RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > New Android 9 Discovery/RRS Android Stereo System
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 7 <1234567

mrluke

United Kingdom 

Ok decided to refit this unit back into my car yesterday .

GPS lack of signal resolved by placing the unit on far right dashboard ( also got a new GPS antenna)

Mic has been replaced with the USB version, and thats great Wink

Phone seems to be the only problem with this unit now . I have given up on the seller fixing it ( especially after my youtube video ) but just using the inbuilt car one ( which is probably better any how ).

Will give it some good testing ! and see how it goes.

Post #603976 Tue Sep 01 2020 8:36am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Ok after testing more in the car i noticed satnav sound stopped working (it was working on the bench randomly)
Also the phone still did not work.

it was still doing that "Clicking" sound instead of making any proper noise.

I decided to give the manufacturer another email from a different email address and say i have just bought it and the sat nav does not work.

He quickly responded with asking for a pic of the harness . I gave this to him . A few emails later after some careful pushing he responded.

Hes response

Remove pin 4 to pin 5 hole lol !

Now the speaker works and so does Phone & Satnav instructions . I assume the clicking sound i hear is the unit trying to engage the speaker. With one of the cables being in the wrong hole it wasn't working correctly.

I haven't tested it fully ... But a quick test i did on my drive seems very promising !

I really don't get why he didn't get me to do this in the first place Censored

But seems the unit may now be fully working. Rolling with laughter

Post #605592 Thu Oct 15 2020 6:18pm
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Ok after testing more .

This is how the unit works.

If you are listening to OEM factory radio , the sat nav works via the "Extra" speaker. Seems to work fine.

If you are on the android unit and the unit is not playing any thing , it also comes through the "Extra" speaker.

The problem i had was when you played any music on the android unit and activated the satnav, it would mix via the car speakers for the first Satnav instruction and then it would stop the music and then come via the "Extra" speaker . Was very annoying as it was stopping the music after every instruction and i had to click on play each time to resume it.

After a lengthy broken english email exchange, he presented me with a new version of the "Can" software and this fixed this issue.

It could be after so many months i have a fully working unit !

Now, would i recommend this unit .

Benefits

Nice screen
Software runs nice and fast
4G works good
Fits OEM like
Working reverse camera
Working rear parking sensors
Satnav can work while running factory radio.music etc
Easy transition between factory and android screen
Easy install ( no need to run Aux cable to rear)

Cons

Bad support from China

Lots of software updates to get this working to a reasonable standard

Built in Mic is VERY bad ( You can use an external USB one)

Bluetooth phone app is pretty bad, Im not using it but i don't think it displays contact names despite downloading the phone book. ( To be verified)

No screen for Front parking sensors when in android mode ( when i park i activate the fronts when getting close to the house , you can still hear the sounds just not the OEM picture)

Conclusion

Most of the issues could have been the flaw of being probably the first purchaser of this unit before they had even adapted the Discovery version to the RRS, But i was willing to support the developer despite the language barrier but i was pretty much fobbed off.

Due to the support of the unit i still wouldnt recommend it . If you are able to get one cheap and need any of the updates/fixes i have let me know and ill email them over.

Post #606015 Wed Oct 28 2020 8:49am
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Great to hear you have got the system finally working as it should.

But I have to agree with you. My current experience is by far the worst, and I think this is because I've bought from a company that basically only assembles the device and doesn't develop it.

Also, those companies supporting niche Land Rover products are small retailers compared to the likes of Joying and Seicane etc.

Anyway, I'll see if I can get anywhere before ripping out the unit and putting in something that works...

I see you got a USB microphone working. How did you do that? I got a USB microphone and it's not recognised. Did you have to change setting or something?

Would appreciate any pointers as currently the unit is toast without a microphone, amongst other things which I'll post on the appropriate thread.

Cheers

Guy 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #606612 Sat Nov 14 2020 6:09am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Hey ,

The USB microphone just worked . Didn't have to do anything with it.

Then again i have no need for it i suppose other than inputting satnav postcodes. By far the Range rover Bluetooth is a lot better quality so will keep using that for phone.

I have noticed an issue since i installed their last update. When using the "Built in" media player it take forever to recognize my USB stick (32gB ) and sometimes it crashes .

Going to try another stick and factory reset the device.

Wish me Luck !

Post #606713 Wed Nov 18 2020 9:48am
Guyzer73

Oman 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Cheers,

I guess I'll have to have a play around and see if I can get it to work.

I actually gave up on the factory media player as it just lists all the tracks and there's no search function for albums etc.

However, the video player from factory is not bad...

Best of luck Thumbs Up 2006 RRS S/C CONSTANTLY under modification...
1994 RRC 4.2l not LSE sadly gone but not forgotten
LR Defender 300Tdi - affectionately know as "The Black Beast"

Post #606757 Thu Nov 19 2020 9:59am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

luckly downsizing the memory stick solved the issue , the 32gB one i was using has a problem i believe as it was disconnecting from the pc.

A good factory reset of the unit also helped Wink

Post #606844 Sat Nov 21 2020 9:04am
SUGO

Italy 

mrluke wrote:
Ok after testing more in the car i noticed satnav sound stopped working (it was working on the bench randomly)
Also the phone still did not work.

it was still doing that "Clicking" sound instead of making any proper noise.

I decided to give the manufacturer another email from a different email address and say i have just bought it and the sat nav does not work.

He quickly responded with asking for a pic of the harness . I gave this to him . A few emails later after some careful pushing he responded.

Hes response

Remove pin 4 to pin 5 hole lol !

Now the speaker works and so does Phone & Satnav instructions . I assume the clicking sound i hear is the unit trying to engage the speaker. With one of the cables being in the wrong hole it wasn't working correctly.

I haven't tested it fully ... But a quick test i did on my drive seems very promising !

I really don't get why he didn't get me to do this in the first place Censored

But seems the unit may now be fully working. Rolling with laughter

Hello! Same problem on my RRS "Zuolv" 10.25 unit ! What do you mean with "Remove pin 4 to pin 5 hole" ???

Another question: when I press voice command button on steering wheel it starts both Oem assistant and google assistant together, and one speak with the other aaaaargghhhhh, do you have the same problem?

Post #607955 Tue Dec 29 2020 1:13am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

Hey , Sorry missed this response

On my screen there is a white plug that connects to the screen , so basically i had to remove one of the cables inside the white plug and plug it in a different hole on the white plug . Basically the factory had wired the internal speaker to the wrong pin ! . But my problem was also software related as well as after they fixed the speaker the mixing still didn't work correctly.

Regarding the Voice Command , currently mine only controls the cars which is better because i use the car phone system . But when testing i did somehow manage to get them both working at the same time like yourself but must have reverted back to OEM only when i factory reset the unit . Have you tried changing the steering wheel setting in factory settings ?

Post #608768 Mon Jan 18 2021 9:15am
mrluke

United Kingdom 

For any one still interested in this unit. I have been using it quite a bit and it works fine now since the seller sorted out the problems.

I'm actually thinking about selling it separately ( including the RRS OEM unit which is required for it to work ) when i sell my car within the next 3 months . If any one is interested give me a shout Wink

Post #610829 Mon Mar 01 2021 10:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 7 of 7 <1234567