RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Boot lid opened on it's own
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Yours would be easy to diagnose, it'll be the Halloween Ghouls Laughing

So I wonder what's been going on, that's 3 of us with self opening boots. Have you any thoughts, like heavy rain or anything different that night? 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #606258 Wed Nov 04 2020 10:26pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I have accidentally opened mine with the key in my pocket and not realising until I've walked in to the garage at some point and found it open, so can be done accidentally and may not necessarily be issue with the car, guess it depends how often it is doing it. Only a suggestion but wondered if it had anything to do with the remote closing mod in anyway? that is if you have it of course, although never had a issue with mine in 5 years since it was fitted.

Cheers
Col

Post #606259 Wed Nov 04 2020 10:33pm
insiorc

Well I might be a little further to solving this issue and Col, you may be onto it, tonight when opening the drivers door to drive home from work the boot opened by itself the second I pulled the handle (also unlocking it as keyless). I drove home all ok but as soon as I got on my drive the boot opened, then with engine idling I closed it but it opened again with some rattling like someone pressing the button several times quickly. It is staying closed now but seems only as I've locked it, which would tie in with the earlier opening when I opened the door/unlocked, and also when I got on my drive as this would be low enough speed to allow the opening.

So firstly does anyone know if it is a dedicated fuse that I can pull to prevent it opening for the next two days as I need the RRS for work? It's raining heavy outside so if I can just disable the switches or boot opening by pulling fuses it'd be handy.

I never thought before but tonight I checked for codes and B10C5-23 was there with reference to luggage compartment pull switch staying low. I do have a boot close module fitted so that'd be my first thing to disconnect. This could also explain the erratic BM2 readings aswell.
 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #606541 Wed Nov 11 2020 10:04pm
Col

Dennis, have a look at Fuse No. 15 in engine bay fuse box mentions Power Tailgate and POT not sure what the maybe, but I don't think it will be anything to do with the Pot I remember. Rolling with laughter

Cheers
Col

Post #606543 Wed Nov 11 2020 10:27pm
insiorc

Col, thanks for that. I went out to check the fuse but it was pouring down so I jumped in the drivers seat for shelter, a few seconds later the boot opened just a little then closed itself. If it's the internal switch, or more likely the closer module then I'm thinking it may be inhibited when locked, and as it seems to be staying closed when locked I've decided to abondon it until the weekend when I've more time. I'm taking my wife's Evoque to work much to her annoyance.

So at least I know my first Saturday job now. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #606546 Wed Nov 11 2020 11:02pm
insiorc

I think it's the external opener switch that's at fault. I initially disconnected the closer module earth wire then cleared the codes but after a few minutes the code was back. Then I disconnected what I think must be the wire going out to the external switch, the codes cleared and have not come back now for a few hours. I've left the cover off and will see how things go before reconnecting the closer module..

From what I can find LR079909 is the switch part number. Is it just a case of prising the switch out form the outside or does the silver strip require removing? If it just prises out I'd look into seeing if it can open and clean. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #606619 Sat Nov 14 2020 5:15pm
Col

I changed mine way back and if I remember right you can't actualy remove it without taking the inner trim panel off to release the retaining lugs and get to all the electrical connectors to unplug it, the switch itself is completely sealed and you would have to break it open to get into it, no need to remove the silver trim either.

This is what it looks like as have spare one here

Click image to enlarge

Cheers
Col

Post #606631 Sun Nov 15 2020 11:05am
insiorc

Col, your info as usual is most helpful, thank you.

I'd better get one ordered up then, at the moment I can live without the switch being connected, it's just the numberplate lights left not working but I'm not likely to be going anywhere for a few weeks.

Cheers, 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine

Post #606632 Sun Nov 15 2020 11:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12