRS, they fit OK, but are a b*gger to clean the mud out of the back of the rims even with a powerwasher, you need to find a good fast flowing stream or river to clean them after doing muddy stuff. Heres' what they look like and are available at great expense from your friendly LR dealer!

They are not dished and they have suffered a small amount of scuffing, mainly because we do a lot of rut driving in these parts.
In the UK and I assume Europe these are now the no cost optional 18" wheels for S and SE models, in 2005 when I bought the car I had to pay extra for them........ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jun 10 2007 6:03pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #114386 Sat Jun 09 2007 1:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
drevs

Thanks Tim-
Your setup looks good. Do you have the Brembo brakes on the front of your truck?

Post #114487 Sun Jun 10 2007 4:23pm
umbertob

Those are the same OEM 18s I run, and unfortunately they would not clear the front Brembos on a S/C or DR equipped Sport. Sad 

Post #114514 Sun Jun 10 2007 4:53pm
drevs

Yeah, after I posted that I re-read the thread and saw where you mentioned that. I had the dealer test fit an LR3 wheel this past week. After removing the caliper blocks they said it fit, but rubbed against the outside of the caliper. The search continues...

Post #114517 Sun Jun 10 2007 4:56pm
andrewjakovac

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Drevs, that's a shame about the test wheels rubbing on the calipers... But it's good to know that it wasn't an option to use the standard wheels.

Just so you know also, there's only about 5-6mm clearance between my caliper & the inside of the rim, therefore I do cop some scratches on the rim itself due to small rocks getting stuck in that small gap. Don't care though because they are for kicking around anyway.

I have talked to a lot of people about it, and asked several people if it is possibile to shave a 1-2mm groove in the inside of the rim just for peace of mind, and I got laughed at due to the possisbile weakening of the wheel. I then considered shaving a bit off the brembo, and got laughed at as well.

I was then convinced that the brembos are so super strong, and the attachments to the rest of the braking system are too strong compared to any little rock that might get stuck between the wheel & the caliper, and that crushing of a rock would happen before a caliper got ripped off... The joys of modification... I'm prepared to live with that though..

Anyway, I thought I would just let you know of that fact just so you are well informed of the things I have gone through.

Ciao, and talk soon with those details when they arrive from Forbys (check you PM)...

(p.s. I'll post some of the weekend's shots & vids next post...)

Post #115349 Tue Jun 12 2007 3:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>