RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Wiper blades
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

jc74

United Kingdom 
Go for OEM

Right, I've been through many sets of wipers..
- Original OEM lasted about 12 months
- Bosch Aerotwins x3 sets lasted about 1 month before starting to smear. Each time after about 3-6 months I couldn't stand it any more and got rid of them, though last 2 sets were also juddering after about 1 month.
- Trilcolor. I got these when ordering "OEM" blades off ebay the advert had even the OEM part numbers. The seller insisted that Tricolor were brand used by OEM, however they looked nothing like the originals I had from new, and at £35, hardly cheap! They juddered and struggled so badly to wipe that you'd think the wiper motor would break. I binned these after about 2 weeks. - Just be very careful buying off Ebay!
- Denso hybrids x2 sets, half the price of OEM and look very similar to OEM blades. No judder, however with both sets within 2-3 months I found they were smearing. (The second set was straight after a windscreen replacement so it definitely wasn't something on the glass!)
- Walked into a dealership and bought original OEM blades after haggling the price down to £49 inc VAT. Back to a clean smear and judder free wiping experience!

So in summary, I wouldn't recommend anything other than OEM!

Post #596925 Tue Mar 24 2020 12:03pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought the Bosch were crap, binned them after a month as well, noisy and juddering and that was on a new screen.

Cheers
Col

Post #596973 Tue Mar 24 2020 11:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123