RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Hi all :) - My 2013 L320 thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 14 <123 ... 567 ... 121314>

Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

2012 -2016 are the same Gen 2.1 Nav system, not sure how much of the rest is the same if any, I guess it may be possible to integrate them but certainly beyond my capabilities. A little hit and miss but Thinkware dashcams do have them included in their camera software.

Cheers
Col

Post #615328 Wed Jun 30 2021 11:24pm
Bertbuckie

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I'd imagine that speed camera db will work. I'll give it a go sometime. Busy week ahead so may have to wait a while.

Post #615329 Wed Jun 30 2021 11:28pm
Bertbuckie

Got the speed cameras installed Smile

From this lad - https://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/speed-cam...p180239040

INSTRUCTIONS!

How To install Speed/Safety Camera POI's To Jaguar XF
IMPORTANT:

The USB memory stick MUST be formatted as FAT 32 with default allocation size selected.

Some users are finding that they cannot install the database. If this happens to you then you may need to split the gpx file into two - please contact support or ask in the forums if you need help with this.

Note: Voice guidance has to be enbaled for you to hear the audible alerts (but this can be turned on and off easily enough). This should work on all Jaguars with factory installed Hard Drive Sat Nav. Tested on 2013 3.0D & 2.2D Luxury & Premium Luxury Cars.

1. Start The Engine (Ignition may switch off otherwise while you are installing the GPX files).

2. Insert USB Stick containing the Speed Camera POI's (POI files must be in .GPX format (See Handbook) and in the root folder of the drive, not in sub-folders.

3. Do the following:

Touch the Nav Button

Touch Nav. Menu Button

Touch More Button

Touch Stored Locations

Touch My POI Button

Touch Add Button

Touch "USB Drive" Button

You should now see a list of the POI's on your USB Stick

3. Touch the type of POI you want to install (Do one at a time, it is much much safer that way)

4. When you have installed all the POI's you want to install go to Edit and touch the Edit Button. This should bring up all the POI's you have installed including any previous ones you have installed. Touch the Speed Camera File you want to Edit (Example, Gatso-Mobile-Pmobile-Red Light-Specs), this will bring up a Menu to allow you to change the sound and Switch the Sound and Show on Map On or Off . NB it is recommended that you Switch both Sound and Shown on the Map to On.

5. To change the sound go to the Icon shown on Left Hand Side of screen Touch the Sound Icon it will bring up a list of Installed Sounds touch the one you want for that particular Camera & DON'T FORGET to touch OK before leaving that Menu Screen otherwise it will default to all Off.

Repaet this for all the Speed Camera Files you want to Edit, touching OK after each Edit. Touch Return to Map after you have Edited all the Cameras you want and Remove your USB stick.

6. Take the Car for a Drive near to some cameras you know about and test to see if working OK.

Note:
The Cameras will only work when you are in Map View or the Sat. Nav is Routing you. Once you have gone to Map view you can then go to other screens and Speed Cameras will continue to warn you. You MUST do this every time you start the car, if you don't go to Map View then the camera alerts will not warn you. Switching the Ignition off cancels Camera Alerts as it also Cancels the Map, but not a Route. (As Standard). You can Select which Cameras you want to warn you, or just have them showing on Map with No Sound.

Post #615338 Thu Jul 01 2021 10:18am
Bertbuckie

Ooooo new toy Smile

Post #615343 Thu Jul 01 2021 12:28pm
Agent_Trig

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Nice thread Bert... I collect my first RRS next week and now already have a list of mods lined up thanks to this thread haha

Nothing crazy, keeping things looking nice and subtle Smile

Post #615350 Thu Jul 01 2021 2:34pm
Bertbuckie

Thank you Smile

I have had mine 7 weeks now and still love it Smile
Loads more to come, money is the issue atm Sad 22's I imagine will be amongst the next mods and hopefully poly bushes Very Happy

Eventually autobiography bumpers and a new exhaust also Smile

Post #615353 Thu Jul 01 2021 3:15pm
Agent_Trig

How difficult were the GL-3 rear lights to fit? and the dynamic side indicators?

