Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > My16 DPF ssues ...41.5k miles on vlock
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

Ash3

United Kingdom 
My16 DPF ssues ...41.5k miles on vlock

Hi There evetyone.

I'm new to the RRS but was previously on the disco3 forum. Owned a 2005 disco 3 for 6 years then sold and bought 2013 Q7 s line plus..ran that gor 4 yrs...not a single issue.

I just bought a used 2016 RRS Autobiography about 4 eeeks ago and yes lovely car..but unfortunately I already I have issues. I had always found these forums full of vegy helpful and knowledgeable people and find myself having to lean on you guys already.

To get yo the point

I am expetiencing DPF ISSUES..

Bought car from independent trader Auto100 in Huthwaite

Drover car to Burton then Leicster then home to London. A week and half of local journeys..short & shortish..including 80 mile airport round trip.

Then got a amber warning light..DPF nearly Full...drive car at 40mph for 20 mins yo clear...took car home..a couple of stops..then later started car up to give it a motorway blast..DPF warning light gone..happy days..

A few days later took it on 400 mile round trip to peak district & Leicster and Staffordshire

Then Colchester Zoo for family day out..so plenty of high speed driving..

Yesterday got dpf amber warning light with engine management light.
Took it to a mates garage who plugged in diagnostic and got series of fault codes below

U0037 - vehicle communication bus B

U2300 - central configuration 

P0234 - Turbocharger  / Supercharger 

"A" overboost condition.

P2BAE - NOx exceedance - NOx control monitoring system 

P246B - vehicle condition incorrect for Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration.

P2101 - throttle actuator control motor - circuit  range /performance 

P24A4 - particulate filter restriction - accumulation too high Bank 1

U0001 - High speed communication BUS

U100B - semi-automatic parallel parking system 

Gear shift module

U0422 - invalid data recieved from the body control module.

U0011 -  medium Speed communication CAN Bus

2 Park assist fault codes 

Cleared all except amber dpf fault..

Took car onto M11 for a bkast of 2000rpm driving. Within 3 miles dpf light goes away. Continue up M11 anyway for about 20 mins..came off the M11 to head back south bound..heading homebound feeling relaxed...

Then all of a sudden..a RED DPF FAULT code...."DPF FULL"...with engine management light WTH!!!!

Anyway..continued home...at about 50mph..limited power..limited thtotyle response..though tbh I did not try putting my foot down.

Car is parked up...waiting to take it back to garage on Monday..emailed dealer i bought it off..unfortunately not LR dealer just a largish trader. They gave 3 month warranty. BUT...apparently 1k limit on claim...WTH!!...pointless.

Looking into getting DPF flash cleaned.

But hoping you guys can shed some light on the other messages...are they associated with dpf issue??

Sorry about the long post..but your help & advice would really appreciated.

Such shame otherwise a great car.

Audi.Q7 had dpf warning once.in 4 years..a blast on m11 and it never came back despite much of driving being short ttips in urban area.

Post #586167 Sun Sep 01 2019 12:25am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I’ve had exactly same problem with my15 AB twice the orange exhaust filter came on so took it for a run kept in sport mode & 4th gear after 15-20 minutes light went off,the 2 weeks ago going to Tamworth for daughters wedding engine management light come on & went into limp mode,I got car to hotel where we were all meeting & within 10 minutes LR assist arrived plugged diagnostics in & same code P0234 came up turbo/supercharge overboost & it was my throttle body sticking that had caused it to go into limp mode so he took the front pipe off the throttle body freed it with some throttle body cleaner.The dpf on mine was showing 31% which LR only allow 30% now instead of the 60% they used to have before the light came on so the technician took it for a blast down the M42 to do a regen.
Since then LR fitted me a new throttle body under warranty last Friday so hopefully all good. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Last edited by Tyrefitter on Sun Sep 01 2019 8:05am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #586172 Sun Sep 01 2019 7:30am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

They do like to try and have you over don't they. Check out the Consumer Rights Act 2015, its the traders responsibility to fix it.If it costs more than £1,000 then they should stand the extra; a fault within 6 months is accepted to being present when you bought the car unless the trader can prove it wasn't. Did you use your credit card for even part of the purchase? If so you may be able to get them involved to help resolve this if the trader fobs you off.
It sounds like the car may have been used for short trips by the previous owner and the DPF is clogged up. Is the previous keeper on the V5? Try ringing them and ask if they have had DPF problems. Is the battery new/good condition?

