RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Do you trust your RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

83series3

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

love it .... you can get lots of stuff under those seats ..... my family called it the 'Range Rover Library'

Post #636129 Mon Sep 25 2023 11:54am
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Do you trust your RRS

DaveTDV8 wrote:
I have a 2010 TDV8 which I have owned for a couple of years with no issues to speak of. Its got just under 90000 on the clock. I use the car for all my running around etc. I also own a van which I use for fishing trips to France 3 or 4 times a year. These trips are normally to the south of France so can be 1600 miles return. The van is getting near the end of its life now and I want to get shot of it. So my question to you lot is, would you trust your or my RRS to do these journeys. Will probably need to tow a trailer to carry the gear.
Has anyone had issues breaking down abroad where the vehicle has been taken to a LR garage?

Thanks in advance

Bought mine with 92k on it 13 years ago. I have been to south of France a number of times but the most regular "long" journey (as in not from London to Wales regularly) has been to my mothers in Ireland - generally a 500 mile in a day trip and then back. Many times (long and short journeys) I've been towing stuff - 500kg trailer and 1.5t+ load. In this 13 years (and 85k ish miles) its never failed to get me there and back home again.
I tend to deal with dash lights and major faults etc but otherwise its serviced every so often and gets used for green laning/otherwise abused.
Don't overthink it, just go where you want but ensure you've got AA/RAC whatever if it does go wrong Smile

Post #636142 Mon Sep 25 2023 9:02pm
83series3

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just reporting in after my Halifax commute ..... 539 miles today (M2, A2, M25, M11, A1(M), M62 - M62, M1, M25,A2, M2)... as always, a couple of things to think about / action .... got to Halifax and refuelled .... fuel cover refused to open for a while - forgot that I bodged the known failure a couple of years ago, so will buy/fit the replacement part in due course.

Additionally, the steering started to feel a bit 'odd' on the way home - can't put my finger on it, but slightly 'dead' feel - wonder if the pump's on its way out - will take a look at the weekend and see if there's anything obvious.

Super-comfy, and relaxing to waft in, as always - no need to stress over the bad drivers you inevitably endure, just sit back, chill, and enjoy the tea / water / cooled beverage from the fridge.

Not an RRS issue, but do need to sort out my choice of radio for these long trips - Radio 2 becomes white noise after a while .... same old news reports etc!

Post #636178 Tue Sep 26 2023 11:14pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

For the radio issue, I use a Bluetooth module plugged into the AUX 3.5mm jack and stream Spotify exclusively. This fixes a few problems for me; 1) I really dislike listening to people talk on the radio when I want to listen to music. 2) I pay the cheap Spotify subscription fee so I don’t have to listen to commercials, see number one. 3) Growing up in So Cal through the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s my taste in music is absolutely nowhere near what is played on just about any radio station in Europe. 4) If I don’t want to listen to it I can skip it, unlike a lecture from my wife. 5) I get the same music regardless of where I am in the world (as long as Spotify is available). 6) Sound quality is typically very good. Anyway, that’s been my solution. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #636180 Wed Sep 27 2023 5:13am
LesW

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

2015 SDV6 3.0. 80,000m

We've just made a trip from the Mayenne to Cheshire and back covering around 1,500 miles in all.

Averaged 36.2 going and 35.4 returning with a DPF warning and restricted performance after filling up with Shell Vmax, that appeared just after getting on the M6, weird and annoying, although my Autel cleared it when we got home.

Apart from that, it has an intermittent drivers heated seat problem, but nothing else, it runs like a dream and is a real pleasure to drive, so yes, we trust it.

P.S. To Stevepd. We're not far from Brece, Fougerolles du Plessis. That road from Brece to Mayenne is great, especially in my Aston. 2015 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6
2015 Aston Martin Vanquish
2010 Jaguar XFR Le Mans
2001 Volvo V70

Post #636186 Wed Sep 27 2023 8:33am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

NoExpert wrote:
I pay the cheap Spotify subscription fee so I don’t have to listen to commercials, see number one.

How much are you paying per month, if you don't mind saying?

I use the free Spotify on my laptop and the ads are annoying but I don't listen to it every day so I can put up with them. But I might go down the paid-for Spotify route if I get much more annoyed with radio.

An alternative for me (well, us when we are on a trip together) is to play podcasts through Bluetooth from the phone. But not so good if you're not a spoken word listener as you aren't. Laughing 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #636211 Thu Sep 28 2023 10:49am
LesW

France 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm a Spotify user too, it's just gone up to £10.99 per month. I can handle that as we play classical stuff every evening during dinner, so for us it's worth it. 2015 RRS HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6
2015 Aston Martin Vanquish
2010 Jaguar XFR Le Mans
2001 Volvo V70

Post #636212 Thu Sep 28 2023 11:42am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

I pay 19.99zł per month or the equivalent of about £4.

See, another factor is I rode my R1 in CA as it was my only vehicle. So I’m also used to no music at all, just the sound of wind and the engine.

I would have to be really interested in the topic to listen to talk while driving. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #636215 Thu Sep 28 2023 3:57pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

You can download a ''Cracked'' App file and get it for free Whistle not perfect but works o.k. on Android

Cheers
Col

Post #636217 Thu Sep 28 2023 11:20pm
TGJ

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Bit early to say with the one I’ve just got but I’ve got an early 90s Landcruiser as a backup just in case!, very different cars, both great in their own way and both have their downsides.

Post #636349 Wed Oct 04 2023 9:01am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

LesW wrote:

P.S. To Stevepd. We're not far from Brece, Fougerolles du Plessis. That road from Brece to Mayenne is great, especially in my Aston.

We love it there, if only I could convince my wife but at the moment she says no Big Cry 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #636369 Wed Oct 04 2023 6:56pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

MY10.5 TDv6

We just did 2,100 km one way from Airlie Beach to Sydney in the wife’s Rangie
and there was no issue on the trip, it has done 190,000 km’s. Whist in Sydney
we had a major service done last week and 3 days later we got the dreaded
Restricted Performance warning, rocker cover cracked it seems.. and a very large bill
to replace Big Cry .. The return journey of 2100 kms is in two weeks, so hopefully after
fitting a new AC compressor, Alternator, Coolant outlet in the last 8 months and now the
rocker/manifold covers and oil cooler, it should get us home.. fingers crossed Whistle

Usually we are confident in the vehicles ability for long range trips, it’s done quite a few in its
lifetime, but next time we will take the Defender, at least that is under warranty Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #636814 Tue Oct 24 2023 9:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12