Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Our New (to us) RRS 2008 Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey
Our New (to us) RRS 2008 Supercharged

Hi All,

Here is our new to us 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged in Stornoway Grey, its covered just over 85000 and is in really quite good shape, excellent service history, main dealer, and then indie, excuse the photo - its a bit wet and windy here !

We have owned many Land Rovers and Range Rovers (Still have several P38s and a soft dash classic) so fully aware of the all the problems etc. but this is a replacement for a Disco 3.

I've already changed back to 'standard' grill and vents as the non-original ones were a bit too shiny and plastic for my liking and thankfully the previous owner had kept the original and gave them to us. Thumbs Up

I've given it scan with IID and found a couple of comms errors but nothing else, and everything else (at the moment!) is working fine, even the TV and DVD system in the back !

I'll be putting new tyres on in the next few days.

I wonder if anyone has advice on the things to go on the immediate to do list ? - Here is my (shortened) version - feel free to give suggestions (within reason!) - in no particular order ;

Short term

Check sunroof drains for blockage
Get it serviced by my trusted Indie (even though its got a good service history - piece of mind for us)
Gearbox oil change
Diff oils & transfer etc.
Check spare wheel 'hoist' operation and grease it
Clean underneath and (I think) Lanoguard it - read the reviews / usage on here and think I'll give it a go - if anyone has any feedback Lanoguard I'd be interested
Remove side trims and Lanoguard

Medium Term

When the winter is over get the rims re done and powder coated
Get small car park ding done in drivers side passenger door (me being picky)

Longer-term

Possible radio upgrade (miss DAB) - soooo confused about this - any advice from anyone ?
Possible side trim upgrade to colour coded

But that's about it.

Why did we go for a late(ish) 4.2 rather than a newer 5.0 - simple really after talking with my indie and looking around on here and other forums - we wanted a supercharger and finding one with an absolute guarantee on the timing chain guides being done is as rare as hens teeth and so we plumped for the 4.2 rather than getting a new card and then having the work done to ensure that the guides were OK - call me risk averse but having had to rebuild our D3 after an oil pump failure I didn't want to go through anything like that again !

Cheers everyone

Post #621982 Thu Feb 17 2022 12:32pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hiya and welcome to the forum. Pull out the cabin filter (behind the lower glove box) and see if it’s wet or dry. Equally the front passenger carpet, dry/wet? 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #621986 Thu Feb 17 2022 4:38pm
RutlandBoy

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Stornoway Grey

Hi,

Both are dry and no sign of water ingress that I can see, having had problems on the Disco 3 sunroof (and a BMW 7 series!) - I thought I'd check the drains as a preventative measure Wink , but open to any advice !

Post #622007 Fri Feb 18 2022 10:27am
quietabitpoorer

United Kingdom 

Hi i went for the 4.2 for the same reason and actually thought the price difference between the 4.2 and the l320 5.0 was pretty substantial, sometimes double the price. i did full service on mine and just had it dinitrol under coated. i did replace the sat nav unit for one that runs apple play as the sat nav is terrible and means can use spotify etc. i went with https://unique-ad.co.uk/product/discovery-...6gEALw_wcB

but you do lose the offroad screen and settings etc.

Post #624237 Thu May 12 2022 3:27pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I fitted an Incartec double din kit and an Alpine Car Play unit (you can obviously get DAB HUs). You keep the Nav/4x4 info by cannibalising the OE stereo and essentially keeping the heart of it. Works a treat and with the addition of a small amp, you can power the rear sub.

Loads of info and how-tos if you do a search

Post #624242 Fri May 13 2022 9:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1