Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > In Car Head unit replacement issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112

KeyserSoze

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Olly-ibiza wrote:
hoppy89 wrote:
does everything I want it to do,(its head & shoulders above the oem unit) new mic is fitted behind mirror,
to be honest the guy that fitted it done a top job..you cant see the antenna or the mic unless you really look for them,
the only draw back is I cant alter the clock on the dash, but the new unit has a clock display.... Thumbs Up

Had the same issue with mine and it's an easy fix, take your battery wire off and on at midnight and the clock is set

You both have been very helpful in my search for the right kit for my upgrade. Im curious to know once this kit https://incartec.co.uk/product/fk-853-6 is installed and I follow your instructions for the disassembly of the OEM HU, Do I still require an amp for the SUBwoofer?

I know I am late on this thread but man have you guys given me some much needed insight.

I just purchased an android Head unit by Dasaita and am excited to get it in and this old one out but retaining all the functions you have.

Post #599108 Tue May 19 2020 7:34pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Yes, you will need an amp for the sub. I've personally not bothered but they're relatively cheap and simple to add in - do a search on here.

Post #599110 Tue May 19 2020 7:55pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Quote:
You both have been very helpful in my search for the right kit for my upgrade. Im curious to know once this kit https://incartec.co.uk/product/fk-853-6 is installed and I follow your instructions for the disassembly of the OEM HU, Do I still require an amp for the SUBwoofer?

Yes you still need an amp for the subwoofer. Connect head unit sub out to amp and amp to pink wires in incrtec loom TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #599111 Tue May 19 2020 7:57pm
friedelRRS

Hello !
Most infos please for installation !
I need your help Big Cry
Thanks

Post #616480 Sun Aug 08 2021 11:21pm
friedelRRS

Olly-ibiza wrote:
Rory the parts should be a small black block and a plug with 2 long lengths of optic hanging out of it?

you can do this without taking the top screen out, il take my dash apart tomorrow and take some good pictures and do a detailed write up, its pretty straight forward

More pictures with detail please ! ... Crying or Very sad

Post #616481 Sun Aug 08 2021 11:26pm
friedelRRS

Royrw wrote:

Here is a starter

as I already had the head unit in I had to splice into the harness to have both units connected but did not have another plug so soldered directly on the back of original unit...not my best work but hey it works !

Just in case the colours are wrong ! ignore ,its more the original colours on your harness that requires to be doubled up !
expect ripped hands Big Cry

Thanks Roy !
Most pictures and detail please ...

Post #616482 Sun Aug 08 2021 11:28pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

I did the same installation a while back but I'm curious why you put the "guts" of the old head unit in the glove box?
You don't ever need to get to it and I found it fitted behind the new head unit very nice and snug with some foam "anti vibration" pieces. 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #616518 Tue Aug 10 2021 9:39pm
hideyspidey

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Tonga Green

I've read this with great enthusiasm but confused.
I rang a local car audio expert today and he said he wouldn't touch it. As I. Am in no way any good at even changing a plug please help.
I have a 2005 rrs HSE with HK. Not sure if logic 7 or not.
The buttons are knackered on the radio so I really need an audio upgrade.
I've contacted connect 2 and the other one and no one has got back to me.
What do I order and from where to just get a bloomin stereo put in with Bluetooth streaming. Then do i just go to an auto electrician with the kit , stereo and say please fit and keep the top screen working by keeping the original head unit?
What's a good stereo with reverse camera ? Thanks and sorry. I don't have a clue!

Post #617648 Thu Sep 23 2021 9:56pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Yours is not logic 7

You good with tools ? Or is it just electrics scare u ?

Post #617651 Thu Sep 23 2021 11:36pm
Lynchy

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Java Black

hideyspidey wrote:
I've read this with great enthusiasm but confused.
I rang a local car audio expert today and he said he wouldn't touch it. As I. Am in no way any good at even changing a plug please help.
I have a 2005 rrs HSE with HK. Not sure if logic 7 or not.
The buttons are knackered on the radio so I really need an audio upgrade.
I've contacted connect 2 and the other one and no one has got back to me.
What do I order and from where to just get a bloomin stereo put in with Bluetooth streaming. Then do i just go to an auto electrician with the kit , stereo and say please fit and keep the top screen working by keeping the original head unit?
What's a good stereo with reverse camera ? Thanks and sorry. I don't have a clue!

A good auto electrician will touch it. But it will cost you. Ive been quoted £900 all in for what you are after, but i would loose the sub and some of the tweeters.

Post #622902 Fri Mar 18 2022 12:41am
stemcellstudios

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Alaska White
incartec steering wheel control

Hi, I installed the InCarTec FK-853-6 for my 2008 LR3 with Logic 7. I cannot for the life of me get the steering wheel controls to interface with my Alpine ILX-407. HELP! I found the InCarTec support unhelpful (especially since I am a DIY installer) and their online installation guide is confusing (there are a couple of versions online too). What are the essential installation details to follow to get the steering wheel controls to talk to the Head Unit through the interface? Thank you for any advice! Pufftmw commented above that he/she had installed the plug "upside down" and once corrected got the interface to function. What does "upside down" mean in this instance? Thanks again for advice.

Post #628010 Mon Nov 07 2022 5:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 12 of 12 <123 ... 101112