RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Muddys Mini Countryman Cooper S All4 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Have you checked that the car is set to the high charging rate in the dash board settings - there are three options high, medium or low charge rate in the big dash menu? I couldn’t understand why mine wasn’t fully charged after a whole night on the granny charger........ to it into the dealership the next day and their Mini Guru showed me how to change the charge rate settings. At home I put it on high/fast and while I’m away I set the car up to charge on the lowest rate for 2 hours a night but then that also doesn’t take more than 3 nights to fill the battery up. I was told by the dealership to leave it unplugged when I was away for 3 months and to recharge it when I got home. I read the (Awful) owners manual and found that I could leave it on charge on low power for up to 100 days without damaging the batteries so that’s what I’ve done for the last 18 months. I also leave the car with my little trickle charging solar panel connected to the jump start terminals under the bonnet to keep the petrol engine battery topped up - I was told by somebody that in the Mini the 12v battery for the petrol engine doesn’t take any charge from the big HV battery bank under the back seat, so I trickle charge it. So far I’ve not had any issues with either system.
Despite its Ugly Betty looks it really is a bit of a fun car to drive and unless you use Sport mode, very quiet on a longer journey with surprisingly little wind noise despite the standard roof rails. Even with the openinggpano roof open there is little noise in the cabin - one reason I upgraded the audio to the Harmon Kardon upgraded version which isn’t as good as the 825w Meridian from either of my Evoques or the last RRS but it is a good system.

Here’s my private plate

Compared to the Defender it’s definitely NOT ONE FOR MUD.......... In anticipation of a new Defender being to my liking I also bought NE 1 4 MUD? and already owned AM 1 4 MUD - nice plates at the lowest DVLA rate. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #591316 Sun Dec 01 2019 6:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I like it Cool

I have charger set to Max - found this going through menus 1st night Thumbs Up

The Mitsy checked the 12v battery daily at 2pm and topped up if necessary so never needed to worry about it - I expected the Mini to do similar although the Lexus didn't come to think of it and had to be hooked up to Ctek Confused

I have the 500c tucked away on Ctek for winter and was planning to drive it when weather improves - suggested selling it but SWMBO says no way we have to use it when travelling in moho - I think we could manage solo but my suggestion she follow me in Mini went down like a lead balloon Rolling Eyes

The Mini is so nice I really don't want to drive the 500c again Laughing

Pity the Mini can't be towed on an A-frame and is too heavy to tow on a trailer Big Cry Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #591321 Sun Dec 01 2019 7:00pm
Tim in Scotland

Yes the PHEV a tad lardy weight wise! It’s like having a very heavy permanent passenger lugging the batteries around.

I thought I would find it hard no longer having the RRS but it was a hugely expensive car to own - high running costs, frequent visits to the dealers for servicing or fixing, high insurance. Mini cost me 1/10th to fuel in the first 12 months compared to the SDV6 and that us despite not startling mpg figures in petrol mode. Insurance is low and servicing nil, one unscheduled visit for the dealer for a battery charging software update that didn’t want to do itself over the air, next Service is an oil change in May 2020 at two years old and 12000 miles Then 2021 at 3 years old for a mechanical check over. I’ve never seen less of a service bay in 35 years JLR ownership time when the cars had to go in 3-4 times a year for something silly to be fixed or updated. And while I miss being able to see over hedgerows, it is a fun car to drive despite it’s lardiness! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #591385 Mon Dec 02 2019 8:24pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Totally agree Tim Bow down

After selling the RRS and DS I felt something was missing after 16 years of LR ownership but it’s now passed after 3 years in other vehicles with only trips to dealer being for services Thumbs Up

Thanks to Andy “Tyrefitter” yesterday I now have Goodyear Allseason Tyres fitted ready for winter Mr. Green

The Mini is certainly filling the fun gap left since the RRS and the Lexus went Cool Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591524 Thu Dec 05 2019 11:00pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Thanks for your custom Paul.

