2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have a P400e HSE Dynamic on order with

Heated steering wheel
Front Console Fridge
Premium Carpet Mats
Park Pack
Privacy Glass
Drive Pack

I ordered on 22nd June and current build date is 15th October.

I beleive 360 cameras AND HUD are want cause really long lead time. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #616369 Wed Aug 04 2021 1:30pm
Neoto

Curious to know more about 360 camera delays... I tried to order a p400e with this option last week and my dealer told me it's been discontinued on any vehicles that don't have this as standard as part of a trim level or presumably as part of a pack, so I wasn't able to order it. Anyone else been told this recently?

Post #616545 Thu Aug 12 2021 12:35pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I did not order 360 cameras because they are not very good, nothing to do with the delay.

I would have a look at a car with them and then decide, compared to BMW, Mercedes, etc they are poor in my opinion. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #616546 Thu Aug 12 2021 1:13pm
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I ordered a HST first week July. Was quoted December delivery. Updated yesterday to Feb-22 delivery 🤬

I know it’s an industry issue with chips, but I’m not happy! By the time I get it they will probably be releasing the replacement model.

This will be my third RRS and I did consider BMWs and Porkers this time round, but ultimately decided that I’d stay loyal to British manufacturing 🙄 Current: Cayenne GTS (got fed up with waiting for LR to build my third RRS)
On order: RRS3 510e AB
Gone: RRS SDV8 AB, RRS SDV6, Vauxhall Nova 1.0, Nova 1.3 SR, Nova 1.4 SRi, Renault Laguna (why?), BMW 318is coupe (fabulous - despite having to buy a radio and tape player for it from Halfords), 323i saloon, 325ti compact (superb), 320td compact (awful), VW Golf 2.0d 4Motion (all the car you really need), BMW 120d compact (excellent), 118d compact (slow), 335d coupe (rapid)

Post #616559 Fri Aug 13 2021 10:44am
harisson

Switzerland 

@Cooperman

yes, that's a pitty, but.. what can we do?
I set the order on 24th of March and the car "should" arrive in November. was shifted from July to August, from August to "undefined" and then back to November.

I doubt that the RRS will come in 2022. if the FFRR comes in 22, than you can count that the RRS will come in 2023 (18 months later) Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #616613 Mon Aug 16 2021 9:14am
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Ordered early feb car due end of June then pushed back to July 27th and told build has been confirmed only to be told yesterday that pushed back to mid September. How the hell can jlr push back a build date a week from starting the build. I have a senior contact at jlr and he is currently abroad and has promised to look into this as the order should not have been pushed back so close to the build date. I think maybe the dealership has used my build slot to sell a car at full price as I was given a 13.5k discount on my order most likely because the chip shortage was not a big deal at the time/

Anyone else had the same happen to them so close to the build date ?

Post #616692 Thu Aug 19 2021 8:57pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Could be the dealer but I doubt it in this case.

Mine was confirmed for start of August build then got unslotted and pushed back so who knows.

I'm beginning to think if it slips much more I might just cancel it and get something else until the new one comes out end of next year/start of 2023;

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-car...ed-testing

"The third-generation Range Rover Sport has been spotted in a heavy camouflage wrap, with the car expected to make its global debut in the latter stages of 2022"

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/land-rover/r...y-svr-trim

"The next-generation Range Rover Sport is expected to make its debut at the end of 2022, where it will rival everything from the BMW X5 to the pure-electric Audi e-tron" Non JLR Vehicle

Post #616721 Fri Aug 20 2021 11:03pm
GV

United Kingdom 
Just sold mine! This is an honest comment

I loved it but the dealer bought it back and has now got it advertised for the same price I bought it for 15 months ago! The number of little niggles was a factor. Why does the touch screen go off and the second screen flash.? Why does the sunroof always rattle? Why am I always nervous reversing? Why do other people look disapprovingly at RRS owners? Don’t get me wrong, I loved it and worked hard to buy it, but they kept offering mad money to buy it back and the RR sport is, unfortunately, flawed. I will look long and hard at the Mk 3. In the meantime, we will watch and wait. Thanks

Post #616722 Fri Aug 20 2021 11:33pm
DangerMouseUK

I think I jinxed myself with that post.

Got a call today to say my car has been pushed back again to the end of November.

I'm now thinking of cancelling to be honest, the new one will be annouced a few months after mine eventually turns up!

Car was originally due in a few days time and has been confirmed for build twice now and then unslotted and kicked back a month or so each time.

Another car that was ordered the same time as mine with a few different options was kicked back once and is now going into build, so I have no idea what is going on anymore. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #616735 Sat Aug 21 2021 11:23pm
harisson

Switzerland 

just a short information

had an exchange with the dealer last week. now, it's the second month that my order IS NOT changed. still "last amandement on 8.9.21 / build on 8.10.21"
the dealer is really confident, that it will not change and that I can receive my car in the beginning of November (wait duration 8 months).

the salesman told me that some options are only available with packages and not anymore as a "standalone" option. I suppose for example the 360 cams.. I ordered it without a package..
he promised me, that my car will be build as ordered. Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #616754 Mon Aug 23 2021 10:09am
DangerMouseUK

harisson,

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been told if your car isn't being built this week then any date past that point is a best-case guess as opposed to solid.

Out of interest does your car have a Heads Up Display or 360 Surround Camera option? as I understand it these are the big show stoppers on the RRS, there are other parts as well but I think its those two options causing the main issues. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #616762 Mon Aug 23 2021 4:51pm
harisson

Switzerland 

@DangerMouseUK
I suppose that in this moment every date is a "variable date". my build-sheet is twice in a row stable. the salesman is confident, that the build will happen at 8.10.2021. I am waiting now that the "last amendment date" goes over (8.9.2021).

yes, I have the surround cameras and headup
Since April I know that the cameras are affected. Since July that headup is also affected. Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #616779 Tue Aug 24 2021 9:34am
Eagle77

England 

A browse of the Discovery or Velar forums shows the same issue affecting everyone. Its not just LR though - I know people whose orders have simply been cancelled and spec like cameras and advanced safety features simply dropped and not available to order (Volvo) and my neighbour's Mercedes has been delayed and delayed and delayed. I think I was very lucky to get my RRS in June with the 360 cameras and drive pro pack! MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #616796 Tue Aug 24 2021 4:45pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

DangerMouseUK wrote:
harisson,

Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I've been told if your car isn't being built this week then any date past that point is a best-case guess as opposed to solid.

Out of interest does your car have a Heads Up Display or 360 Surround Camera option? as I understand it these are the big show stoppers on the RRS, there are other parts as well but I think its those two options causing the main issues.

Looks like we are both in the same boat. My car was meant to be built this week but got a call last week saying delayed till 1st October. I have the 360 camera and heads up display so maybe that’s why but I placed my order 9th feb so have been waiting a while.

Post #616803 Wed Aug 25 2021 1:32am
harisson

Switzerland 

@rrsfan
here too... placed order on 24th of March
was told somewhen in May if I deselect the 360 cams the car could arrive in August. If I keep it, they couldn't tell if it will arrive in 2021.
I have nothing changed on my config and kept it..

my sister has ordered a BMW M340i by end of May. got it mid of July. BMW has/had also issues with parts - her car was delivered without cams. the dealer dismantled the cams from the front grill and mirrors from another car and installed into hers. then BMW coded the car to be like from factory. crazy!
I was there during delivery and the dealer told me that they will deliver all cars now (14.7.21) and then they will not get any cars until October Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #616804 Wed Aug 25 2021 6:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 13 <123 45 ... 111213>