RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > P400e charging problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

ilard

United Kingdom 

Went out to the car and it says 100% charged. But the app still says 99%, despite last contacted = just now. 5 mins later the app showed 100% too. I wonder if me unlocking the car somehow tickled it into finalising the charge.

L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #594652 Mon Feb 10 2020 6:14pm
Pakolainen

Finland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Rimini Red

Mine is plugged in to the equivalent of your mains 3 pin plug with the charging cable supplied with the car. The car is one year old and if i heard the dealership correctly - had never been charged by the previous owner.
On the first couple of nights charging it took 28-32 kwh for a full charge, now it takes between 17 and 22 kwh for a full charge but stops at 99% (have plugged an electric meter as shared electric with the neighbour)
Some days it says 99% fully charged with a range of 34 kms and other days 99% full charge, range 42km.

Guess that comes down to the temperature, we're fluctuating between -5 and +5 degrees c.

Haven't been able to monitor with the incontrol app as they're trying to register the car under my name from the previous owners, but the Incontrol site seems to be down...... 2019 RRS P400e Autobiography
2014 RRS 3.0 TDV6 HSE Dynamic
2006 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSe
Alfa Romeo Guillietta 2.0 JTDM 2011
Mazda 3 1.6 2010
Subaru Impreza 2.0 WRX 2005

Post #594683 Tue Feb 11 2020 7:54am
laurencebell

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Well after about 6 months of my car only charging to 99%, over the past couple of weeks I have charged my car about 5 times and it has been fully charging to 100%. I don’t know if LR have done a software update to fix this issue? There has been no notification on the display saying there was an update, unless LR just automatically updated everyone’s vehicles.

Post #598251 Tue Apr 28 2020 10:57am
laurencebell

United Kingdom 

My car has now had the same problem again for the past few weeks. I’m convinced the issue is somehow related the weather. Was fine through the summer months, now it’s getting colder the issue is back.

Post #606021 Wed Oct 28 2020 3:18pm
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

ilard wrote:
Went out to the car and it says 100% charged. But the app still says 99%, despite last contacted = just now. 5 mins later the app showed 100% too. I wonder if me unlocking the car somehow tickled it into finalising the charge.

Your battery range is given as 21 miles in the graphic. Mine shows as 30 miles when fully charged. Do you know why there is a difference?

Post #606024 Wed Oct 28 2020 10:37pm
nrosen

United Kingdom 
Charging Clicking Nise

Hi, i have had problem with my car, near enough since i bought it about 13 months ago. When it charges, it gets to about 99% and then the Rolec charging unit keeps clicking on and off. I have seen this problem online, RR have said the issue is with the Rolec charger Can anyone advise if they are having this charging issue (or similar), and if so, what charger you are using. Thanks so much!

Post #610232 Fri Feb 19 2021 4:10pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

Rusty Ranger wrote:
ilard wrote:

Your battery range is given as 21 miles in the graphic. Mine shows as 30 miles when fully charged. Do you know why there is a difference?

i think this must be a temperature thing, mines been like this for several months, i assume its down to the batteries being less efficient in the cold weather and JLR taking the decision to show a lower figure 21 rather than 32.. so we don't find the actual 12 we get in reality even more offensive Laughing  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #610237 Fri Feb 19 2021 5:48pm
1richard1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Or could these charging issues be a legal anomaly where as at 99% mitigates a real short fall up to any amount mileage achieved under full electric mode, or is it just an anomaly with the software? or is there a different battery suppliers which may have different build specs but the quality of the batteries may be different?

Post #610245 Fri Feb 19 2021 8:11pm
tagauto

United Kingdom 

I have just taken delivery of a 2021 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic Black and already have a similar problem regarding the 99% charging, 24 miles range and the constant contactor coming in and out toward the end of the charge cycle (brand new 7kw Rolec charger) which can be rather annoying at 4 AM in the morning!

I have made several checks that suggests that this fault is down to the cars ability to communicate correctly to the charging unit and have some ideas on how I might resolve the problem (including changing the contactor to something less noisy, fitting an additional timer or even changing the EPC controller) but would like to know if anyone has managed to find a permanent fix before ripping everything apart?

Exclamation

Post #611369 Thu Mar 11 2021 9:54pm
Cedric

United Kingdom 

While my car generally charges to 100% I wonder if it actually a good thing.
Before changing from a RRS SDV6 to the P400e I had actually ordered a Tesla S, the cheap feeling interior and doubt about coping with a BEV changed my mind, but interestingly Tesla recommend that you keep the battery between 20-80% charge, only fully charging if about to go on a long journey, otherwise it causes faster degradation of the batteries. With the P400e I usually get home with a nominal 4%/no miles left and then fully charge it, which is probably not such a good thing. Obviously with the very limited EV range on PHEVs like the P400e it is difficult to do anything else, though perhaps not so good for the batteries further down the line. 20 RRS P400e HSE Dynamic Eiger grey/Ebony - Gone

Post #611391 Fri Mar 12 2021 2:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12