RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Other than Pirelli?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

PeteF74 wrote:
For anyone who is running the General Grabber AT3, How do you find it for road noise, comfort and wear?

I am leaning towards the AT3 as an all round choice.

Good choice! I'm on my second set now, the first set having lasted around 35k miles or more. There was still plenty of life in the rears and that was a mistake as I should have swapped f/r to eek a few more miles.
Probably a bit noisier than a "standard" road tyre but ride wise possibly a bit better. I'm on 55 profile, so a tad more sidewall maybe helps there.

They are excellent in the snow and slippery conditions and I really don't feel I lose out any grip in the "performance" department when hustling along in the wet or dry.

@RRSTDV8 On that trip I was actually running a remould MT but since then all my lanes have been done on the AT3s and yes, I could have got away with them through Strata Thumbs Up

Post #609722 Tue Feb 09 2021 11:19am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Quote:
@RRSTDV8 On that trip I was actually running a remould MT but since then all my lanes have been done on the AT3s and yes, I could have got away with them through Strata Thumbs Up

Ah, yes, I forgot you used those knobblies. Embarassed

My AT3 were quite worn when they did the Strata and that was on purpose as I didn't want to risk sidewalling a new tyre. As it happens, you may remember that I did pick up one sidewall injury that weekend (cut down to the cords) that meant a replacement tyre was required. Not a problem as I'd lined up a set to be done anyway.

I enjoyed the Strata Florida but I did find it slightly underwhelming - the RRS did it easily and there was nothing that was at all an issue. I think it's got a reputation from people driving beaten up old D1s and 90s struggling to do the bomb hole Laughing , but it was all pretty straight forward. Very glad I did the route, however, as it will no doubt be closed one day just like other classic routes.

I'm looking forward to doing another day/weekend with those guys once things open up again. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #609726 Tue Feb 09 2021 11:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123