Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Changing Lights / Maintenance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

2eZero

United Kingdom 
Changing Lights / Maintenance

Hi Folks

So I've not got as far as actually poking around yet underneath or anything but can anyone explain how easy/hard it is to change the following.

O/S/F cornering lamp.

Despite other issues I'll come to later, the drivers side front cornering light is not working. It would be nice if it was. I understand it takes a 35w H8 bulb.

I am reluctant to go down the LED route as this is just a loaner and doing these helpful things for the owner is one of my things as he's nice enough to loan me his 2005 RRS Supercharged V8 beast whilst my 2002 Discovery 2 TD5 is in the garage.

So. Is it crawling under the front bumper and fiddling around or do I need to go in via the engine bay or something?

The other is the brake light in the back. I expect it would be going in via the boot and some carpetted panel rather than like the D2 unscrewing the outer shell and removing that?

As you can tell I've not got the Haynes WSM/BOL available, but I also didn't see links to something on here detailing such things.

Thanks in advance Wink

Post #627412 Sun Oct 16 2022 1:55pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The front light. Not sure which one you mean.

If in the bumper, it’s a fog light. You pull the surround off and then remove 3 screws. Easy to loose! Magnetic screw driver and a lot of care needed! More like 51 or 55w

Corning light is part of the headlight where fitted and is 35w
Remove grill, remove headlight. No tools required!

Rear lights. Open tailgate. Undo 2 screws facing you.
Then the not nice job or pulling the light towards you. Keeping it straight. There are 2 prongs between the red lens and body colour. May need a bit of plastic to leaver in there very carefully

Post #627415 Sun Oct 16 2022 6:40pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

You’ll need to remove the grill (release four tabs at the top then rip it off pulling at the lower left and right corners), remove the headlight (lift/pry the two metal tabs at the top/back of the headlight straight up and then fiddle with them and the headlight to get things aligned to pull the headlight straight forward), unplug the headlight, remove the outside latching mechanism you just pulled/pried up (7mm socket and four or so screws), then remove the lower rubber cap to gain access to the cornering bulb.

The two hardest parts will be removing the grill cause you swear you’re going to break it and pulling the tabs up to release the headlight (unless the owner is like me and has cleaned and greased the sliding mechanism). 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #627417 Mon Oct 17 2022 6:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1