RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > In car entertainment/ nav
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Downtime

United Kingdom 
In car entertainment/ nav

Hi all, looking at options for updating nav to android (+Google maps) and have narrowed it down to
A) the merryway system 10.2" screen £1500 fitted. This is the one powerfuluk started playing with. It has been refined and now sold by Android aftershock.
B) the Unique auto system uses existing screen and runs android piggybacked via Bluetooth or WiFi. Self fit which will be ok.

Has anyone fitted either and how are you finding. L494 2014 Chillie Red & Black Roof, black pack

Post #614639 Thu Jun 10 2021 7:14pm
2 RRS

United Kingdom 

I have the Merryway Android 9 in my L494, like night and day in terms of improvement over the stock unit. There's a few niggles that aren't perfect but still a worthy upgrade. If you do it it's definitely worth changing the heater controls to the MY15.5 onwards that allow the seat heat/cool settings to be accessed via the 2 knobs as if you fit the Merryway unit you have to flip back to the stock interface and then adjust. I installed myself and cost me just over £900 all in (direct import from China as opposed to from LeRay@Android aftershock).

Post #614659 Fri Jun 11 2021 9:11am
bmszabo

Netherlands 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Unique car system here; very satisfied with it! All stock functions doing well; as said IDCORE piggybacks on nav only; so stock nav functionality (and speed limit signs partly) is lost - but everything else functions fine - on wireless BT connection with my phone.
One annoying hick-up (from day one, I have found no cure yet): as phone is connected thru AA and BT car; voice phone connection gets sometimes lost: when aa (for what reason??) switches to BT car connection.
Otherwise 100% satisfied with this solution!

Post #614704 Sat Jun 12 2021 9:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1