RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Restricted performance but no limp mode
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

thejack

Italy 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Restricted performance but no limp mode

Hi Gents, I know that without a clear picture of the codes it ain't easy to sort the fault out but, I hope someone else has gone through the same issue as the one I'm experiencing right now.

I own a 2012 RRS L320 SDV6, 190k km, timing belt and fuel pump belt just done. I previously had the oil sensor error yellow triangle lit up and now also the restricted performance is popping up, but the car doesn't go in limp mode, and performance is not affected in any way. Now, my question is: could the oil sensor issue trigger the restricted performance alarm even if the engine runs well? Are the two of them linked in any way? Brought the car to a Land Rover shop and the guy told me that might be a bunch of costly things to do on the car, such as a turbo pressure valve, cracked inlet air intake, maf and another couple of dear stuff around the dpf or exhaust line. He however didn't show me the codes or print them, and that made my doubts rise up.

I will make the oil sensor job when they're gonna call me in but I'm not sure if I want them to randomly replace costly things to delete the restricted performance fault which could be a consequence of a much more simple issue. Has anyone gone through this and solved it? If so, how you did do it? Thanks in advance

Post #627637 Tue Oct 25 2022 9:57am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

As you said, without the codes it could be mild to wild. Could be a loose clip on a hose, a split hose, a faulty IAP sensor, split manifold, faulty secondary turbo solenoid, loose/split vacuum line, split throttle body, bad throttle body seal, and more. Need the codes to get some direction. As a quick visual you can look for oil/soot around the inlet manifolds. Only requires removing the oil cap and top cover. The typical side for splits is the right side as you look at the engine. If there’s oil in the valley on top of the oil cooler you probably need a throttle body or at the least a seal kit. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #628162 Sat Nov 12 2022 8:47am
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

The only time I've ever seen an RP message on the dash, but no reduction in performance was with a faulty fuel filter housing

Oil lever sensor issues don't normally cause RP faults, but don't discount it Thumbs Up

Post #628170 Sat Nov 12 2022 3:03pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I had this with a sdv6 & it was the flap in the throttle body sticking. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #628225 Sun Nov 13 2022 9:52pm
thejack

Thank you all, guys. As soon as I get the iCarsoft I will be able to read all the codes to better address the root cause. In the meantime, I'm gonna check all your precious advice!

Best to all

Post #628232 Mon Nov 14 2022 12:17pm
thejack

Disco_Mikey wrote:
The only time I've ever seen an RP message on the dash, but no reduction in performance was with a faulty fuel filter housing

Oil lever sensor issues don't normally cause RP faults, but don't discount it Thumbs Up

I want to update this post and thank Mikey for his huge help on that issue, which has been solved by replacing the entire fuel filter assembly. Thanks, man!!!

Post #638667 Wed Jan 10 2024 11:58am
Phil2k

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I get this with mine, it comes back as water In the fuel, common issue with the fuel filter sensor. There is no water in

Post #638849 Mon Jan 15 2024 9:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1