RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BJH1959

Portugal 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Click image to enlarge

17 years old today. Had her for over 5 years now. Best car I've ever owned. Barrie.
2005 RRS 2.7TDV6 from 2017 -2024. Best car I ever had.
Current: 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 3.2

Post #624764 Mon Jun 13 2022 3:05pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Blimey mate and it looks well, especially in the local sunshine Thumbs Up 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #624771 Mon Jun 13 2022 6:30pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Congratulations and happy Birthday!
I felt the same as you when my one reached 17, still looked and drove amazing and I had it for 5 years too!
Here's to many more happy years for you. Very Happy 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #624772 Mon Jun 13 2022 7:09pm
BJH1959

Thanks guys.

I try to keep it nice. The only visible marks and scars on it are from Censored cats and birds! After getting great advice on this forum just after I bought it I splashed out on a major service by a great indie. To date that has proved to be an investment. I love driving it and it's perfect for here. Just sailed through the annual inspection after fitting 4 new tyres. No advisories. 94000 miles on the clock. Very Happy

If I can (literally) steer clear of the idiots on the roads I hope to have it for a lot longer.

There aren't many of these around here in the north of Portugal and it does turn a few heads. I was lucky to find a great garage about 30 miles away. They have some brilliant old school mechanics... one of those places where if they can't get a part they make it! Not that I've needed a lot.

You read some horror stories on here so I do consider myself fortunate all things considered. Barrie.

Post #624774 Mon Jun 13 2022 8:57pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Have you tinted your windows for all that sunshine?. Alloys suite the car and obviously cairns blue is king Very Happy 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #624780 Tue Jun 14 2022 5:22am
BJH1959

Hi Stevepd.

When I bought the car the rear windows were tinted, but during the importation process here the Portuguese authorities declared that they were "illegal" as it was tinted film and not glass. I had to remove them for it to be approved. Tints are only allowed here if it's actual glass, and was fitted at the time of manufacture, and shown on the original spec, so the rear windscreen was fine but not the rear passenger windows. (I have some 'stick on' pull down shades on the inside which helps keep the heat out when parked up. They came in useful yesterday as the temperature crept up to 37 degrees outside; inside the car it was 45!!)

They're really strict here on modifications hence the reason I can't even have 275/45/20 tyres as this size is not specified on the metal tyre plate on the inside of the door. Anything other than the sizes on the plate would constitute a failure at the annual inspection. Worst case scenario would be a fine, uninsured use, and vehicle confiscation if I was stopped by the police. I'm not saying it would happen, but as I said before, the car is rare for this part of the world and really stands out here. It makes me be on my best behaviour at all times which is not a bad thing I suppose. Laughing Barrie.

Post #624781 Tue Jun 14 2022 5:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1