RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > 1st batch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

Milky400

United Kingdom 

I have to disagree. As a bit of an audiophile, The system in my car is more than adequate which as a Dynamic SE assume I’d the basic system. Guess it depends on what you listen to? But I have listened a a vast range of different genre’s and all have been very crisp and balanced

My precious D5 had the all singing all dancing system and it’s not really any different I didn’t like the sound from the various function available in it. It’s a car, so you’ll always be limited.

These systems can also be very sensitive to quality of what’s being played into them.

Agree though, that if you have any disappointment, the rest of the car makes up for that.

Post #628945 Thu Dec 08 2022 1:50pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

I am glad you are happy with the sound system in your car, for most people it is indeed an acceptable experience, with an amp, many speakers and a decent end result overall regardless of music tastes and audiophile this or that and disagreeing or not. My father for example has been in the car many times already and wouldn’t have a clue what we are complaining about

My comment regarding the standard system not being up to scratch was simply down to the fact that on a car costing more than £100k, in the year 2022, it just isn’t.

Post #628947 Thu Dec 08 2022 3:33pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

But what aspects are “not upto scratch”? I don’t understand without context

The standard system knocks spots off my brothers Vorsprung Q8 thingy that’s retails at well over £100k. Yes his is louder and has a chavvy base much like my early years systems in the words of Baldrick “boom boom boom”, but the system in my RRS is far more balanced offering a much cleaner sound.

If JLR Didn’t originally offer an upgraded system, majority of people would not even batter an eyelid at it.

I guess it’s all in the eye (or ears) of the beholder… 🤪

Post #628948 Thu Dec 08 2022 3:48pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

I’ll try and give you some context.

If the system is tested/challenged or put under pressure with a decent stream of an ultra hd music file then it starts to show its limitations. anything above 20 or so on the volume level, distortion happens and clarity starts to reduce and you need to begin to reduce subwoofer/bass output to allow for this. The 825w system and above had a system called meridian surround which was designed to cope and adjust this on your behalf. The 3D surround system takes this to the next level as well. I was give a FF Range Rover for 3 days to use to drive to the preview event of the new sport in Manchester. I gave the system a thorough going over so i am speaking from a decent level of experience. Competent quality is also lower, cables not the same level of quality. The amp used is a single channel rather than twin channel. The list can go on.

Let’s not get too fickle over this though, my first edition is outstanding, however the sound system IMO isn’t up to scratch.

Post #628949 Thu Dec 08 2022 4:02pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Well I drove to the local dealer in my P400e and was listening to some music on the way.

I test drove a P510e AB and the audio was not so good, however after a while I guess my ears adapted to it and it seemed acceptable. It would certainly not stop me placing an order.

When I drove home the audio experience was certainly better. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #628978 Fri Dec 09 2022 5:11pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

Well I picked up my FE today.. What. A. Car. The levels of luxury, refinements and driving experience are absolutely miles ahead of the previous generation. Its just a wonderful place to be. Comfortable, powerful and quiet. The downgraded meridian is nothing to worry about as it’s definitely (to my ears) no worse than the 494 AB. Worst part of it was the filthy return journey but that’ll be sorted over the weekend.

All in all, well worth the money and im sure its right up there with much more expensive SUV’s ie Bentayga.

Post #629188 Fri Dec 16 2022 8:40pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Congrats DCP. Did you stick with Santorini and Ivory? Any pics you can post would be appreciated!

What do you think of the D350? I have a 510e on order … but keep coming back to thinking it is a load of complexity and weight that I just don’t need. I have started up (but not actually driven) a D350 Full Fat on the dealer’s forecourt and it seemed peachy. Current: Cayenne GTS (got fed up with waiting for LR to build my third RRS)
On order: RRS3 510e AB
Gone: RRS SDV8 AB, RRS SDV6, Vauxhall Nova 1.0, Nova 1.3 SR, Nova 1.4 SRi, Renault Laguna (why?), BMW 318is coupe (fabulous - despite having to buy a radio and tape player for it from Halfords), 323i saloon, 325ti compact (superb), 320td compact (awful), VW Golf 2.0d 4Motion (all the car you really need), BMW 120d compact (excellent), 118d compact (slow), 335d coupe (rapid)

Post #629255 Mon Dec 19 2022 12:44pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

Post #629268 Mon Dec 19 2022 2:15pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Lovely car DCP, I’m really pleased with mine

A lot more Range Rover than sport this time if you know what I mean.

Post #629269 Mon Dec 19 2022 2:22pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

I know what you mean about more range rover.. The 350 is a huge improvement over the SDV6.. throaty as well

Post #629276 Mon Dec 19 2022 5:34pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

I’ve had sdv6, d300 then this d350. Seems a peach of an engine and as you say very throaty too. Mpg hasn’t been too bad either.

Im just back from the high school dance run, I took my daughter and 3 of her friends, they all said the car was amazing - another test passed! 😆

Post #629283 Mon Dec 19 2022 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567