I'm fairly comfortable with basic bolt on and off stuff, but that's about it Smile

Post #615356 Thu Jul 01 2021 4:03pm
Bertbuckie

Rears were a pest in that it's just a case of yanking them after screws are out but nothing bad. Put a cloth on bumper so if they suddenly come loose you dont scratch it but that's all. Very easy to do.
Sides are even easier. 30 secs a side. Push one way and they are sprung. Just push and pull Smile
Iirc there's a video on YouTube but seriously, it's simple Smile
My side ones have proper seals and we're only a tenner from ebay.

Post #615358 Thu Jul 01 2021 4:37pm
Agent_Trig

Awesome, thanks

Post #615359 Thu Jul 01 2021 4:47pm
Bertbuckie

Up and down....

Post #615360 Thu Jul 01 2021 5:17pm
Bertbuckie

Well..... 500 odd miles done in 2 days and usually I need many breaks and get tired/sore. No longer! 250 miles, 1 trip no stops. Got out feeling refreshed and no aches and pains! What a difference from our other vehicles. I also notice I dont feel the need to go flat out to the limit the entire time, nor do I get road rage. No more betty swallocks either thanks to the groin cooler ( no idea what its actually called but its fantastic ).
My only issue is the radio, its terrible. The reception is worse than my transit van :/

Other than this fantastic, I dont think I could go back to a normal car... well at least, willingly hahahaha.

Post #615561 Thu Jul 08 2021 12:48pm
Bertbuckie

Been quiet for a while. Been using my RRS in the bad weather here.... was proper bad for a while with that storm :l
parents were 4 days without power. Snow wasnt bad but it was pure ice - slid all over the place on normal mode - snow mode, what a difference! I have tried to order new tyres and possibly wheels tho. Also extended extended mode with IID is amazing!
Looking for 255/55/r20 or 255/65/r18 I think.

Post #619654 Wed Dec 01 2021 5:56pm
Seatown

Location: Moray - if you're a courier, yes it's mainland UK & no it's not in the Highlands

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Are you looking to fit winter tyres or just smaller wheels for all year round?

This time of year I fit 19 inch RR original "snowflake" wheels with 255/50 full winter tyres. Massive difference in grip and ride quality over the summer 20 inchers, plus as an original fit RRS wheel there are no issues with wheel offset etc.

Yes storm was bad, I had no power for 3 days and a week later O2 mobile service not restored yet! 2010 TDV8 - current - my first RRS, loving it so far......
2005 Cayenne S - handling defied physics and what a sound, so sod the mpg!
1995 Disco TDI- surprisingly reliable, shame about the peeling dash & other trim
Lots of other non 4X4's in between times.........

Post #619685 Thu Dec 02 2021 7:44pm
Bertbuckie

Storm was indeed bad, they lost power again today Sad

Winter/mud. I dont know where your from but they are Deskford way - middle of nowhere.... bliss! Big beasts, and a lift via IID. I MAY buy 22s for summer depending... or just use the 20s as even they are a harsh ride compared to bigger tyres.
Spoken to Ian Addison from Buckie and hes looking for tyres for me, seems a good bloke and lives a couple streets away. I would like the ability to reach my parents even if the roads blocked if you get me.... ditches etc.

What difference in wuality/ride did you notice? I do like the lowered pretty look... but it was bought as a tool not a show car Smile

Post #619688 Thu Dec 02 2021 8:29pm
Seatown

Location: Moray - if you're a courier, yes it's mainland UK & no it's not in the Highlands

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

My thoughts on tyres.. https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic55086.html 2010 TDV8 - current - my first RRS, loving it so far......
2005 Cayenne S - handling defied physics and what a sound, so sod the mpg!
1995 Disco TDI- surprisingly reliable, shame about the peeling dash & other trim
Lots of other non 4X4's in between times.........

Post #619697 Thu Dec 02 2021 11:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 14 <123 ... 567 ... 121314>