RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > JLR Dashcam
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Ratkat

United Kingdom 

I have done it my current MY19 and in my previous MY16, pretty straight forward although getting through the rubber is a tad awkward, a stiff draw wire and plenty of WD40 did the trick.
I mounted my rear camera at the bottom of the window to avoid the dirt etc missed by the wiper, a small hole in the bottom trim and a grommet, you can hardly see it.
I have a Thinkware F800 Pro, the rear camera is pretty discreet and great HD quality.

I don’t have pictures of my current install but these were from the MY16:

MY19 RRS Autobiography Dynamic 3.0 sdv6, Carpathian Grey, black pan roof, black pack, black 22’s, black side steps, ebony/ebony interior
—————
2019 Westfield FW Special Edition, fully loaded 180bhp
—————
MY18 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine R-Design Pro, fully loaded, Polestar (404 Bhp) - GONE
—————
MY16 RRS Autobiography Dynamic, Firenze red, black pan roof, satin black 507's with satin black stealth pack, ebony and ivory interior. GONE

Post #610862 Mon Mar 01 2021 9:54pm
Damon White

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
JLR Dashcam on Ebay

Hi,
Just seen this on Ebay. JLR dashcam for £360 Brand new
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R4...p;_sacat=0
Damon

Post #610879 Tue Mar 02 2021 10:34am
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

The Fleabay item plus at least a couple of hours fitting @ average LR dealer prices (inc VAT) means the brochure price of £693 “fitted” isn’t far off.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #610886 Tue Mar 02 2021 11:56am
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

MrM wrote:
I think the most interesting thing here is the guide to installing the rear camera. Looks like if you remove the spoiler you can get access to inside the headlining and also be able to route through the rubber grommet and into the tailgate. Don’t suppose anyone has done this?

Should save in having lots of loose floppy cable hanging around.

I did this on my car. I think it's the most common method for installation of the rear cam on the RRS. Removing the spoiler is relatively easy - Powerful UK have a good video on YouTube.

Post #610891 Tue Mar 02 2021 12:43pm
MrM

How easy was it to feed the usb cable through the rubber grommet once the spoiler was off?

Post #610897 Tue Mar 02 2021 3:34pm
jd2uk

United Kingdom 

Easy enough, but you'll need to use something to push it through. If you use a wire coat hanger make sure the end doesn't have any sharp edges (wrap plenty of electrical tape around it) and go gently - you don't want to damage the insulation on any of the wires in the original loom

Post #610900 Tue Mar 02 2021 5:26pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

PowerfulUK have a comparison of the LR camera and an off the shelf NextBase unit in this video.

Comparison starts at 10.52. I have to say that it looks like the LR unit isn't that great in this comparison. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #611153 Mon Mar 08 2021 10:34am
pjbracer1

England 

I got Blackvue DR750CHS 4K Colour/night, wifi and BT front and rear and they were about £280 for the pair and the power, got a local sparks to tap into the power above the rearview mirror and all works great, the only Censored I wish I did do was pay for the battery pack so I could do the parking mode, there is an add on for it that uses the OBD port, the cameras are smart in such that if the have a feed direct to the battery with no ignition they sense a low battery and will shut down, I just didnt like the idea of a flat battery knowing how these things chew through them.

Didnt know there was a battery pack for my set up so shoudl have bought that too! Also if you have WIFI in the car the main cam links to it and will alert you via the cloud and you cna also view them if the car was driving aroudn too (if it hasnt been unplugged (there is a cover for that but garages dont liek them being on whilest they are working on them)

PowerfulUK did a vid on the install but it does seem a touch steep. Park mode is a good idea but you just know the one time you want to catch some a h ol e damaging your car it wont get it and most of the time its door openers on the side panels!

On the plus side I got £67 back on my insurance cos I told them there was a dash cam fitted so maybe its worth it over a few years!

