RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Photos, Videos & Media > Should you buy a used Range Rover Sport?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

knwatkins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Should you buy a used Range Rover Sport?

Kev

MY2014 L405 RR Vogue SE 4.4 SDV8 in Corris Grey
MY2010 L320 RRS HSE 3.0 TDV6 in Stornoway Grey

Post #604046 Wed Sep 02 2020 3:02pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Skipped through it. Stand out bit of advice was at the end - don't max out on the purchase, have some "fix it" money available. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #604050 Wed Sep 02 2020 3:59pm
PeteF74

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Orkney Grey

There are a couple like this on You Tube where they only seem to focus on the plus points of the car. There are also those that tell you not to ever EVER touch one with a very long barge pole because of all the problems and costs and they don't have a good word to say.

As a new owner myself (and only ever had a Range Rover Classic years ago) I am kind of somewhere in the middle, yes I agree with all the plus points, its a stonking drive when its all working properly you cant beat them, well, maybe an L405 Laughing

But I would also like to know about all the potential issues, such as the bottom arms, crankshafts, water leaks, suspension issues, manifolds, belts, quality oils, gearbox flushing etc.

No one on You Tube seems to be realistic about it (apart from having a cash fund for repairs) The recently published mag book from Land Rover Owner on the RRS is also a bit light on detail.

Its ONLY this forum which has given me some REAL insight into the RRS I have bought Thumbs Up

Post #604586 Wed Sep 16 2020 8:35am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Forums are good for advice. but if you go by any forum for any car, you would not buy anything as the majority of people on them have problems or are looking for advice on how to fix them. How many come on saying their car is great, no problems, not many.
If you see a car you like, do your own due diligence, ie service history, mot history, condition etc. If you know nothing about cars, its worth paying to get it checked by an expert. Everything is relative. These are expensive cars when new & when they get older or rack up the miles, the parts are still just as expensive as when new. You can't expect to run a £70000+ new price for the same expense as a £10000 small runabout. Horses for courses.

Post #604589 Wed Sep 16 2020 10:21am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Only had my TDV8 for a year now never dreamt of owning one & really was bought on impulse as my Hyundai Terracan was becoming unreliable, came with a good service history but fortunately I found a very good independent who checked it over for me & put everything that needed putting right for a reasonable cost. These forums are great for advice , but certainly keep a fund for maintenance as things will undoubtedly crop up. I have watched the Video and there's some good advice in it.

Post #604590 Wed Sep 16 2020 10:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1