RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > My16 DPF ssues ...41.5k miles on vlock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Steve345B

United Kingdom 
HELP!!! Mines now doing the same!

Hi guys, I've recently purchased a late 2017 RRS (3.0 SVD6) and just had the same issues as listed above. Amber warning light (error code for turbo over boost) and today Amber DPF warning followed by the red one! No way its full as I've been going up and down the M40 to London and up the A38 to Derby..
Its off for repairs on Tuesday. I just want to check that replacing the air intake shutoff throttle was the final fix for all your problems...if so, I'll refer the dealer to this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Steve.

Post #612405 Fri Apr 09 2021 7:19am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Morning Steve,have you read my earlier post's,to be honest now youve had the dreaded red light it could be back to the dealer to fix or a good indie. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #612406 Fri Apr 09 2021 7:29am
Ash3

United Kingdom 
Re: HELP!!! Mines now doing the same!

Steve345B wrote:
Hi guys, I've recently purchased a late 2017 RRS (3.0 SVD6) and just had the same issues as listed above. Amber warning light (error code for turbo over boost) and today Amber DPF warning followed by the red one! No way its full as I've been going up and down the M40 to London and up the A38 to Derby..
Its off for repairs on Tuesday. I just want to check that replacing the air intake shutoff throttle was the final fix for all your problems...if so, I'll refer the dealer to this thread.

Thanks everyone!

Steve.

Hi Steve..

Throttle body replacement resolved the issue on mine.

How long have you had the car?

Post #612413 Fri Apr 09 2021 9:22am
Steve345B

United Kingdom 

Only 4 weeks. It’s only got 25,000 miles on it so was hoping for a good one! Looking at satnav, the previous owner did some good long runs too so not just popping down the shops..
It’s off to the dealer Tuesday so let’s see what they say.

Post #612445 Fri Apr 09 2021 9:36pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Throttle body valve/flap sticking will cause those DPF issues.

Post #612449 Fri Apr 09 2021 10:16pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Steve345B wrote:
Only 4 weeks. It’s only got 25,000 miles on it so was hoping for a good one! Looking at satnav, the previous owner did some good long runs too so not just popping down the shops..
It’s off to the dealer Tuesday so let’s see what they say.

Consumer protection act 2015.....

You have legal protection under the above legislation.

Dealer I bought the car footed the bill....cost him £1150..but most of that was labour time spent investigating.

But dealer paid up without any quibble.

Post #612452 Fri Apr 09 2021 11:15pm
IRBails

Australia 

Ash3 wrote:
Tyrefitter wrote:
I’ve had exactly same problem with my15 AB twice the orange exhaust filter came on so took it for a run kept in sport mode & 4th gear after 15-20 minutes light went off,the 2 weeks ago going to Tamworth for daughters wedding engine management light come on & went into limp mode,I got car to hotel where we were all meeting & within 10 minutes LR assist arrived plugged diagnostics in & same code P0234 came up turbo/supercharge overboost & it was my throttle body sticking that had caused it to go into limp mode so he took the front pipe off the throttle body freed it with some throttle body cleaner.The dpf on mine was showing 31% which LR only allow 30% now instead of the 60% they used to have before the light came on so the technician took it for a blast down the M42 to do a regen.
Since then LR fitted me a new throttle body under warranty last Friday so hopefully all good.

Thinking back

When EML light came on with Amber DPF warning...I had the turbo fault code but no drop in power or throttle response. Car drove normally.

Then yesterday when I took it for a blast on motorway the DPF light extinguished....but then 15 mins later came back as RED DPF warnning light with EML...but I was able to cruise at 50mph..some times it would go over 50.

I did not try pushing it anymore.

What speed does it limit car when in limp home mode and does it give any warning to say power restricted.?

Thanks guys...this definitely the best forum for friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members.

Might help to know what engine is in this vehicle? My experience is that the fault lights often have nothing to do with the actual fault! M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #612494 Sun Apr 11 2021 12:28am
PIG88

United Kingdom 

I had a similar problem early last year - called LR Assist and their technician came and replaced the throttle body in my driveway. No problems since. Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #612523 Sun Apr 11 2021 4:40pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Hi IRBails

It is the 3.0 SDV6.

My car is a 2016 reg car

Post #612526 Sun Apr 11 2021 5:02pm
Bensrrsport

United Kingdom 

Has anyone had to replace the DPF Filter? I was told today that the Landrover approved warranty doesn't cover this.

Post #612649 Wed Apr 14 2021 8:19pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

PIG88 wrote:
I had a similar problem early last year - called LR Assist and their technician came and replaced the throttle body in my driveway. No problems since.

That's the first I've heard of LR Assist carrying out repairs of that type on the road. I'm surprised they had the part on-board. When ever I've used them its been a tow to a LR Dealer unless it was a simple to fix problem.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #612653 Wed Apr 14 2021 9:43pm
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Bensrrsport wrote:
Has anyone had to replace the DPF Filter? I was told today that the Landrover approved warranty doesn't cover this.

These days you lots of companies that do flash ckean of DPF....restores DPF as the DPF is removed and flushed out using chemical solutions which remove all the soot and ash at fraction of the vost of a new DPF..

Post #612657 Wed Apr 14 2021 11:04pm
Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

Bensrrsport wrote:

I have just signed up for a warranty with warranty direct and on their list of items not covered is the DPF filter. Must be classed as a wear and tear item, a very expensive one.....

Post #612658 Thu Apr 15 2021 5:01am
PIG88

United Kingdom 

timhum wrote:
PIG88 wrote:
I had a similar problem early last year - called LR Assist and their technician came and replaced the throttle body in my driveway. No problems since.

That's the first I've heard of LR Assist carrying out repairs of that type on the road. I'm surprised they had the part on-board. When ever I've used them its been a tow to a LR Dealer unless it was a simple to fix problem.

Tim

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised but (if I recall correctly) he said he brought one because he thought that would be the issue as soon as he heard what the symptoms were. After he’d read the codes etc and confirmed his theory, he had to make a phone call to get approval to change the throttle body under warranty. Current: 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic

Gone: 2016 SDV6 HSE
2012 SDV6 SE

Post #612788 Mon Apr 19 2021 10:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123