RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR Values
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

louischristie8

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
SVR Values

I have a SVR which I purchased last year, I didnt look at any other models at the time but had a little browse now (through boredom) and it seems there is a large price difference on used SVRs vs supercharged. You could save a large chunk of money by buying a supercharged over an SVR, (same year, mileage etc)

Im very happy with my car and wouldn't change my choice. But it got me thinking, will the SVRs start hitting heavy depreciation?

not asking so to avoid the deprecation or sell etc, as my third range rover I know we dont buy these for keeping their value. Just opening a discussion really...

Post #597999 Wed Apr 22 2020 10:17am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

To be honest in the next few months car prices will drop rapidly,their will be garages going bankrupt plus some will just close flooding the market with used cars,I’m after a SVR but I’m waiting till this blows over & see how much they fall. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #598000 Wed Apr 22 2020 10:39am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

If the unemployment figures ramp up as expected, there will be loads of lease cars handed back. Saying that the only winners will be people with no trade ins as trade in prices will fall like a stone so don't expect a bargain if trading in.

Post #598003 Wed Apr 22 2020 12:31pm
syl

United Kingdom 

If you look at the GMFV for an SVR on a PCP then it looks like JLR didn’t expect them to hold up as well as they have. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #598025 Wed Apr 22 2020 7:11pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I would not pay a premium for an SVR because I would prefer an AB Supercharged. But there is no doubt in my mind that the market would pay a premium for SVR. They will always be worth more, simple as that. And in general the supercharged is rare enough to ‘protect’ its value against humdrum diesels and electric assisted petrols which significantly out number Supercharged on the used market.

That said, the higher the original value for a RRS the heavier the depreciation £££ wise, even if proportionally the depreciation is kinda the same. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #598069 Thu Apr 23 2020 8:58pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

A friend of mine is doing brand new factory order svr’s at £840 a month for 3 years personal lease, 9 payments down mind, but still seems a good deal when you see the GFV on the pcp for one & it seems to cost you a lot more per month.

Post #598072 Thu Apr 23 2020 10:08pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

https://leasing.com/independent-brokers/be...498889448/

Looks about right but that would be with zero options at all on it . . .

Even official LR dealers are doing them at similar money according to Leasing.com

That being said that is still a 37.5k lease cost.

If you got a decent retail discount I'm sure you'd come out cheaper doing an HP deal and then selling privately as SVRs are going to be worth more than 62.5k at three years old, give or take - depends how you spec it I guess. If you like it in a wild combination that no one is going to buy with some weird options then maybe PCH is the way to go.

Then again I guess it takes all the headache out of it, no ownership interest at all just hand keys back and if the lease company is decent with fair wear and tear thats the end of it. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #598074 Fri Apr 24 2020 12:27am
m13lky

United Kingdom 

DM it’s a good deal, should add his is 10k miles per year not 5k like your link, taking a new basic svr on a similar pcp over 3 years with a £6k discount will cost you £11k deposit & £1150 per month x 36 totals £52400 on pcp, straight from JLR build on line, same car on lease £37800, may get a better discount but can’t see much over £10k off when new, pre reg maybe different but pcp interest rate usually goes up & gfv down so your normally better off buying new.

Just highlighting there are good personal lease deals out there.

Post #598090 Fri Apr 24 2020 3:31pm
DangerMouseUK

Agreed that is a good deal at 10k !!!

No definitely and it takes all the headache out of it as well, just hand back - especially with the new one due in 2ish years now it would be a lot safer to go down that route.

Is it direct with an LR dealer or via a broker? Non JLR Vehicle

Post #598095 Fri Apr 24 2020 7:15pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Broker, factory build slots & still current as he’s working from home next door to me, didn’t want to post the link as I wasn’t sure if it was allowed, 2 year deal is only a few quid more a month, anyone interested message me & I’ll send details or if mods read this let me know if I can post link?

Post #598100 Fri Apr 24 2020 10:32pm
DangerMouseUK

Was that bog standard or with a few options?

Either way send a PM, I won't be going for an SVR but I know one or two people that might at that price . . Non JLR Vehicle

Post #598136 Sat Apr 25 2020 6:04pm
louischristie8

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

DangerMouseUK wrote:

If you got a decent retail discount I'm sure you'd come out cheaper doing an HP deal and then selling privately as SVRs are going to be worth more than 62.5k at three years old, give or take

I paid a fair chunk less than 62 for my 3 year old SVR from a Land Rover dealer. But I suppose the new shape may have caused that extra price drop...

The PCP has the value at 28k after 3 years, so it will be 6 years old with 60k miles. I would hope it would be worth a smidge more but cant see it

Post #598140 Sat Apr 25 2020 7:01pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Upto now i really do not think anyone could complain about SVR values they have held up very well and just goes to show how much the car is rated and rightly so. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #598256 Tue Apr 28 2020 1:48pm
syl

United Kingdom 

The only problem with values is that the "worth" of the car is not what you see on the windscreen of a similar car at the dealer's forecourt, it's what the dealer will offer you for yours at trade-in time. At JLR there can be a good £10K between the two. RRS MY17 SDV6 AB
Evoque MY17 TD4 AB

Post #598346 Thu Apr 30 2020 3:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1