RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400e Hybrid experience update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

He was much more impressed by the BMW X5 Phev though!

&t=543s&ab_channel=Harry%27sgarage 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #608668 Fri Jan 15 2021 11:10pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Sure, all BWMs are wonderful I think, but who wants to be seen driving one of those, which incidentally are only available in 9 different colours 3 of which are grey. Keeps the ordering process simple, I guess! L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #608678 Sat Jan 16 2021 9:48am
jimbg

I nearly bought the X5, but could just not live with the interior.

If Land Rover could achieve the same level of hybrid performance I would buy one. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #608680 Sat Jan 16 2021 9:59am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Harry's Garage vid did say he thought the exterior was nowhere near as stunning as the LR Range, in fact slagged it off, he said interior of BMW was near that of a Bentley.. could not disagree more.

Re Hybrid performance the BMW only has a 3.3Kw on board charger compared to 7kw for the RRS. So the only real charging is onite even with a podpoint.. With the RRS I can go do some shopping for 2 hours, plug into a podpoint (for free) and get 80pct charge.. the BMW according to Harry just gets a few miles in a couple of hours . Also when the electric runs out a 3litre V6 Petrol clicks in which is anything but frugal. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #608711 Sat Jan 16 2021 6:35pm
jimbg

I agree, the low range put me off the Sport as a shopping trip is too far for the electric range and I could not live with the BMW.

So, I am still in a diesel!! Big Cry 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2006 HSE

Post #608713 Sat Jan 16 2021 6:44pm
ghunkin

United Kingdom 
2 year P400e update

After just over 2 years, here's my personal experience - I hope some of this may be useful but remember it is my own experience and not an opinion of whether a PHEV is right or wrong for anyone else.

I previously had a Volvo V60 PHEV for 4 years before I bought my RRS and therefore knew a PHEV worked for me.
More than 95% of my journeys are less than 15 miles and as an early adopter of plug-ins, I had a dedicated charger installed in my garage (free at the time).
I only use petrol on the 4 or 5 times a year I do longer journeys - or when the car decides it needs to run the petrol engine occasionally to clean the catalyst. My worst consumption was on a 200 mile round trip of 27.9 mpg mostly cruising on motorways at around 70 mph. I think I get better mpg than most reports as I have learnt over 6 years how to drive a PHEV efficiently - especially using the SAVE function on faster roads and saving electric for slower parts of the journey. I think it also fair to say that as a more mature driver, my days of 'caning it' are far behind me and I love the serenity of the RRS as I gently cruise around with a light right foot. In my experience, driving style is the biggest influence to MPG so everyone can choose their own consumption according to their own driving style.
I have put 1 full tank of petrol in the car and have filled it to halfway on only 7 other occasions in 2 years. (lockdowns have probably helped here)

I'm pleased to report that the 4 major reasons I bought the car have been fulfilled for me;

Prestige - I LOVE IT, my family and friends also love the luxury look and feel of the car and the worst response I have ever had is envy.
Comfort - the ride is planted but plush and the cars is supremely quiet on electric. The seats are hugely comfortable for me and with both heated and cooled functions can be set for any weather.
Economy - see above
Technology - I'm a real geek and the 3 screens plus Head-Up Display and other extras I added (everything bar the garage door opener!) mean that I have everything I need to for a comfortable and convenient journey. My wife loves the pre-heat function on cold mornings and my grandkids especially love it when I waft my hand to close the panoramic sun blind.

Not a major reason for buying the car, but the traction in snow is hard to believe - I have never felt the car lose grip or slide and it inspires total confidence whatever the weather. It simply does not know its on snow!

Would I buy another RRS? No, because I probably wont be able to afford it again as this was a retirement present to myself.

Do I have any regrets about buying it? No Thumbs Up

So I encourage everyone to share experiences to inform or assist others - but please be respectful of the choice of others as every car is right for someone.

Enjoy your cars Very Happy

Post #608838 Tue Jan 19 2021 2:25pm
DaleD53

England 

Great write up very interesting and helpful as I am currently going through the process of choosing a new car (to me) and I am very tempted by the P400e..... thanks for sharing your experience Thumbs Up

Post #608870 Wed Jan 20 2021 10:17am
gdias

Portugal 

Dale i went for the P400e because i make short journeys everyday.

Go to works and take the kids to school, so i drive almost 100% electric everyday.

But sometimes along the week i make 40-50 miles trips and i get 70 MPG on full charge.

I have the car since April and I made almost 4000 Milies, I used so far 2 tanks of petrol and in the end the average 161 MPG.

I think the P400e is all about your needs, your miles, your driving, and expecially...

...your taste! I'm a RR addict i had 6 fattys before! If i was not addicted maybe i went to the Mercedes GLE 350 de 4MATIC, it has much more miles in pure EV (60 miless) and is much faster charging, and has control of the regenerating braking, but i don't like them... like i said i'm a RR addicted and that part is not racional is emotional! RRS 2020 P400e HSE Dynamic
6 Ex-Fullfats

Post #608978 Fri Jan 22 2021 11:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12