I think Balck Vue were the ones LR recommended a while back as Ie seen quite a few with the older BV models.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blackvue-DR750S...1ccc702aff

Ignore the refurb I spoke with the guy and he said they are mainly open box un registered and come with the same full warranty as a new one, and they actually do I registered mine and its covered. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #612131 Tue Mar 30 2021 9:51pm
Harveyp500

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
JLR WARRANTY AND DASHCAMS

Hi Guys,

I spoke to the JLR warranty bunch last year with regard to having a front and rear set fitted by the RAC in my 18 plate RRS and they stated that it could invalidate the warranty"should" the work carried out be the cause or "suspected" cause of any issues with the vehicle if it was taken to the dealership while still under LR warranty witch which to me says that it could give them the excuse not to cover any issues linked to the electrical system and controls. They also put that in writing to me via e-mail. 2023 D350 FIRST EDITION, SANTORINI WITH CLOUD/EBONY
2009 2.7 TDV6 HSE SANTORINI BLACK
2020 p400e Autobiography Santorini

GONE
2018 3.0 SDV6 AUTOBIOGRAPHY, CARPATHIAN GREY, SANTORINI PAN ROOF, IVORY INTERIOR. Now gone but will be missed, Cracking motor.
2015 3.0 SDv6 HSE DYNAMIC CORRIS
2014 3.0 SDV6 HSE FUJI WHITE CONTRAST SANTORINI PAN ROOF.
Evoque 2.2 d Pure Tech Auto
P38 4.0 HSE
Disco 2.5 d XS

Post #612344 Wed Apr 07 2021 11:37am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

scarey wrote:
am i the only one thats happy with my £17 ebay dashcam and thinks this LR one is a bit expensive ...

I'm with you, its a dashcam, I'm not filming the next Tom Cruise blockbuster. As long as it works fine, I will probably never look at the footage after trying it out. (Unless there is an accident) Mine is a bit more than £17 but less than £35 from memory. Starts fine, films fine with good definition reads number plates, switches off fine. & its nice and small

Post #612345 Wed Apr 07 2021 12:54pm
abiopete

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Anyone know how to export a video from the app? Managed to download it to the iPhone but cant figure out how to send it.. L494 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Chile Red (Current)
L320 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Baltic Blue (RIP 29/03/2021 insurance total loss)

Post #612813 Tue Apr 20 2021 12:07pm
pjbracer1

England 

can you browse the footage in photos/videos on the iphone? maybe try save to files (which you can then send on) Or does it have a cloud option so that you can upload to the cloud when you are at home on your wifi and initiate it from the app on your phone perhaps.

The BLackVuew ones can do this but also they all will have a micro SD card so probably quickest just to take that out and put in a PC or laptop as it will be cable speed quick rather than over the air speeds. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #612814 Tue Apr 20 2021 12:29pm
abiopete

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

No, not as far as i can see. You have the option to download the video from the webcam to the device but as far as i can see its only visible through the app. Definitely nothing in the pictures folder

I've had to resort to the phones native screen recording app to send it on but one of the reasons i bought the webcam is the fact it was controlled from an app and there's no messing with memory cards. L494 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Chile Red (Current)
L320 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Baltic Blue (RIP 29/03/2021 insurance total loss)

Post #612816 Tue Apr 20 2021 1:40pm
pjbracer1

England 

Check the app settings and see if it has access to your photos on the iphone if that has been denied then it will store them inside the app I suspect. (have you connected the phone to a PC or and seen if you can browse it? Seems odd that is wouldnt allow you to email or send them on somewhere, only thing I cant think is that when it intstalled it didnt ask for access to the photos folder on your phone which I would naturally deny unless I had a reason!

Maybe there is a setting somewhere in the app to change the storage location

might be worth looking at the powerfulUK video on it and maybe asking them the question or LR if you can get hold of someone who knows about it that is!

Good luck If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #612818 Tue Apr 20 2021 3:11pm
rjwojcik

United Kingdom 

Any ideas what make the JLR dash cams might be?

Post #621947 Tue Feb 15 2022 9:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>