RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > 265/55/20
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

mike54

United Kingdom 

I'm a massive Toyo fan and have open country MT's on both my Hiluxes. Sadly though it seems the At3 isn't available in the UK. Looks like a good shout though for what I want.

Post #607814 Wed Dec 23 2020 2:34pm
georgien

Belgium 

Hi Mike

Where you able to find additional info on 265/60 R20 tires compatibility ? This is exactly what I'm looking to have on my RRS L494 MY17. I'm currently running 255/55 R20 General Grabber AT tires but there are a bit soft and the sidewall isn't high enough. I teared one (sidewall) while travelling in Morocco. 275/55 R20 seem to fit but I more favor sidewall height rather than tire width.

Thanks
Nik

Post #608445 Mon Jan 11 2021 12:23am
mike54

United Kingdom 

Hi Nik,

I haven't, no. In the end what I've done is buy some 5480 wheels at 20" and I'll fit some winter tyres to them (probably goodyear). I don't like the scorpion winters as they're run flat and as such the sidewall is just too stiff so it would be as bumpy a ride as the 21" wheels with 275/45's

I found that there is no tyre which will give a reasonable load and speed rating available in the UK to give me what I want but I would rather have the taller sidewall of the 255 tyre for a better ride, and I can use my landcruiser (which has MT tyres) for when I need proper grip on fields etc.

Just a note on the grabbers you have. I know them of old, and the sidewall has always been very weak. In fact I spplit all four tyres on a defender I had about 8 years ago and continental actually refunded me for them. I would never use them on any vehicle that is actually going offroad on any more than flat gravel or grass.

In morocco the best tyres I have used there are either cooper STT or BFG AT, the latter is very hard which you'll know and highly tear resistance in the desert. I wouldnt ever take a RR sport there though.

Post #608450 Mon Jan 11 2021 10:41am
georgien

Belgium 

Thanks for your input, Mike, highly appreciated ! Nik
RRSport L494 SD4 MY'17
Audi Q5
BMW X3
Audi A6
Mercedes R
Volvo XC70
BMW 5
Range Rover Classic
UMM
Toyota BJ40

Post #608460 Mon Jan 11 2021 2:12pm
georgien

Belgium 

mike54 wrote:
Hi Nik,

I haven't, no. In the end what I've done is buy some 5480 wheels at 20" and I'll fit some winter tyres to them (probably goodyear). I don't like the scorpion winters as they're run flat and as such the sidewall is just too stiff so it would be as bumpy a ride as the 21" wheels with 275/45's

I found that there is no tyre which will give a reasonable load and speed rating available in the UK to give me what I want but I would rather have the taller sidewall of the 255 tyre for a better ride, and I can use my landcruiser (which has MT tyres) for when I need proper grip on fields etc.

Just a note on the grabbers you have. I know them of old, and the sidewall has always been very weak. In fact I spplit all four tyres on a defender I had about 8 years ago and continental actually refunded me for them. I would never use them on any vehicle that is actually going offroad on any more than flat gravel or grass.

In morocco the best tyres I have used there are either cooper STT or BFG AT, the latter is very hard which you'll know and highly tear resistance in the desert. I wouldnt ever take a RR sport there though.

Hello Mike
Just for your info, I finally purchased Yokohama Geolandar A/T 265/60 R20 tires (instead of standard 255/55 R20) for my RRS. I just came back from Turkey, Georgia and Armenia, and I'm very satisfied for their on / off-road performance. A bit noisy under 50 mph and rubbing very slightly when fully turning left or right. Nik
RRSport L494 SD4 MY'17
Audi Q5
BMW X3
Audi A6
Mercedes R
Volvo XC70
BMW 5
Range Rover Classic
UMM
Toyota BJ40

Post #619413 Mon Nov 22 2021 5:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top