Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 2016 SVR Suspension Fault In Freezing Temps Only
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carlos50

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
2016 SVR Suspension Fault In Freezing Temps Only

Hi all

New to me 2016 SVR has as suspension faults twice this week when temperatures were below zero. First time I started it up in the morning and the error message showed and the buttons in the console to raise and lower had no function and no illumination to indicate hight position then after about 20 seconds or so the button illumination came back, the suspension fault message cleared and all was fine.

Today same thing happened again but didn’t clear after 20 seconds so I set off slowly thinking it would sort itself out but it stayed with the fault message although didn’t really feel that different. Got to a friends house 10 mins away turned it off and on again and fault cleared, drove off then as the car lifted back to normal height the error came back, turned off then on again and ok after that for the rest of the day. When the fault message showed it was locking out the height adjustment with the button.

Its fine in milder temperatures, but with winter about here dont want constant fault messages, anyone have this happen to know whats up, battery maybe? Car wasnt in use for a good 6 months pre purchase so wondering if it cant keep a full charge? I also have a blocked radar message for the active cruise and intelligent emergency braking/forward alert.

Its booked in to the dealers next Friday for brake replacement but hoping I can get some sound advice here first please? I dont own a battery tester annoyingly.

Thanks

Carl

Post #590169 Sat Nov 09 2019 9:02pm
Chugga90

England 

Probably something related to the air compressor for the suspension. Not sure where they live on this model.
However my 2013 Discovery 4 has done this twice in the three and a bit years I have owned it.
Really frosty morning parked in different location or facing opposite direction to normal.
The same issue.
Something like only normal height available and warning lights. First occasion drove about 50 miles, parked up. Did what I was doing. On return to vehicle all normal.
Second time only drove 20 miles, next time I moved on it was normal.

I think it is something to do with the exhaust valve or the air drying inlet? But not got to the bottom of it as it has not actually failed.
However the lying, good for little LR dealer should be able to blag their way out of it. Or cost the warranty company for the privilege? Thumbs Up

Post #590182 Sun Nov 10 2019 9:03am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

L494 suspension compressor is in the boot under the carpeted boot floor where the spare wheel lives- have to remove both to get clear access to the battery......... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #590185 Sun Nov 10 2019 9:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
carlos50

I was assuming a faulty compressor would throw errors more regularly than just cold morning start ups?

Will ask LR to read the codes on Friday, car wasn’t purchased through LR main agent but is only 2 weeks old to me so will go back to the supplying prestige dealer, they've already coughed up for some fixes and they put an RAC warranty on it

Thanks

Post #590186 Sun Nov 10 2019 9:59am
Dave B

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Any moisture in an air tank will freeze, ususally in the valve that the air exits the tank.

Best to change the air decasient filter as soon as possible as when the valve does open moisture will travel to all parts downstream of the tank. Have no idea where it is on the car though.

In heavy vehicles (trucks) these get changed usually every two years unless minus temperatures are experienced more, in which case it is annually. 2010 3.6 TDV8 HSE (Gone)
2011 Discovery 4 Commercial SDV6 (Gone)
1980 OBLIC 4.0ltr Range Rover (went a long time ago)

Post #590189 Sun Nov 10 2019 10:23am
carlos50

No idea about the filter Dave B, thanks for the advice will certainly ask the question

Post #590259 Mon Nov 11 2019 1:52pm
carlos50

Well it showed the fault again this morning, but this time it was 5 degrees outside so no freezing conditions to deal with.

Anyone?

Thanks

Post #590403 Thu Nov 14 2019 12:28pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Low battery throws all sorts of faults.
- depletes when colder.

Maybe that. 2022 P440e AB

Post #590413 Thu Nov 14 2019 9:39pm
carlos50

I also have a fault with the intelligent emergency braking and active cruise, Id be really relieved if it ends up being a simple batter issue

Post #590414 Thu Nov 14 2019 10:39pm
carlos50

Diagnosed as a blocked exhaust in the air compressor so the compressor cant vent when it needs to and it triggers a fault, they corrode apparently and the corrosion starts to cause a blockage, LR have changed the design on newer cars

Post #590526 Sun Nov 17 2019 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1