RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Another crank failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213

pjbracer1

England 

Hmmm thats interesting too, I used to go out on a Sat morning if I hant done many miles and just give it a bit of a motorway cruise and it seemed to do something, I used the Gap tool to check and the distance since last regen did change. I think it was something Pat was trying to see if he could introduce as a feature to be able to force a regen to start (or at least trick the car into it) So that you could kick one off when you know you were going on a bit of a run (it should I guess happen naturally when conditions meet but like you say not much logic to it or the programmers or project managers who decided to hide the fact the car mght have triggered the process to the user just so you knew! The ideal would have been to make it an OK or cancel Option on the dash that way you could of had say a few cancels before it forced it, bit like a Windows or IOS update!

Instead they made the car bong to tell you the door is open when the engine is running which is handy to know opened the door by choice!

My car is now ready for collection on Saturday morning. Be glad to get it back but saddened I doubt I will notice any difference as the engine wasnt exactly rough beofre it blew (or maybe it was and I didnt know any difference! Laughing) If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Last edited by pjbracer1 on Thu Jun 17 2021 7:06pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #614872 Thu Jun 17 2021 7:01pm
AnotherMutley

United Kingdom 

Used to notice that on my D4, just driven from deepest Hampshire to Kent, go to reverse in my parking bay and you could hear the exhaust note change, didn't stop the engine, back out again for another run at a set speed. But why can't LR put as pjbracer has said a little thing in the display showing regen in progress, do not turn off engine. I don't think they do oil testing but I have been told that they do pull the filter out occasionally and check for signs of metal in the folds, I suppose how diligent the techs are.

Post #614873 Thu Jun 17 2021 7:02pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Now I really don’t understand what’s going on, just been speaking with a guy with a 2016 D4, he ended up on the big yellow taxi a couple of weeks ago to his local dealer. JLR are picking up the tab in its entirety, I don't believe he has a warranty! He said he had researched the bulletin that is out but I think it is more down to how the dealer puts it to JLR than anything else. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #614876 Thu Jun 17 2021 8:49pm
pjbracer1

England 

To be fair I suspected this too if the dealer goes in at full price thinking as it a low miler with full LRSH they are gonna get a pay day so to speak as they only claim it from LR HQ, But mine for instance was about £18K all in at that time and as mine is an early model and not bought via a AU agent they basically say FO Thumbs Up Juts change the finger on the little guy to the left!

But when rejected they drop the price down to £16K then we got down to £13600 but that is the dealer doing the deal as they are just a garage!

Its a bit like having a ding on the door if you are paying then its a mister dent but if its someone elses insurance then it back to a main agent or one of the best! I think the dealer know its a cash cow if they can get assistance it they go high and LR offer 20% the customer thinks 20% is better than nothing but the dealer cleans up as the price was high and you are paying anyway.

Be interesting if you could get me some details abotu or give my contact deets to the guy so he could gimme a call if that possible.

It seems off that some get a deal and other dont and I was pretty understanding at first beofre getting a bit more forceful and it made no difference to the guy I dealt with he was clearly a male dangly part! and considering I bet the cost of engine replacement isnt far off his salary and its not even his money! They could just comeback with a low ball offer and stick at that!

I'm not finished yet just wnat to get the car back, what worse is my other halfs brother in law works for them, but he had a stroke tail end of last year out of the blue so dont really want to bother him.

Great CS from LR HQ again! I bet the D4 had a few more miles on it too! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #614877 Thu Jun 17 2021 9:12pm
pjbracer1

England 

Well she is back and all seems good engine pulls well (maybe mind over matter but does feel a little bit more torqy!)

Couple of things that are adrift after the process outside of my bank balance!

AC has an issue (I think the gas has leaked out so must be a slow leak somethwhere as I thought the system was a vacuum)

And the Tracking seems to pull a little to the left so not sure if this was when its been shuved around the tow truck etc... or if they have knocked it when they too the engine out.

They will fix it so will take it back Friday (they are gonna get me a car even though they dont have any courtesy one around for a month) The guy Im dealing with seems to be on it which is good. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #614982 Mon Jun 21 2021 12:08pm
Heremyjill

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Very happy for you to get your pride and joy back.

I am sure almost everybody on this forum (who have not already encountered the issue) are hoping that it does not ever happen to them "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB
Now 2018MY Ford Fiesta ST Line 140bhp
Gone 2006MY BMW X5 3.0d Le Mans
Gone 2001MY BMW 530d Estate

Post #614985 Mon Jun 21 2021 12:16pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yeah wouldnt wish it on anyone! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #614990 Mon Jun 21 2021 12:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 13 of 13 <123 ... 111213