RRSPORT.CO.UK

    Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > InControl Duo/Pro USB Compatability
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
 
DangerMouseUK



Member Since: 16 Jul 2016
Location: London
Posts: 415

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black
InControl Duo/Pro USB Compatability

Hi Guys,

Has anyone else noticed recently with 19C or so that USB drives (32gb and under) that are formatted in FAT32 via Windows are coming up greyed out in their InControl system?

When I did the same format on my Mac the system read the usb drives!!

I've tried a few different USB sticks and its all the same - format it under Mac OS X in FAT and it works and format it in Windows 10 and it will show up as greyed out in the car - but other devices can read the sticks fine!!

Thanks! RRS P525 Autobiography MY19

Post #597061 Fri Mar 27 2020 1:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Estrace



Member Since: 24 Sep 2019
Location: AIGUES VIVES 30670
Posts: 11

France 

For gps charts updates the system requests that the usb stick must be formated in FAT32 on windows10
The problem is that sticks of more than 32GB can only be formated FAT32 with specific software and not on Windows10 and if you format in FAT32 a stick of say 64GB, the JLR chart update software does not want to work because the sick is more than 32GB
Aparently the only way to update the charts is by using FAT32 AND a sick of 32GB and no more but unfortunately the standard 32MB sicks are too small to accomodate the chart update data and the JLR update software does not want to update......

This is a catch 22 situation but after some thinking I managed to update the GPS OK by using a 32GB SD card wich is very slightly bigger than a 32GB stick and which just accomodated the chart update data

I am just worried that the next GPS update might be a bit bigger than the last one and therefore it might be impossible to update it

Has somebody had the same problem??????

Cheers and good confinement to all

Serge

Post #597163 Mon Mar 30 2020 4:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jimbg



Member Since: 29 Jan 2013
Location: By the River Dart
Posts: 1095

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You can use a 64 Gb stick.

One guy on the Disc05 forum is using a 128 GB stick! Thumbs Up 2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

Post #597171 Mon Mar 30 2020 10:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
DangerMouseUK



Member Since: 16 Jul 2016
Location: London
Posts: 415

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I have used a multitude of 8/16/32gb sticks all different Sandisk models and all formatted specifically in FAT32 - I've even used different formatting software other than the built in Windows formatter and still nothing.

Any of them formatted in the latest Windows 10 with 19C on InControl and the USB will just appear greyed out.

Format them on a MacBook using FAT32 (calls it MS-DOS FAT but I guess its FAT32) and they work just fine!!!

Sent emails to cesuppor@JLR but no replies and the CRC team told me to take it to the dealership which wasn't helpful.

Any other ideas?

Will have to wait until 20A rolls out again and see if that fixes it I guess!!

(Anyone else running 19C that wants to format a USB under Windows 10 (FAT32) and then dump some MP3s on it and tell me if it appears greyed out under sources that would help).

Thanks! RRS P525 Autobiography MY19

Post #597174 Tue Mar 31 2020 12:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Estrace



Member Since: 24 Sep 2019
Location: AIGUES VIVES 30670
Posts: 11

France 

jimbg wrote:
You can use a 64 Gb stick.

One guy on the Disc05 forum is using a 128 GB stick! Thumbs Up


I tried 64 and 128 stick formated in FAT32 and it does not work for updating the G P S charts

Post #597181 Tue Mar 31 2020 1:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
Estrace



Member Since: 24 Sep 2019
Location: AIGUES VIVES 30670
Posts: 11

France 

DangerMouseUK wrote:
I have used a multitude of 8/16/32gb sticks all different Sandisk models and all formatted specifically in FAT32 - I've even used different formatting software other than the built in Windows formatter and still nothing.

Any of them formatted in the latest Windows 10 with 19C on InControl and the USB will just appear greyed out.

Format them on a MacBook using FAT32 (calls it MS-DOS FAT but I guess its FAT32) and they work just fine!!!

Sent emails to cesuppor@JLR but no replies and the CRC team told me to take it to the dealership which wasn't helpful.

Any other ideas?

Will have to wait until 20A rolls out again and see if that fixes it I guess!!

(Anyone else running 19C that wants to format a USB under Windows 10 (FAT32) and then dump some MP3s on it and tell me if it appears greyed out under sources that would help).

Thanks!


I tried only with the data files from the JLR program for updating the GPS charts and it worked as per my last post
I will try to transfer standard MP3’s on a stick to In Control USB sources and let you know but it works fine with DVD’s

Cheers

Serge

Post #597182 Tue Mar 31 2020 1:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jimbg



Member Since: 29 Jan 2013
Location: By the River Dart
Posts: 1095

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Estrace wrote:
jimbg wrote:
You can use a 64 Gb stick.

One guy on the Disc05 forum is using a 128 GB stick! Thumbs Up


I tried 64 and 128 stick formated in FAT32 and it does not work for updating the G P S charts


It does work, maybe worth checking Disc05 forum if you want to know how it's done. 2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

Post #597183 Tue Mar 31 2020 1:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Reply with quote
jimbg



Member Since: 29 Jan 2013
Location: By the River Dart
Posts: 1095

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey
Re: InControl Duo/Pro USB Compatability

DangerMouseUK wrote:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else noticed recently with 19C or so that USB drives (32gb and under) that are formatted in FAT32 via Windows are coming up greyed out in their InControl system?

When I did the same format on my Mac the system read the usb drives!!

I've tried a few different USB sticks and its all the same - format it under Mac OS X in FAT and it works and format it in Windows 10 and it will show up as greyed out in the car - but other devices can read the sticks fine!!

Thanks!


I am not sure about your problem, but Windows 10 formatting has definitely changed at some point.

I have 2 identical Sandisk 32 GB sticks and I used to randomly pick up one to use for the map download.
I used to always format it before starting off the process until one day it said it was too small.

I plugged in the other one and it worked OK, as the downloader overwrites the old files.

I make sure now that I use that same stick and NEVER re-format it.

Here is the difference between the 2, the one labelled Music has just been formatted a moment ago and the other has not been touched for over a year and contains the last map download.



 2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

Post #597185 Tue Mar 31 2020 4:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1
All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Jump to  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >
Posting Rules
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Site Copyright © 2005-2020 Futuranet Ltd & Martin Lewis
RRSPORT.CO.UK RSS Feed - All Forums

Switch to Mobile site