PS next time don’t forget the coffees Laughing Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #591545 Fri Dec 06 2019 5:09pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Sorry Andy😳 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591547 Fri Dec 06 2019 5:37pm
Tim in Scotland

Paul you need to swap your roof rails and sill guards for the black ones.........
On my drive

At the dealership fresh off the transporter
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #591552 Fri Dec 06 2019 7:52pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Laughing

Wish I had the privacy glass - deciding if I should get film but never looks as good Embarassed

Also wondering about mudflaps Confused

1st issue - iPhone fails to send timed preheat instructions but does send preheat immediately Big Cry

Discovered today Apple Maps via carplay will display speed limits but Mini Nav and Google maps don't so looks like Apple Maps from now on Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591553 Fri Dec 06 2019 8:03pm
Tim in Scotland

There was a post a couple of days ago on Mini2 about that issue with the app, mine is the same since the last software update done to the car - I don’t find it a pain but it SHOULD work. I don’t use ACP much in the car. Another app problem I have is that it says that the GOS in the car is not available so I cannot track it, I’ve read a similar thread here about remote starts on cars with the LR remote heat and the car going into sleep mode after a while and not responding to the signals from the app while it is snoozing!
I’m happy enough with running the untamed climatizing from the app when I’m at home but rather wanted the car to warm up on frosty nights a couple of times a week while I am away. I set it up on the dash but I cannot tell if it is actually defrosting the car. Last time I risked using the app over the ship’s WiFi I succeeded in unlocking it but couldn’t relock it and had to get my father to do it with the fob that he has at his house.......... not very useful when you are halfway across the world from the car!
The privacy glass is not quite as dense as the Land Rover factory privacy glass but dark enough, my opening panoroof is finished to the same spec darkness too. That is the only real fault I have with my car - incessant rattling form the cheap papier-mache sliding sunshades over the two sections - the LR system of a mesh rollover blind is much better and doesn’t rattle. The Mini dealer tried to fix it but next time I opened the sunshade the rattles came back!
I don’t have mud flaps on mine and it doesn’t seem to get that much spray up the doors or the back so I’ll not be getting them.
I do treat mine to this monthly when im at home as I had the car delivered to a detailer once the PDI was done - GTechnic ceramic finish applied saves a lot of washing pains!

Post #591554 Fri Dec 06 2019 8:38pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I foamed mine this morning and rinsed before a trip despite wet roads because it was so dirty but the Makita jet wash ate itself again - I am not getting it fixed this time as it's Censored

I have already replaced the motor, wheels and gun but enough is enough - I went for it because it's supposed to be trade rated - considering the minimal use I give it there's no way and it wasn't cheap Rolling Eyes

So looks like I need another and foam bottle Sad

Rubber mats fitted today courtesy of Mini-Direct on Ebay - great price but rubbish service Confused

I've contacted Mini via the App but can live with it for now as it's still an improvement on the Mitsy App and usually my trips are unplanned as I don't have a daily commute for work anymore Thumbs Up

I'm now finding excuses to drive again just to use the car though Laughing Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591558 Fri Dec 06 2019 10:25pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Paul if your in the market for a new PW I recommend one of these,I have one & coupled it up to my wall mounted 20metre hose reel,I know use my old snowfoam bottle with clean water to flush through the gun so it doesn’t clog up when not used.

https://www.directhoses.net/collections/al...-quick-fit

Then I made this pipe to turn off when not in use

Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #591572 Sat Dec 07 2019 9:00am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I like the look of that Andy Thumbs Up

How long have you had it - good reliability?

I could have same set up as my tap is same position in my garage Mr. Green

New problem Tim iPhone wouldn’t charge yesterday in car using white lightning lead in CarPlay usb or auxiliary USB adapter Sad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591576 Sat Dec 07 2019 10:46am
Tim in Scotland

Paul - I’ve been in contact with my local dealership and have this comment back about the new 10kW/h battery

Quote:
I have driven one of the new models and I have to say, it felt more like the countryman model I drive than the previous version of the PHEV. I don't even know how to fully explain it, other than it feels more grounded in handling, with a larger capacity charge.

The upgraded batteries are currently in production, so anything built from I believe August onward should have the new set up.

Post #591578 Sat Dec 07 2019 12:03pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Have to admit Tim the 69 pate Exclusive I drove was more comfortable than the SE Chill Pack I’ve purchased but the £13500 saving makes up for it Thumbs Up Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #591586 Sat Dec 07 2019 1:38pm
Tim in Scotland

Sounds good, when I bought mine it was delivered and registered 25 days before the Govt removed the £2500 payout for buying a low emissions vehicle, but they also got their in-group Land Rover dealership to view my RRS and the part-ex value increased by £4000! I suspect that they had a client in the Inverness area waiting for it! But I was well,pleased with the final valuation which was hugely more than my local LR dealership was prepared to give me against a new RRS SDV6 HSE D or a P400e RRS HSE D or even the same dealers Jaguar franchise value against an iPace SE that was their ex demo car with 1000 miles on it ........ it wasn’t like I was looking for more as the Mini was already in build!
One thing I did was to over-spec my Countryman! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #591587 Sat Dec 07 2019 2:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>