Post #586173 Sun Sep 01 2019 7:30am
Spleen

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
I’ve had exactly same problem with my15 AB twice the orange exhaust filter came on so took it for a run kept in sport mode & 4th gear after 15-20 minutes light went off,the 2 weeks ago going to Tamworth for daughters wedding engine management light come on & went into limp mode,I got car to hotel where we were all meeting & within 10 minutes LR assist arrived plugged diagnostics in & same code P0234 came up turbo/supercharge overboost & it was my throttle body sticking that had caused it to go into limp mode so he took the front pipe off the throttle body freed it with some throttle body cleaner.The dpf on mine was showing 31% which LR only allow 30% now instead of the 60% they used to have before the light came on so the technician took it for a blast down the M42 to do a regen.
Since then LR fitted me a new throttle body under warranty last Friday so hopefully all good.

Odd, my EML came on the other week so called LR assist. As you, error code showed overboost so they replaced the throttle body there and then. DPF check showed 39% but at no point has my DPF amber warning light come on so not sure about the 30% threshold. Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #586175 Sun Sep 01 2019 8:36am
Tyrefitter

Morning spleen,the technician told me they used to be set at 60% before light came on but they have now lowered it to 30%,I would have thought yours would be 30% seeing as it’s a my17.Mine was reading 31% when red exhaust filter light came on. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #586177 Sun Sep 01 2019 8:39am
Spleen

United Kingdom 

That's what I mean, mine is currently sitting at 39% but I've never had an amber (or red) DPF warning light. V strange. Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #586178 Sun Sep 01 2019 8:44am
Tyrefitter

This is the report the technician game me.
 Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #586179 Sun Sep 01 2019 8:47am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Oldandconfused wrote:
They do like to try and have you over don't they. Check out the Consumer Rights Act 2015, its the traders responsibility to fix it.If it costs more than £1,000 then they should stand the extra; a fault within 6 months is accepted to being present when you bought the car unless the trader can prove it wasn't. Did you use your credit card for even part of the purchase? If so you may be able to get them involved to help resolve this if the trader fobs you off.
It sounds like the car may have been used for short trips by the previous owner and the DPF is clogged up. Is the previous keeper on the V5? Try ringing them and ask if they have had DPF problems. Is the battery new/good condition?

Unfortunately I paid by bank transfer Sad

When ai spoke to them the guy did not try and get out of it...he said get it checked out, see what it is and we will have discussion. Whatever that means.

Post #586190 Sun Sep 01 2019 10:54am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:

Thanks..that is useful to know...

Post #586191 Sun Sep 01 2019 10:55am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:
Since then LR fitted me a new throttle body under warranty last Friday so hopefully all good.

Thinking back

When EML light came on with Amber DPF warning...I had the turbo fault code but no drop in power or throttle response. Car drove normally.

Then yesterday when I took it for a blast on motorway the DPF light extinguished....but then 15 mins later came back as RED DPF warnning light with EML...but I was able to cruise at 50mph..some times it would go over 50.

I did not try pushing it anymore.

What speed does it limit car when in limp home mode and does it give any warning to say power restricted.?

Thanks guys...this definitely the best forum for friendly, knowledgeable and helpful members.

Post #586192 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:07am
Spleen

United Kingdom 

Tyrefitter wrote:

Struggling to read it to be honest, what's the word after 31? I had no need for a forced region at 39% especially as I was just about to go on a 3000 mile round trip to Europe. Tech talked about doing one but said DPF was fine after reading it. Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #586193 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:10am
Tyrefitter

The word after 31 is grams 31 grams of soot in the system.
Ash,I too had the engine mil come on twice with no power loss so when I connected my snap-on diagnostics up it came up with code P0234 supercharger/turbo overboost & I just cleared the code both times & thought nothing of it till I went to Tamworth & it went into limp mode.
What I would do if I was you is remove the front pipe off the throttle body & see if it’s jammed like mine was & if it is just psh against it to free it off,nip to motor shop & get some throttle body cleaner spray it on & hopefully everything will be ok then get someone with diagnostics to do a regen. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #586194 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:20am
Spleen

United Kingdom 

Hmm, I wonder how much percent 31 grams represents? Ferrari F430 Spider F1
MY17 RRS AB V6
2CV6 Special

Post #586195 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:25am
Tyrefitter

Here is a pic on what to remove,can you see the metal clip I’ve circled in green just above the white mark,lift that with a screw driver & then pull the pipe off revealing the flap in the throttle body,just push against it to make sure it moves if not that’s your problem,push it to fire it.

Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #586196 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:27am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Spleen wrote:
Tyrefitter wrote:

Struggling to read it to be honest, what's the word after 31? I had no need for a forced region at 39% especially as I was just about to go on a 3000 mile round trip to Europe. Tech talked about doing one but said DPF was fine after reading it.

Thanks tyrefitter...will give it a try. Thumbs Up

Post #586197 Sun Sep 01 2019 11:27am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>